Schism Nerf

So schism only affects class abilities in 8.3. I don’t feel like this was really warranted for pvp. This is a massive nerf to disc in the wrong form imo. Blizz proving nobody is sailing the pvp ship.

you’re cooked out of your mind

i’m not saying as a standalone change this is good because obviously outside of 2’s disc is pretty lackluster compared to hpal/rdruid in most of their ideal comps

but this change in particular assuming there will be more in terms of adjustments is REALLY good
0 reason you should flame or voodoototem for 100k just because ‘disc has low rep xd’

3 Likes

I’m fine with disc having strong burst. This is going to affect Crucible as well too, which seems to be one of the only reasons disc is even performing well now. This lowers their viability as RMP and basically leaves them with Jungle. I’d much rather see a nerf to sustained damage from them than burst.

This is better anyways, schism was always intended to just be class abilities

Schism to buff broken PvE items was just cheesey, this doesn’t even hurt 3s just 2s lol which is fine

RMP isn’t getting any worse, schism is still fine anyways for offense but it’s always been horrible defensively which is why it’s taken in 2s way more than 3s

3 Likes

nerf disc more. Disgusting spec design. GIVE ME WOTLK DISC BACK.

1 Like

I’m fine with this tbh. Was really awkward seeing my undergeard disc friend getting insane numbers off of his mecha trinket and essences at the beginning of the patch.

I’m all for buffing disc. I love playing with it. But this definitely did need a change imo. I just wish they would compensate for it :confused:

Of all the specs to tune for PvP and they touch Disc. How do you tune Disc and leave things like Fire/Destro/Rogue untouched, at least buff specs they need it before you go nerfing others.

7 Likes

Well it’s pretty simple why, disc has high risk/reward which makes it OP and thus needs nerfs

Instead immortal specs with 0 risks and consistemt rewards for failure should be best hemce why those specs will keep getting better, especially when there was an unintended bug that these classes could lose to a disc while afk

10 Likes

schism in 2s was broken anyways so it’s a pretty good nerf actually.

now see all those disc/rog players cry xd

Guys, it’s not a nerf.

The ability is being fixed. Lol…

3 Likes

I think the best change they could have made toward disc to make them more viable is to decrease the mana cost of shadow mend and power word shield by 15% and make penance dmg and heal more effective. Schism seemed a bit broken in 2s, but I prefer to see 2 different playstyles (passive and offensive) revolved around disc like we had back in Legion.

Well ya their output is horrible in general, the actual ratio from damage to atonement healing is also extremely bad in PvP, they’re also very mana inefficient

Having to apply atonement with shields too also hurts because they cost so much mana, you’re giving up like 8% mana just to put up atonement on everyone at the start of the game rofl

at this point i dont think they can afford to make changes that might effect blizzcon otherwise pushing this competitive esport agenda would be a complete joke

this is probably the most they can really do without altering the meta

1 Like

8.3 will come out after Blizzcon I’m pretty sure so any change is fine

oh didn’t even see the 8.3 attached tag on mmo
im cooked

Plus, they did changes right before cups too, like 2 days before. I’ve always thought that was a bad idea as well. Not that it mattered since rmx dominated all year anyway.

1 Like

What’s funny is that disc has been like this for almost an entire year now and they have done absolutely nothing to ameliorate it. Same goes for other classes/specs too, and its just outrageous to even think that no considerations were made to classes that were on the low end of the spectrum.

pour one out for enhancement shaman

bfa s1 was gross but please hlp

Somebody once told me the world was going to roll me

All I want is focused will stacking higher, angelic feather suppressing slows, or spectral guise back. It’s miserable playing disc when the enemy win condition is just ape out on the healer all game.