Save your DKP casters

ZG coming out, no point to waste precious points on gear that you’ll replace with guaranteed crafted blues.

Save the points for the good stuff.

DKP is so easy to game.

Hoard that mooncloth… inc double prices.

2 Likes

I feel like ZG should be a place where you earn extra DKP and the loot isn’t charged for

1 Like

People still use DKP?

7 Likes

Yes. It’s a great system for allowing people to acquire the loot they actually value, and to take ownership of their own loot choices.

6 Likes

dkp system is the only way meme-specs who don’t want to contribute to raids can still get loot

so yeah, it’s the best one

7 Likes

Yeah horde that DKP with the decay system lol :joy:.

Why hating on DKP ? As long as you have class leads who check logs to make sure people are performing well .

-50 DKP for pulling whelps ! Also works for many other mechanic fails .

Loot Council is just a bunch of players who probably don’t even have a clue how to play the game properly who decide who should get fed all the loot. Sounds like another form of control.

2 Likes

I don’t do DKP, but it should be partitioned by raid dungeon. It makes no sense to have people intentionally stay undergeared so they can get better gear later.

1 Like

For progressing Loot council is best. Ive played on pservers fo 4 years before classic was released. Most of the time with the same guild. We know each other and we know if we don’t get a piece of gear that we want it’s not because someone wants to control all the loot, rather it makes more sense for them to have that item. And you will be up for the next time it drops or a different item. Now for PUGs and guilds who don’t really know each other, MS>OS works fine, and dkp has its own perks. They all have flaws and perks, it all depends on your guild and what works for you guys.

2 Likes

My moon cloth is not for sale.

I do not understand people who think transitioning points over to ZG is ok.

Same with split raiding, they should all be silo’d at best.

You have a group 1 dkp and a group 2 dkp. You have a zg dkp and a BWL dkp.

This is the biggest issue with any DKP like system. If you are provided an incentive to let loot rot, and factually harm your raid, your system is bad.

lol spending dkp in ZG.

The true sign of a corrupt DKP system.
“spend points on gear that’s worse than raid gear in most cases so the hoarders can get the best stuff in BWL?MC”

Decay corrects this, or at least makes it less of an issue. DKP hoarders are heavily penalized.

Dkp makes it impossible to recruit. New recruit has 0 competing vs 1000 dkp storage.

EPGP works really well with our guild. It’s basically loot council or round robin with gear.

1 Like

this is why I have had 3 tailors spaming that CD for over a month.

1 Like

Double? 6x prices are incoming. Inflation already started, some people put zg and tailoring bis together.

Not a fan of DKP… or LC for that matter. Suicide Kings anyone?

LC of course can be corrupt… and as for DKP… Well, lets say you have a class (locks) whose tier loot drops like candy and another class (mages) whose tier loot drops once a month.

Locks bid on tier items for cheap stockpiling DKP for non-tier gear in the process while mages are fighting amongst themselves having to spend loads of DKP just to get tier gear.

End result is geared locks with loads of DKP getting the juicy non-tier BWL gear over the mages.

Hypothetically speaking of course. Discuss.

3 Likes

Cept new recruits get all the gear that no one else needs. If a new person wants the BiS dagger that a raider has been saving 3 weeks for, he’s rightfully out of luck.

1 Like