Scorched Feet, Visions

I will take scorched feet over leaden foot or whatever any day of the week

5 Likes

Get a weak aura for it then you know when the jump is coming. It’s easy as.

2 Likes

So much this.

There is a time period where you are on fire but it will not proc the jump. There is no clear indicator that the next time you move it will jump you. Unless that is what the red screen is saying and I just don’t have a red screen for some reason?

1 Like

After 3 seconds of burning, your next move is a 25yd jump. It’s super noticeable on a caster, but if you’re one of those melee who can’t stand still, it’ll seem random.

I would just like to have an indicator of this 3 second timer. Why would they not do that? To make it artificially harder?

Get a weak aura for it. They are on wago or would be easy enough to make too.

Agree completely this is a debuff that occurs far too frequently. It almost makes the event unplayable to the point of being unfair. I enjoy BFA but as a player that started in vanilla the stupid stuff in legion had me leave for 2 years. I’ve been enjoying my return to BFA but stuff like scorched feet as me thinking why did I return.

It’s so nice to see this post has gone on for months and i so much agree with the original poster. I wish Blizzard would start understanding that reason fewer and fewer players are playing these days is simply the items in the game are not fun. I stopped doing heroic visions mostly due to the burning feet mechanic. As much as I hate the mechanic, I hate even more the fact that it happens every 10 seconds or so - was that level of frequency really necessary???

1 Like

It only happens when you move. If people don’t tap strafe backwards and forwards it’s not that big of a deal most of the time.

I get that it’s supposed to make the encounter more challenging, but it’s really annoying when it happens out of combat and I’m walking toward a potion to pick it up, then I get Scorched Feet right as I’m nearing the potion and I get bounced away, then there’s fire under the potion. :rage:

Another option would be to lower the range at which this frustrating crap throws you.

I thought it sucked, until I realized it didn’t suck.

2 Likes

I think the frequency is too high, but you can specifically choose when to jump by sitting still and moving in the direction you want to move in when it is up after a few seconds of letting it activate. Free jump! Like others have mentioned here, I use it to get out of the bad stuff.

Running around the vision with it constantly activating is no good, cause I keep smacking into walls just from trying to re-adjust position through strafing. In combat I like it if I’m in an open area, closed areas suck.

1 Like

Not only is the frequency of this too high the Dk NPC’s freely cast death grip every 5 secs back to back with shaman NPC’s hex . Trying to run across a platform that screws you when you get bounced into the water , polymorphed and then death gripped every 15 secs because scorched feel feels like its on a 30 sec timer. Remove it and replace it with something that doesn’t force mobility issues.

The grip is from the shaman’s totem. Kill the shaman first to avoid that. With scorched feet, only run in the direction you want to go, and like others have mentioned save your movement for a free launch!

Oh… You mean being Scorched Feet punted into an area outside of the vision - while not being able to move because you have Leaden Foot, and ultimately dying because you’re being pummeled by N’Zoth’s Burning Vision because you can’t move back into the safe zone?

Yep… top-tier game design.

2 Likes

Yay scorched feet.
It really sucks when you got tossed and launch a frost orb across the area and pull all kinds of junk.
I think it would be less annoying if there was a bar or something to tell you it will go off in the next couple steps. Similar to the final boss in Troll Dagor.

Scorched Feet only happens in Corrupted areas while Leaden Foot only happens in Lost areas. You can’t get the two together.

When your character is on fire, you know it will happen in the next couple seconds.

3 Likes

I don’t think that worked out for him the way he was hoping it would lol.