Season End Mythic Experience

I would write this off claiming coincidence but many other people have told me they are sharing the same experience as me.

This is the first time I have ever played during the end of a mythic season. And I’m wondering if it’s always like this?;

It seems as though every group I form is, for the lack of a better term, complete trash. It doesn’t matter how IO worthy I recruit i can’t time a single key! I started out with a 17 key and it’s all the way down to a 10.

I play this game a lot, and my experience has never been like this until this week. My theory is, is since everyone is pushing for KSM, you’ll have people tanking who aren’t normally tanks, or healers who don’t normally spec healer for the sake of finding a group quickly.

For things 15+, I recruit especially strict, high as possible IO, ilvl, correct covenants for the dungeon, correct legendaries. But as I start to go lower in the 14 range, I’m basically just looking for 1.1k+ io, decent ilvl and specific dungeon requirements met. I play this game all day everyday, I usually time most of my dungeons and increase my IO everyday. But ever since Tuesday I think I have time about 4 dungeons out of 12+.

Is this normal for you guys? Is there just an influx of players coming back in which is statistically increasing my chances of finding worse players despite IO and everything that goes into it? I know a pug is a pug, but it’s still never been like this for me.

/end vent

I welcome any discussion regarding this cause I’m about to temporarily quit for the week.

I had a terrible and extremely toxic experience today tanking a +12 Spires. 3 people died for no reason. Someone left, a guy kept insulting me and saying my route was terrible, even though it was the Dratnos route, then he started flaming me after.

3 Likes

What a coincidence! I just did 18 spires yesterday and I’m a little rusty on my hunter so I disengaged right off the edge. lol

Thankfully, an angel brought me back!

Essentially, I am a gnome and I want that to be my last dungeon of the season.

5 Likes

I think I figured it out…

Everyone is on their KSM grind right now. So that means, most of the good players are grouping, and not pugging which is what I finally decided to do. So, all of the pugs are filled with the most toxic and unskilled players. After I made this post, I had dinner, sucked it up and came back, but nope. 3 dungeons in a row de-level. Today, in my entirety, I timed 1 key out of about 6 runs. Worst day I’ve ever had. So, I’m just running all week with one of my guilds – which I love doing, but its also nice to freely pug with some decent outcome. If WoW was always like this I’d unsub in a heartbeart and play ff

2 Likes

Are you pugging as Alliance, by chance?

Just sounds so odd to deplete from 17 —> 10 unless the applicant pool is slim pickings… or you’re picking bad players (doesn’t sound like it based on your description).

I haven’t had any issues timing keys Horde side (and I pug like you), and I’m still getting decent applicants despite the content drought :man_shrugging:

Guild goons are grouping together to level alts and help a few leftover KSM people across the finish lines. A lot of 2k+ io people aren’t grabbing that last key on alts because low keys will drop better gear in 2 weeks. The pug population is not the same as it was a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Thats the most mind boggeling thing about it. Up until today where I’ve gone sub 10 at this point, I’ve recruited all pretty good standing IO players or mains with good IO. I honestly just think those regular daily handfuls of good players I’d get per day who will complete a group are grouping with their friends trying to get KSM for themselves or helping their friends. I’m just gonna roll and alt this week and play with my guild/friends when they can do keys cause theres no point wasting my own time like this.

Maybe I should check out horde! haha

Any more details?? What dungeon is giving you all this trouble? :laughing:

What is the actual cause of the failed runs? Butt-pulls? Low DPS? Pugs dying to avoidable mechanics?

Your vague post doesn’t really say what keeps causing the depletes… instead it’s just a generic complaint about bad players.

This is a pretty easy week affix-wise, so I’m over here scratching my head as to how someone can deplete 17 —> 10 in just 2 days, with these affixes :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Dude… all of it.

Okay, so I think i got Plague Fall at 13. Of course, the most notoriously toxic run for a pug right.

13, Specifically recruit for enough CC for the first slime. The hunter won’t move out of the way and dies before the slime is summoned. People leave. This accounts for the first de-evel.

• 12, tons of butt pulls. Someone amazingly pulls the mobs to left (where the hive is) in the beginning, we all wipe, healer leaves.

• 11, Another one, formed a decent party 1k+, was waiting for a CC to join, a 1700 io DH applies ilvl222, I think to myself… okay screw the CC we’ll just shred through the first boss and 2 star this dungeon… - wrong… wrrongg… of course we killed the first boss no problem and with great eaze. But the same DH, and the other DPS I had in the party, was not helping me kill the bomb during ickus (it was the 2nd bomb spawned). The boss was nearly dead, about 30%, when the bomb spawned I had my combust ready but I didnt want to use it because I figured I’ll save it since the fight is almost done. But, I ended up cleaving, using the boss to cast Scorch on for hot streak and pyroblasting the bomb, assuming someone was gonna also hop on the bomb, I’ll admit, I wasn’t fully paying attention because there were about 4 monsters infront of us with mechanics, I assumed (my mistake) that someone was helping me with the bomb, but no one was so we wiped, people left.

