Season of Discovery Hotfixes - April 29

Sweet, felguard names :roll_eyes:, its still gets out damaged by a succubus… Which is insane.

Weakest felguard in any iteration of wow.

2 Likes

Hey Kaivax,

Any chance that the devs could make the Runecloth Bag recipe unlimited?

When a single player drops down the npc despawn. Is this a bug? I have tried many many times but as soon as I jump down (as the only player jumping into the room) it despawns

This is actually ludicrous, not only are you providing a new consumable you are intending to be a potion. YOU ARE MAKING A POTION A UNIQUE ITEM. Like… what? THERE IS 0 LOGIC HERE. You are just hurting the players… basically for the sake of hurting players. You aren’t limiting them for any good reason, they don’t persist through death to justify the cost. This is the kind of crap that makes people leave games ffs. DO BETTER

1 Like

“I’ve been thinking about this myself a lot, tbh. I dont think it was ever really the intent for SoM to be the only way to play and long term I’d like it if SoC/DS was more on-par with it. I do think we need to be realistic though that there will always be a numerically best, and whatever that best is, even if the gap is very narrow, it will be presented by the community as the “only” way to play.

There’s a lot of that going on in WoW right now, even though every dps class has multiple perfectly functional playstyles (and a few playstyles that haven’t been really tapped into yet); the “best build” tends to be viewed as the “only build” even if most reasonable people know that just isn’t true with how the content has been tuned so far.”

-Aggrend via X / Twitter

So I interpret this as….some runes/specs are horrible. Deal with it.

As a rogue, I guess we’ll be spamming Mutilate unless we wanna do mediocre damage.

2 Likes

April 16, 2024

Season of Discovery

• There are now Emerald Warden guard NPCs present near Nightmare Incursion questgivers and quartermasters.
  • The Atal’ai Mojo consumables are now Unique (2), allowing two to be carried and used.
  • There is now a 2.60 speed version of the off-hand weapon Serpent’s Striker, available from Zalgo the Explorer on Yojamba Isle in exchange for the 1.50 speed version of the item.
  • The drop rate of Nightmare Seeds in Sunken Temple has been increased by roughly 50%.
  • Sigil of Living Dreams no longer requires a Nightmare Seed.
  • Players should no longer occasionally gain no bonus blood when near Kha’damu and affected by Feast of Blood.
  • Players will now gain the Honorless Target effect whenever they enter or leave a Nightmare Incursion portal.
  • Rainbow Generator should now appear for troll, tauren, night elf, and all other races.
  • Grizzwerks Defense Industries has achieved record growth thanks to the efforts of adventurers across Azeroth, and Grizzby is now pleased to offer runes to heroes without requiring quests from them.
  • Druid
    • Starsurge no longer consumes Clearcasting procs from Omen of Clarity.
    • Skull Bash rune moved to the Hands slot (was the Leg slot).
    • Lacerate rune moved to the Leg slot (was Hands).
    • Lacerate threat increased substantially.
  • Hunter
    • Chimera Shot no longer refreshes Serpent Sting at 1 less damage per tick.
  • Mage
    • Impact can now be triggered by the damage from Molten Armor.
    • Deep Freeze will no longer deal damage to players who are temporarily Immune to stuns.
    • Deep Freeze can no longer be overwritten by an Impact stun, unless the new stun would be longer than the remaining duration on Deep Freeze.
      • Developers’ notes: Previously if you Deep Froze a target, and they were then hit with an Impact stun, you could accidentally overwrite a 5-second stun with a 2-second stun. Now you can’t overwrite it unless Deep Freeze is under 2 seconds.
  • Paladin
    • Light’s Grace rune moved to the Bracer slot (was Helm).
    • The mana return of Seal of Martyrdom has been increased significantly.
    • Eye for an Eye now works on damage-over-time crits.
  • Priest
    • Eye of the Void can no longer engage in melee combat.
    • Eye of the Void’s spells now all have a 35 yard range.
    • Surge of Light’s instant cast effect will no longer be consumed if Surge of Light was gained while casting Smite or Flash Heal.
    • Martyrdom now works to prevent pushback on Void Zone casts.
  • Rogue
    • Focused attacks now generates 3 additional energy (was 2).
  • Shaman
    • The Internal Cooldown for Overcharged has been increased to 3 seconds.
  • Warlock
    • Life tap now grants mana return to warlock pets.
    • Unstable Affliction’s damage has been increased by roughly 120%.
    • Warlocks with Metamorphosis active and the Master Demonologist talent will now gain increased threat generation when they summon an Imp or Felguard (was decreased threat generation).
  • Warrior
    • Victory Rush heal increased to 30% of the Warrior’s health (was 10%).
2 Likes

did blade of eternal darkness drop rate actually get buffed or not

My question is are we able to talk to him now if we jump down to the room in BRD?

Should have just left it as is at this point. This is just going to annoy the people (like me) who have passed on taking this item.

This does not help for the fact that I have almost 5k health un buffed and get literally deleted in open world and bgs from other faction casters. I cannot even be off healed enough with how much is nuked on me as a warrior. This is comical XD

1 Like

Nice, I actually might invest in a 3rd character now.

