Season of Discovery Class Tuning - January 11

This is exactly what I meant about, the “devs don’t play the game”. In no world does their fixes actually solve the problem… it just brushes it under the rug until it pops up again somewhere else.
If they really played the game, they would see this; it is quite obvious. Nope, they just take whatever the Forum Meta complaint is at the moment and slap some half-arsed band-aid on it.

1 Like

Priest are main heals for a reason, they’re priest. 2 different healing talent specs. No one should out heal priests. Yes penance is pretty op though.

Hey man, your nerf hotfix is out now.

It does though. With the 80% additional focus the pet can use 3 LB in about 4-5 seconds for its opening burst.

Removing the focus regen means that 3rd breath comes out at about 7-8 seconds. And while the first 2 LB would deal slightly more damage its also about 3-4 seconds more before the 3rd comes out. So it gives slightly more initial damage from the first 2 breaths, which the pet can use regardless of focus regen, but the 3rd breath has 3-4 more seconds before it comes out.

So the brust of that first 5 seconds is reduced greatly giving people more time to act to heal, CC the pet, etc. And the pet is easier to kill as it wont have 30% bonus hp either.

So yes the first 2 casts will deal a little more damage, but after that it falls off hard to where the 5 second window is seeing far less damage done by the pet.

Healers hardly “need help”, healing is 300-400% higher than DPS at 25

OP updated.

Today, we made the tuning adjustments at about 1:34 p.m. PST.

1 Like

So when will you fix the other dead hunter runes.

11 Likes

They won’t.

5 Likes

Absolute garbage.

1 Like

Time to run Lone Wolf/BM/Kill command for the most troll hunter spec possible and still kill back peddling idiots with a Wind Serpent who will come on here screaming “hunters are too strong” when the reality is they are just very bad.

5 Likes

Damn, you really got them with this post!

Not sure, although interesting to note, Enhance has a higher top end and bottom end than Ele despite being lower overall. Hard to tell if it’s a skill difference, scaling difference though at a glance.

Just remember though, as per the trend of this thread “hunters need compensation first”, but for everyone else you have to “wait until P5, you don’t even know what you’re going to get” :joy:

I’m pretty sure warcraftlogs differentiates between tank and dps Enhance.

Through the sea of alts and socketpuppets you can tell who mains Hunter or not by the responses. Busted!

Now I can unsubscribe! Way to ruin my priest runes!

1 Like

lol I don’t think anyone who plays hunter is trying to hide their disdain over the latest nerfs. Season of Discovering you didn’t roll warrior or rogue!

3 Likes

I have a 25 warrior, I was hoping the meta wouldnt be the same as the last 20 years.

3 Likes

Warriors forever and ever. 20 warriors, 6 feral druids, 2 mages, 1 warlock. The season of discovering it’s exactly the same as era with extra steps. I’ve officially abandoned my hunter. World of Warriorcraft: Season of Warrior.

Actually, warcraft logs can’t tell the difference and just guesses based on how many times you used a certain ability.

1 Like

They will both be nerfed as well come later phases. Expect a lot of nerfs to continue.

Where’s the Starsurge fix? You know it’s broken!

3 Likes