Season of Discovery Hotfixes - April 29

nah nah that aint right - yall named the item that gives them flask - they were persisting through death if you didnt release and then you made them flask a day or so ago… dont go back on that and make them elixirs… cmon what

2 Likes

So let me get this straight:

1.) Devs made an item and named it flask
2.) Devs made it unique so you can only carry one, which means you get one per raid and if you die it’s gone(no raid will wait for you to go get another)
3.) Devs decided to make them persist through death but didn’t remove them being unique so you can still only carry one
4.) Patch goes live and it doesn’t work, they still are gone after you die
5.) Devs decided “actually these aren’t even flasks” in spite of naming them flasks and that they should not persist through death
6.) Devs left them unique so people can still only carry one.

This is only ONE example with MANY MANY others…but maybe this should illustrate to you why the forums and playerbase in general is disillusioned as time goes on.

Either make these persist through death or allow stacks of them. This is a VERY easy concept to understand if you know literally anything about wow. Which the devs absolutely should.

5 Likes

The screaming chain pauldrons are likely to not be used. All leatherworkers, that can wear chain, i.e., elemental shamans, will just go the membrane of dark neurosis item. It provides the same amount of spell power, 1% hit, and a decent chance on hit effect, which can be trigger by both melee and spell hit, versus no hit chance, same spell power, and a spell cast haste proc that only triggers on damaging spell casts.

Pretty bunk

honestly I was hoping that the flask was just slightly worse than double elixir and it would make it so that elixirs couldn’t be used

Consumable bill is insane atm

BOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

April 11, 2024

Season of Discovery

• Darkmoon Card: Overgrowth proc chance increased to 10% (was 5%).
  • Darkmoon Card: Decay now procs from ranged attacks and abilities.
  • Anguish of the Dream’s bonus damage on next ability will no longer be consumed by professions.
  • “Jungle Durian” now rewards 20 Jungle Durians (was 10).
  • Rogue
    • Cheap Shot’s stun effect can now correctly apply to targets under the effects of Goblin Rocket Helmet’s Reckless Charge.
    • Combat Potency and Deadly Brew can no longer proc from Fiery Weapon procs.
  • Shaman
    • Rolling Thunder now correctly restores 2% of the Shaman’s total mana per Lightning Shield charge released.
    • Shamans should now appropriately have access to Rank 4 of Fire Nova (was Fire Nova Totem) when the rune is engraved.
  • Warlock
    • Unstable Affliction is now affected by Haunt’s increase.
    • Damage over time effects that crit through the Pandemic rune will now be able to activate Dance of the Wicked.
    • Felguards summoned by Warlocks are now given an appropriate demon name.
  • Warrior
    • Gladiator Stance will now appear at the end of your stance bar instead of the beginning and will no longer rearrange the order of your stances for the purpose of stance macros.
  • Sunken Temple
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause Dreamscythe and Weaver to evade when their target survived falling into the Pit of Sacrifice.
1 Like

why can’t you guys check the bug feedback forum? you guys put on a fix to gladiator stance now being at the end of the stance bar and forgot that sweeping strikes and retaliation are still not usable while in gladiator stance.

Please make decay proc on the application of dots

Is it intentional that the Decay and Torment card do not proc of DoTs?

Please fix Main Gauche. Please. I love rogue tanking and I want to use the “tanking” runes. Please Blizzard devs. Rogue tanks everywhere are seriously begging you. Please help that rune be useful.

1 Like

I’m not sure if the Felguard having a name only counts for warlocks that haven’t summoned the Felguard before, cause as of the 11th my lock still has the name Felguard. No clue if the fix hasn’t gone out or if this is an oversight.

2 Likes

When are we getting fixes to Elemental shamans? are you going to pretend elemental shamans didnt went down to the bottom of the dps charts? Rolling thunder has too low chance and many fights have too many damage sources that reduce the lightning shield charges making the rune almost non existent since you will be lucky to use 3 or 4 earth shocks with 9 charges in a boss… not to mention the stupid decision of mental dexterity 10s duration making it mandatory for elementals to be at melee to scratch 100more dps in the meters, revert it to 1min duration so we dont have to be doing melee swings to be getting it all the time at least to help us do a bit more damage since Burn rune is useless for most bosses.

Sweet, felguard names :roll_eyes:, its still gets out damaged by a succubus… Which is insane.

Weakest felguard in any iteration of wow.

2 Likes

Hey Kaivax,

Any chance that the devs could make the Runecloth Bag recipe unlimited?