1 Like

Maybe you could increase the spawn rate of nightmare resonating bloom, add more nightmare resonating bloom, and put nightmare resonating bloom in all incursion zones?

Wouldn’t this be on par with giving away all the other things being farmed by the 1000s?

1 Like

Oh thank goodness the hunter scaling issue is fixed!

1 Like

Honestly surprised at how long it took to address this faction imbalance.
After a single raid night it’s ridiculously apparent how large the disparity was.

I’ve gone from spending the whole of SoD never able to cast Innervate on anyone other than myself whilst still running OOM, to finishing fights with 80-90%+ mana to spare.
And horde have had this for 2 phases already, and the first couple of lock outs this phase.

Absolutely crazy. The difference is an unmeasurable magnitude.
We knew Horde were performing better with Shaman being one of the best dps classes, and Shaman tank in P2 being able to play as a dps and beating most other dps classes, but to experience this as well…honestly I’m pretty shocked.

Now that this has been addressed (and I understand it will be getting nerfed in P4 and I agree that is for the best. Current situation is busted) can you look at the F tier dps classes like balance druid, arcane mage, and shadow priest?

It’s absurd how much worse these classes are allowed to be in PvE.

I missed the hot fix in the list about killing Hinterlands Incursions…

Megaservers suck balls

Why is my warlock’s Felguard still named, “Felguard”?

can you change his name to Bob or Alfred?

Hotfixes
April 23, 2023

Season of Discovery

• Players who have completed the quest “Warranty Claim” but have misplaced their Pristine G-7 C.O.R.E. Processor before handing in the quest “Salvaging the Salvagematic” may now speak with the Lost and Found vendor Rix Xizzix in Booty Bay to recover the misplaced quest item.
  • Fixed a Sunken Temple issue where the Atal’ai Defenders encounter would not reset properly.
  • Druid
    • The Natural Weapons talents now increases all damage done by druids in Season of Discovery, instead of just physical damage.
    • The Gale Winds rune now reduces the mana cost of Hurricane by 60%.
    • Swiftmend no longer consumes a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect on the target when used.
    • Developers’ notes: Please note that it does still require Rejuvenation or Regrowth to be on the target to be used.
  • Hunter
    • Rapid Killing now reduces the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 80% (was a reduction of 2 minutes).
    • Chimera Shot weapon damage percent increased to 135% (was 120%).
    • Explosive Shot base damage before attack power increased by 50%.
    • Sniper Training has an additional new effect: while Sniper Training is at 5 stacks, Aimed Shot is instant.
    • Serpent Spread now causes Multi-shot to apply Serpent Sting to its targets for 12 seconds (was 6 seconds).
    • Steady Shot now deals 100% weapon damage (was 75%).
    • Developers’ notes: There are more adjustments coming for Hunters. In general, we intend to improve the ranged playstyle and diminish the melee playstyle so that the two become more equivalent.
  • Paladin
    • Seal of Righteousness damage can now be critical hits.
    • Sacred Shield’s duration is extended to 60 seconds (was 30 seconds).
    • Crusader Strike has now gained an additional effect: Crusader strike now refreshes all judgement effects active on the target to a 30 second remaining duration.
    • Seal of Martyrdom can now “twist” with other seals, including Seal of Command.
    • Developers’ notes: Seal twisting was an interesting emergent effect that became popular during the original Burning Crusade, that utilized the slower server messaging system used in early versions of WoW to slightly extend the duration of the paladin’s active seal for a short time whenever a second seal was cast. This effectively allowed paladins to momentarily gain the benefit of two seals at once if they timed the application of a new seal to line up perfectly just before their weapon swing. We recreated this playstyle in Burning Crusade Classic and since then it’s been a popular request in other versions of original WoW, including Season of Discovery. As the game matures and we continue to listen to player feedback however, we recognize that for some, this is part of the charm and uniqueness of playing a paladin during those early eras of WoW’s history. We consider this change to be experimental and we will watch the performance and behavior of Retribution closely after this change.
  • Priest
    • Shadowform now increases all shadow damage done by 25% (was 15%).
  • Rogue
    • Saber Slash bleed now stacks up to 5 times.
    • Saber Slash bleed now also increases the impact damage done by Sinister Strike and Saber Slash by 15% per stack for the rogue who applied the bleed.
    • Saber Slash bleed now deals 3% of the rogue’s Attack Power in damage per tick (was 5%).
  • Shaman
    • Mental Dexterity now only triggers from dealing damage with Stormstrike and Lava Lash, and it now lasts 30 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Burn now increases Flame Shock Damage by 100% and flame shock DoT duration by 6 seconds, and causes Flame Shock to strike up to 5 targets (was 3 targets).
    • Developers’ notes: We’ve received a lot of feedback about the overall usability of mental dexterity, particularly for Elemental Shamans. This ability was not intended to be used by elemental, so the adjustments we’ve made are to help ensure its usage is a bit more enhancement-centric. To compensate, we’ve increased the output and usability of the Burn rune, with a slight quality-of-life improvement in the form of a Flame Shock duration increase which allows two Lava Burst casts to be used within a single Flame Shock duration.
2 Likes

Buff Boomkins again please! Another 10% will put us middle of the pack and we should be fine:)