Screwed up TR vendors and you were probably affected

Update: Blizzard has selectively decided to only help spriests with this issue by refunding this class only, the explained logic is “Oh its definitively their BiS piece for shoulders”. Absurd.

I know this doesn’t affect all you but for some of us it is huge. We learned yesterday that anyone who purchased a leather/cloth shoulder token between July 23rd and July 25th were essentially missing one piece of gear from their Relinquished Azerite Spaulder loot pool. The 23rd was a huge day for token spending as it was the first day people reasonably had enough TR to buy a 445 piece.

When I spoke to a Blizzard rep on the phone he acknowledged the problem and explained the only way to get the dev team to act was to raise awareness on reddit/twitter and essentially create a community revolt. So here is my attempt at creating a community response, I am unsubbing and not resubbing unless they address this issue for anyone who wants a refund. We are already heavily limited in our gear targeting options and when they screw up the little we have we need to be made whole.

41 Likes

I promise, from the bottom of my heart, that I can undeniably state without a doubt that I was not affected.

13 Likes

Lol why is that, because you are the one class that the piece is absolute garbage for? I mean you probably benefited from it if anything.

Let me put it this way.

I pay so little attention to optimizing my gear that I didn’t hear about TR tokens until this very post.

19 Likes

re-enter the ticket, our spriest got his TR back in place for whatever token he rolled

1 Like

Odd, on the EU forums they made it sound like they would be trying to compensate people somehow:

1 Like

I’m confused. What happened?

3 Likes

They decided to only compensate Spriests because the specific piece was their bis, unfortunately this is also true or very close to being true for a few other classes which they have somehow deemed unworthy of refund. It’s actually insane to think they are literally making this decision based on damage… what if I just wanted a subpar trait I was targeting?

3 Likes

No I wasn’t affected and if I understand your argument correctly you are upset because one out of what 10 pieces wasn’t in the pool. You seriously think you were going to be lucky enough to get that piece you were missing.

I sure hope that piece was at least a BiS for you, if you are going to quit.

Me, meh this isn’t a huge deal and wouldn’t have been even if I had been in this situation.

I’m sorry, but what’s a TR token?

2 Likes

So they’re now making decisions like this based purely on what the cookie cutter build is??

3 Likes

I wasted my 50 000 Titan Residuum for a junk shoulders and today i read this topic https ://www.wowhead.com/news=294023/mantle-of-ceremonial-ascension-not-obtainable-from-random-titan-residuum-rolls .

2 Likes

Titan residuum.

1 Like

There are six pieces, there was two out of six that i wanted. Please keep in mind saving for 3 months of the last tier to get my chance of having the targeted trait reduced by 50% is bs and if you can’t see that then we just have different mentalities.

2 Likes

We have different mentalities. Firstly, I wouldn’t have wasted that much ‘work’ on a RNG game, secondly, if I had I probably wouldn’t have got what I wanted anyway so to assume I didn’t get what I wanted because it wasn’t in the pool would be silly and certainly not worth quitting over.

1 Like

How many people do you realistically think farms M+s enough to harvest fifty thousand residuum anyways?

I have run a grand total of one dungeon this entire expansion because the only reason I even bothered last expac was to get the +15 skin and now I don’t have to do that anymore. I hate dungeons.

If OP is correct though the devs are giving refunds to Priests, but not to anyone else and they made that decision based purely on the fact that it is the BiS for the cookie cutter SPriest build. This issue doesn’t affect me directly but I certainly find it alarming if they are making decisions this way.

2 Likes

Perhaps an analogy is in order for you, imagine there was a prize you wanted and the only way you could ever receive this prize is by buying a lottery ticket. So you decide to buy the ticket and don’t receive the desired prize. Fine thats no problem, you took a gamble. But you realize 2 days later that prize was actually never on offer. It’s false advertising and its a breach of trust/confidence.

6 Likes

I don’t particularly, if the missing piece wasn’t BiS for the class/spec, then people could just ask for a refund for every tiny upgrade they didn’t possibly get.

the wow community in a nutshell.

I don’t do it so lol at you.

11 Likes