When a single player drops down the npc despawn. Is this a bug? I have tried many many times but as soon as I jump down (as the only player jumping into the room) it despawns

This is actually ludicrous, not only are you providing a new consumable you are intending to be a potion. YOU ARE MAKING A POTION A UNIQUE ITEM. Like… what? THERE IS 0 LOGIC HERE. You are just hurting the players… basically for the sake of hurting players. You aren’t limiting them for any good reason, they don’t persist through death to justify the cost. This is the kind of crap that makes people leave games ffs. DO BETTER

1 Like

“I’ve been thinking about this myself a lot, tbh. I dont think it was ever really the intent for SoM to be the only way to play and long term I’d like it if SoC/DS was more on-par with it. I do think we need to be realistic though that there will always be a numerically best, and whatever that best is, even if the gap is very narrow, it will be presented by the community as the “only” way to play.

There’s a lot of that going on in WoW right now, even though every dps class has multiple perfectly functional playstyles (and a few playstyles that haven’t been really tapped into yet); the “best build” tends to be viewed as the “only build” even if most reasonable people know that just isn’t true with how the content has been tuned so far.”

-Aggrend via X / Twitter

So I interpret this as….some runes/specs are horrible. Deal with it.

As a rogue, I guess we’ll be spamming Mutilate unless we wanna do mediocre damage.

2 Likes

April 16, 2024

Season of Discovery

• There are now Emerald Warden guard NPCs present near Nightmare Incursion questgivers and quartermasters.
  • The Atal’ai Mojo consumables are now Unique (2), allowing two to be carried and used.
  • There is now a 2.60 speed version of the off-hand weapon Serpent’s Striker, available from Zalgo the Explorer on Yojamba Isle in exchange for the 1.50 speed version of the item.
  • The drop rate of Nightmare Seeds in Sunken Temple has been increased by roughly 50%.
  • Sigil of Living Dreams no longer requires a Nightmare Seed.
  • Players should no longer occasionally gain no bonus blood when near Kha’damu and affected by Feast of Blood.
  • Players will now gain the Honorless Target effect whenever they enter or leave a Nightmare Incursion portal.
  • Rainbow Generator should now appear for troll, tauren, night elf, and all other races.
  • Grizzwerks Defense Industries has achieved record growth thanks to the efforts of adventurers across Azeroth, and Grizzby is now pleased to offer runes to heroes without requiring quests from them.
  • Druid
    • Starsurge no longer consumes Clearcasting procs from Omen of Clarity.
    • Skull Bash rune moved to the Hands slot (was the Leg slot).
    • Lacerate rune moved to the Leg slot (was Hands).
    • Lacerate threat increased substantially.
  • Hunter
    • Chimera Shot no longer refreshes Serpent Sting at 1 less damage per tick.
  • Mage
    • Impact can now be triggered by the damage from Molten Armor.
    • Deep Freeze will no longer deal damage to players who are temporarily Immune to stuns.
    • Deep Freeze can no longer be overwritten by an Impact stun, unless the new stun would be longer than the remaining duration on Deep Freeze.
      • Developers’ notes: Previously if you Deep Froze a target, and they were then hit with an Impact stun, you could accidentally overwrite a 5-second stun with a 2-second stun. Now you can’t overwrite it unless Deep Freeze is under 2 seconds.
  • Paladin
    • Light’s Grace rune moved to the Bracer slot (was Helm).
    • The mana return of Seal of Martyrdom has been increased significantly.
    • Eye for an Eye now works on damage-over-time crits.
  • Priest
    • Eye of the Void can no longer engage in melee combat.
    • Eye of the Void’s spells now all have a 35 yard range.
    • Surge of Light’s instant cast effect will no longer be consumed if Surge of Light was gained while casting Smite or Flash Heal.
    • Martyrdom now works to prevent pushback on Void Zone casts.
  • Rogue
    • Focused attacks now generates 3 additional energy (was 2).
  • Shaman
    • The Internal Cooldown for Overcharged has been increased to 3 seconds.
  • Warlock
    • Life tap now grants mana return to warlock pets.
    • Unstable Affliction’s damage has been increased by roughly 120%.
    • Warlocks with Metamorphosis active and the Master Demonologist talent will now gain increased threat generation when they summon an Imp or Felguard (was decreased threat generation).
  • Warrior
    • Victory Rush heal increased to 30% of the Warrior’s health (was 10%).
2 Likes

did blade of eternal darkness drop rate actually get buffed or not

My question is are we able to talk to him now if we jump down to the room in BRD?