Scanning and more scanning

after i load up the game its says there is an update. i click update. it scans… scan finished. it says update again, in an endless circle.

i have done all the things listed in the other posts with un/reinstalling the launcher and deleting the .idx files in the data folder…

help!!

Are you using any security programs? These can cause this behavior.

i turned all firewalls off and tried it again… and it never stopped scanning. when one scan ends another one starts.

it was working on Thursday, then just stopped… would that be a security thing ?

I’m having the same exact problem, also started on Thursday night, I was actually playing earlier in the day with 0 problems, went out for a few hours, came back to some kind of update and the perpetual scanning started. Another friend I play with had the same thing, he tried task manger killing b.net and his suddenly started working properly, I tried the same thing and just got more scanning.

im not saying i tried this as soon as i read it, cause i need my fix, but it didn’t work, thanks tho. hope you get yours working soon.

i do not have this problem so you may try this. close every thing blizzard related incl WowVoiceProxy.exe. and rename it in the install folder (world of warcraft > retail > Utils) and use WoW.exe to bypass the launcher. i only use the launcher IF theres an update to the game

Sometimes turning them off isn’t enough unless it’s just the default Windows one.

Yeah, there could have been a background update to your security software that is now blocking that connection.

uninstalled virus software and turned off windows defender… still wont work… what do i do next ? you know, besides getting computer herpes XD

Sounds like your game is corrupted and you may need to reinstall.

I have also tried to submit a support ticked with my DxDiag.txt and msinfo.txt file to see if i can get some help but when i click submit it does nothing… i have all the fields that are listed as required filled out but it does not work… i don’t know if you are in the tech support line up as an mvp and if you are not; how am i suppose to get some tech support?
i only have 100GB of data per month… i know, i know… but its fast and it works and its all i can get… A full reinstall for me is hard to do. reinstall needs to be my last option, know what i mean.

Edit: Someone suggested to me that you could try a new admin account on your computer (in the control panel) to see if it helps. Make sure that the Bnet app is installed on the C: drive first.

To clear the confusion: I’m not an employee. I also don’t know you why the ticket form isn’t working for you. Make sure nothing is marked with a red asterisk and there’s no missing info in any of the boxes.

Reinstalling is a basic troubleshooting step that is often recommended when you cannot fully repair or scan the game. As for the data cap, is this on a laptop? Could you use free WiFi somewhere?

thanks for all the help!
i did end up getting it going… but gave up with working out the problem got a friend to bring over a copy of the game ad re-installed.
take care

1 Like