Season of Discovery Hotfixes - April 30

Are we going to see balances for threat? I ran ZF several times with my guilds shaman tank yesterday and he was topping meters with lightning shield meanwhile as a rogue the best i have is shuriken toss. Dont nerf anyone. Bring everyone else up.

The Gurubashi hunter bow is bugged, it has the same proc as the level 40 version: 50 strength for 15sec. Also the tooltip makes no sense. Please fix…

Warriors never needed a nerf in classic, they were good in one aspect. PVE dps. This game shouldnt be balanced around stupid parses. Parses should be banned.

You need to fix the economy. Tons of people got stupid rich while others had to goto work and had slow progression. And now I’m 50 with 350g and a single Illusion dust cost 25g on my realm. I can’t even afford to enchant two swords. for the full mats for 2 enchants would cost me 392g. WTF!!!

How about refunding the currency on my trinket you decided to just delete ?

(Breadth of the beast)

2 Likes

April 8, 2024

Season of Discovery

• Updated the levels of Fireguard Destroyers in Black Rock Depths to be more appropriate for Phase 3 of Season of Discovery.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Druid Trainer Lognaar to vanish periodically.
  • Non-Engineering and non-Blacksmithing nightmare armaments recipes no longer require a blacksmith hammer to craft.
  • The materials required for the quest “Mixology for Fun and Profit” have been adjusted.
  • Items
    • Darkmoon Card: Sandstorm no longer triggers on every instant cast spell.
    • Tenacity Chain is now Mail (was Leather).
    • Membrane of Dark Neurosis now has spell hit (was Spirit), and now has a spellpower proc (was haste).
    • Breadth of the Beast is now Unique.
  • Druid
    • The Free Wrath cast from Fury of Stormrage will no longer consume Clearcasting.
    • Rumsey Rum no longer 100% procs Omen of Clarity.
  • Mage
    • Balefire Bolt now procs and consumes clearcasting.
    • Balefire Bolt now correctly benefits from the Spellpower Rune.
    • Displacement no longer requires a target.
    • Balefire Bolt now works with Ignite.
    • Conjure Water Rank 6 now conjures 20 waters.
    • Molten Armor now falls off when the rune is swapped out.
    • Balefire Bolt now benefits from and consumes Arcane Blast stacks.
    • Balefire Bolt now benefits from and spends the charges of Combustion.
  • Priest
    • Void Zone damage no longer resets the casting time on your wand.
    • Void Zone now locks the Priest out of the Shadow school when kicked.
    • Void Zone visual changed to be less disruptive.
  • Rogue
    • Fixed a bug with Honor Among Thieves where it could stop working if you tried to gain a combo point on an ally or had your target die from a critical ability.
    • Honor Among Thieves should no longer consider whether the Rogue or their allies are flagged for PvP.
    • Carnage will no longer fall off while Rank 4 Rupture is active.
  • Shaman
    • Tidal Waves will now always apply its increase in Healing Wave case spell, even if the Healing Wave was spell queued.
  • Warrior
    • Shield Slam now correctly has 200% increased threat.
    • Devastate correctly deals 150% weapon damage per second (was 100%).
  • Warlock
    • Felguard will now cast Cleave even when there is only 1 target.
    • Demonic Sacrifice buffs now fall off when the Summon Felguard rune is removed.
  • The Sunken Temple
    • Fixed an issue where Festering Rotslime would despawn and then soft-lock the raid in combat.
      • Avatar of Hakkar and Hakkari Bloodkeeper health lowered by 35%.
    • Eranikus
      • Players should no longer be able to walk on the raised edges of the room.
      • Number of Whelps spawned in second phase reduced to 6 (was 8).
      • Number of Nightmare Scalebane spawned during third phase reduced to 2 (was 3).
      • Period for the Summoning Effect of last phase increased to 9 seconds (was 6 seconds).
      • Number of Whelps and Scalebane spawned during last phase dropped to 3 and 1 (was 4 and 2).
  • Nightmare Incursions
    • Retuned the Unstable Wisp in the Hinterlands Nightmare Incursion to be a bit less punishing for players to deal with.
    • Quest objects for Nightmare Incursions now have multiple simultaneous spawn locations.
    • Reduced the experience awarded by Nightmare Incursion quests.
    • Increased the reputation granted by level 50 quests.
2 Likes

If the flasks are now persisting through death, why cant the Enchanting Sigils?

4 Likes

Big facts either let them persist through death or let it reset the cd after the effect is dispelled or on death. 30 min CD is cringe af on a consume especially with 5 min remaining before a pull.

Right when they posted the hotfix, the hakkar bug happened for us and locked out our raid

How is Lightning Shield not getting fixed?

3 Likes

Still no fix for warlock rune Dance of the Wicked overriding a stronger buff with a weaker one.

Whole of last phase till now and still no fix, trash gameplay to not play so you don’t override it.

2 Likes

Still no fix for Unstable Affliction and Haunt not working together

Please explain what’s wrong with LS.
Its use case is basically only dungeon trash. It’s not even the preferred rune for pvp, and isn’t that strong in pvp anyway. It does negligible damage on single target encounters,

Seriously I don’t understand the hate lol, it just seems to be a bunch of spriests and mages unhappy to get beat on aoe meters for once, and bitter paladins who are jealous they’re not getting any love for tanking.

3 Likes

Master Mixologist is still broken, the Elixir of Demon Slaying required is non existent.

2 Likes

So nothing on the poor damage on most classes exept 3 or 4, balance druid went up by like 40?? while hunter are doing almost 1k with rogues and warriors

1 Like

Can the team rethink their decision on Alchemy flasks only being used in the Nightmare? I spent all of phase 2 never pressing my alchemy potion because of the extremely harsh downside, and it seems like phase 3 will become the same. As it is, the benefits for being an alchemist seem to be limited to gold, and not player power.

2 Likes

It does half my damage as a passive thorns effect.

I chugged those potions all p2. The trick is to make a macro that removes the irradiated buff they give and just use it as a second potion.

by how much?

(edit) oh wow a whole 25 extra rep per turn in…what a joke.

3 Likes

Still no fixes for rogue tanks. Cool.

1 Like