Screen Flickering Classic WoW only

Okay, well it doesn’t seem to be the driver itself, at least not that I can tell.

Please ensure the options circled in red are selected as shown here:
https://imgur.com/a/Ajjidcm

You’ve probably already tried it and it was suggested above. But make sure v-sync is turned on in wow settings, or on your video card settings for wow. See if that helps.

1 Like

Download DDU and let i clean all the drivers out. Then reinstall fresh.

I haven’t had the problem recently, but i remember like 8 years ago I was still using an 8800GTS. I uninstalled the driver through windows, replaced it with my new AMD card and the performance was awful. Had severe frame pacing issues and other strange behavior. Ran DDU and cleared the drivers for amd/nivida and reinstalled the AMD driver and everything was perfect.

I’ve also had problems with nvidia cards and windows 10 with the automatic driver installation.

Here is what I did to get that particular PC working correctly on a fresh windows 10 1903 install

Download Nvidia driver for the card you have installed
Reboot into safe mode and run DDU(display driver uninstaller) windows will look funny and stretched/big, this is normal
Clear old drivers for Nvidia/amd with the program above
Before you reboot install the driver package you just downloaded
Reboot, check driver version, should be what you downloaded.

I have attempted all above and am still experiencing shutter/sharding all over my screen. i have attempted to uninstall and reinstall aswell. nothing seems to be fixing this

Ya idk why this hasn’t got the attention of blizz yet but it happens with sprint or if anyone in your group or raid uses sprint or sprint on pet or dash. It’s not a hardware problem for me either. I’ve submitted multiple bug reports, created multiple tickets. Also have my own post on the forums about this. I haven’t gotten a real response yet from a non automation.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. It happens sometimes when i cast arcane explosion but noticeably on my rogue when i use sprint. Did you find a fix? Someone please help me

it happens to me then i quit and restart my pc and that usually works.

Here is what I did which was quit faster than to update your driver.

1 - On the selection caracter screen, select “Menu” on the bottom left corner
2 - Then, click on “System”
3 - Choose “Advanced” (2nd option from top)
4 - Select “Graphic card” and choose the most powerfull one your comp is using.

I hope that help too.

Windows 7 compatability mode worked for me. Other stuff did not.