Season of Discovery Class Tuning Incoming - April 30

With scheduled weekly maintenance (tomorrow, April 30 in this region), we’ll make the following adjustments to classes in Season of Discovery:

Hunter

• Raptor Fury now increases the damage done of Raptor strike and Mongoose Bite by 10% per stack (was 15%).
  • The Beast Mastery rune now increases pet damage by 10% (was 20%).

Shaman

• The Burn rune now also grants a significant bonus to spell power when Flametongue Weapon is imbued on your weapon.
  • Rolling Thunder now has a 50% chance to trigger (was 30%).
  • Fixed a bug causing overload procs to not add a charge to Lightning Shield when the Shaman has the Rolling Thunder rune active.

Warlock

• Invocation now also applies to Unstable Affliction.
  • Invocation damage can now deal critical strikes if the Warlock also has the Pandemic rune active.
2 Likes

Wow thats barely anything. The devs clearly don’t care about class balance in sod. Yep i think im done with this gong show. Back to ff14

PVE and PVP balance is at an all-time low. My expectations were low but holy **** yet im still disappointed.

37 Likes

Another week of the dev team making changes based off reddit and twitter, not actual gameplay.

32 Likes

So invocation works how it should work. Great balancing change for warlock.

7 Likes

When does the PvP damage nerf revert?

I legit have not played all weekend as the change were way to drastic. Made it not enjoyable / forced certain classes to play one spec or not play at all.

4 Likes

That was sarcasm in case anyone missed it.

2 Likes

That’s it?

Good lord, waited all week for 7 changes.

11 Likes

In other news, we’re seeing yet another Shaman buff.

Who could have seen that coming? :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

As an Ele… THANKS BLIZZARD! Love the change to Burn. Ele’s needed some type of caster buff. =)

5 Likes

I understand the concern, but that buff was warranted given how wonky eles have been with mental dex and having to melee. They needed something.

kek these are warlock buffs?

3 Likes

Hmmm
Can’t tell if useful or not. Unstable affliction needs to be insta cast and non exclusive.

1 Like

No qualms with a needed change, was just hoping to have some shared love lol

3 Likes

Thats fair, and understood

1 Like

Thank god the pet class Shaman are getting some tuning. It had been almost a week, I was worried you had forgotten about them!

4 Likes

If you weren’t already raid logging on your paladin. This update will sure get you onboard. Allowing us to abuse a nitch pvp seal interaction I really wouldn’t consider a buff. Can we take the 50% damage reduction off of pvp now? thanks

1 Like

that azn game is still around?

1 Like

Classic devs try not to be out of touch challenge (impossible)

8 Likes

Pls give ret paladins threat reduction

2 Likes

Wait like the Wrist rune is an acceptable nerf ( boarder line) i think it was fine doesnt hurt pvp and TBH hunters dont scale. already starting to slid. The BM pet rune nerfed again is uncalled for especially with no Surv tree buffs like that’s insane. Blizzard you were the one that wanted to make the MEME melee spec an actual spec now you have people playing it and all you do is gut our runes every phase by the end of the phase the only dps class isnt even top 5. how is that fair ?

9 Likes