Schism or Twist of Fate for 15+

I see many people running Twist of Fate but was wondering if Schism would be more viable, albeit more time consuming to use.

Thanks for any information

Well schism only works well on the dps aspect, not direct healing

twist does your dps AND your healing. So twist with pwr (with conduit) does some nice aoe healing before you either smend spam or go into your dps.

I think, though cant prove that schism with mind sear only works on the initial target, wheras twist will hit all of them. thats more gut instinct or heard once. Not 100% sure.

In keys especially with a blood dk tank you will have ample opportunity for twist to proc and can stay proc’d for a bit if people constantly drop down.

You’re correct, Schism doesn’t improve damage of Mind sear to AoE, only initial hit.

Twist of fate is generally a better choice because it just comes in handy way more often. If your group is ever in danger and in need of a lot of healing, a ToF proc Shadowmend is going to be way more useful than any damage you do post-schism will be.

Unfortunately most of priest’s damage options got shafted going into 9.0 Schism saw a nerf to its damage amp on top of that, so it just doesn’t have the power it had back in BfA/Legion. It’s still good in raids when your damage translates into healing for 20 people, but in 5 mans it’s just not good enough in comparison to ToF.

2 Likes

You would be shocked at how often Shadow Covenant and a ToF proc has saved runs for me.

running the new boon lego and kyrian in M+, which is only going to get stronger, the schism amp to a kyrian boon ramp allows disc to really pump but sometimes it can be a bit clunky in pugs.

I think my rule of thumb is ToF in pugs, and schism for premades / coms or just for certain weeks…