And then since then I’ve laxed out on the requirements recruiting 850-1100 io, and recruiting is going extremely slow because of the conditions I mentioned above (slim, slow pickins on pugging) and it’s just been a cascading snow ball of incompetence. During the 10, our tank mispulled during the mass-slime part before the first boss, we spawned prideful before we could even get to the boss, and we somehow wiped because it was in a pack of slime / misc mobs. That killed morale a bit, and then we head into the first boss with all loss of confidence (this tank was decent too, 1300+ io well geared prot pally), our hunter (again!) died instantly so we couldn’t do the CC on the mob, tank kited as best as he could, we all left. During the 9, I took who I thought was a good DPS from the previous 10 party, we waited about 25 minutes to complete our group, I was feeling pretty confident we were talking about doing KSM stuff with his friends aftewards so I thought to myself ya! finally feeling confident again… but he ended up being the weakest link of the 9 key, died many times, and then died at a crucial part during the last boss, RIPing the run basically. It was during this run I also wasted my lust during the last boss because our warrior tank was screaming at me to use it during mid-2nd phase. I casted it, then immediately regretting I gave in to toxicity like that and just waited for p3.

and yeah here I am… /end rant i guess.
It’s been a day. I also ran a bunch on my DH, same experiences, that key is down to a 9 I think.

There are a lot of rusty players coming back for next season as well. They’ve got the Io and gear, but they haven’t played in a bit. I expect they cobwebs will be shook off by Tuesday.

yes I thought of this as well! I wasnt sure if IO stayed like that… but it does! so thats nice to hear.

1 Like

You can also join an m+ twitch community. On horde side there is twitch.tv/krowtennetwork and on alliance side I run twitch.tv/miggidy_mack.

These aren’t carry streams, they are just groups forming on and off screen with the streamer as more of a club house organizer who keeps people engaged, motivated, and getting the training they might need in a non toxic environment.

2 Likes

oh yeah and thats something else I didnt mention in my previous post, the affixes: the keys before my plague fall, these tanks couldn’t manage sanguine. So yeah – you think the fixes are easy… but they are totally ruining my runs. Killing mobs 3-4 times over in SoA because the tank probably hasn’t played in over a month, or maybe they dont even tank at all and just wanted to join my 15 key for KSM so they selected tank. Who knows!

1 Like

Geez… Alliance-side M+ pugs sound rough, my condolensces :grimacing:

Funny you mention Plaguefall, it just so happens I got +16 Plaguefall in my weekly vault yesterday. I was bored so I ran it last night just to have something to do.

Was kind of a sloppy run tbh. Had 12 deaths due to some misplays in the second half, but we still timed it. And most importantly, no one left.

Honestly, Plaguefall is such a forgiving dungeon timer-wise. I’m kinda surprised you had so many leavers over 1 measly wipe :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Haha! I know I was saying the same things trying to bring up morale “Its all good guys theres so much time on PF” to no avail it seems

It’s interesting how there are distinct differences between player cultures of horde and alliance, this is something I would talk about a lot when I was into PVP.

It’s only rough for the low key brackets.

I have seen an influx of toxicness and bad players (and key sellers) this season. The last week or so have been worce

Like people dying on the first mob pulls (like at spires). Or the run will go well to a point then something will happen (mostly a death) and everyone will throw blame at eachother for no logical reason and ending up in someone not trying, trolling or leaving that kills the key

And skips… my God… skips have been failing even harder, mostly caz the tank fails at getting the correct %. Or like in a sang skip I did today where we skips past the mobs after the 3ed boss. All was going good till the healer died. Caz they had used there invis pot already they couldn’t get back to us. When they could we were stuck in combat caz of the dogs that keep spawning so they couldn’t use there pot caz “they were in combat”.

With 3 dugs left im soooooo tempted to pay for the last runs I need. Not caz I’m to low of an io/ilev to do them but so I get a good run without toxicness

I find that anything below a 19 is pretty puggable and easy, even carrying 1-2 people. 19 and higher have a bigger cutoff and the scaling ramps up a lot. 16s and below are pretty much free loot. 17 and 18 can get dicey if carrying too much, but overall the scaling isn’t insane yet.

Your IO is low and run history is almost non existent for an 8 month season. You are blaming a lot of other people for your runs, what’s something you can improve?

Complete clown fiesta.
I was messing with an alt on alliance that has 180 ilvl gear and more than a few times i was ahead of 215 -220 ilvl mages , etc, dudes sitting at 3.5k average while i was at 4k.

It’s crazy, and let’s not talk about the tanks ruining keys and healers that can’t heal through basic raidwide damage and prideful damage…