Saurfang on Dazar'alor SPOILERS

I find it pretty messy frankly since it does come off pretty dumb but it is also undermined by fighting alongside Jaina to kill vengeful Sunreavers right after.

5 Likes

Iirc from MoP, the Alliance was more directly working with the Horde Rebels. I don’t remember the Horde ever accusing the Alliance of anything in MoP.

In the underhold scenario here it’s more that they accidentally run into each other and have the same goals anyways. So why fight at that point?

If they had planned it as a joint operation at that point I’d agree with you. But it’s not.

Similarly, it seems at this point the Alliance wants to stand back and let Sylvanas fall. Ofc the cynical me says the Alliance will actively help like in MoP.

The Horde and Alliance dialogue in Naz’jatar also works well too imo. Clearly Azshara has got to go above everything else.

1 Like

I was under the impression Jaina’s dailogue with Genn was convincing him to focus on Azshara and her forces as opposed to trying to fight both them and the horde. She also said the time would allow for the rebellion to take root, not any actual offer of help for the rebellion.

Well Treng, this is the worst way to put it on evidence. Sadfang sounds like an idiot and basically makes Shaw look good (and making that incompetent buffoon look good is bad enough, believe me).

Also, now that youé back I expect you to keep quiet regarding Lor´themar… no funny bussiness, please.

7 Likes

I’m not really back. I’m in Japan on business but my buddy told me about Thrall and I got excited.

1 Like

Be all the excited you want about Thall -if he´s back as Warchief and dies as expected I don´t care-… but refrain from mentioning Lor´themar, please.

Lor’themar joined the orcs like I predicted he would.

2 Likes

I see Genn has been rubbing off on Shaw a bit.

1 Like

He can join them all they want, but I expect he stays as racial leader of Belves only.

I agree. Not to mention that little thing about how he planned to capture Teldrassil. Notably a plan that required killing a Malfurion and/or Tyrande. Sylvanas was supposed to do it because Saurfang did not think he could himself. But taking out Malfurion and/Tyrande was considered critical to succeeding. While they are not technically a king/queen, they are certainly the rulers of their people. So, he was totally cool with it as a tactic.

Honestly I really think they could have doubled down on the unreliable narrative. They could have had him say something that was clearly wrong about some brutality during the raid that he had been told about. Something we know is not true, but something that he could have been told by an unreliable narrator. Think of how the story of what happened in the raid was a little distorted for the Horde. Imagine it being told a few more times. By the time Saurfang heard about it 4th or 5th person, it could have sounded really bad. Have Saurfang make some snark and Shaw be like, ‘What, that never happened.’ Could have been a little more interesting. And certainly a better option than making him sound like a clear hypocrite.

2 Likes

At least this

Saurfang did not make the plan to burn down Teldrassil. That was entirely Sylvanas. And there is no guarantee that he could’ve saved Rastakhan when the Alliance had Jaina, a walking deus ex machina.

What he said is fine.

People keep saying this, but this isn’t true. Killing didn’t become part of Saurfang’s plan until Sylvanas told him, in Darkshore, to kill Malfurion.

1 Like

Sylvanas was supposed to take him out. That was the original plan. Saurfang did not think they could take the city, let alone hold it, if he was still around. And he thought if Tyrande and Malfurion worked together there was little chance of winning. So, Sylvanas was supposed to deal with Malfurion while Saurfang lead the troops in traditional warfare. Technically, he was not going to kill Malfurion in the plan, but Malfurion’s death was very much a part of the plan.

6 Likes

Something everyone seems to forget.

We gave Rastakhan a chance. He spat in our faces.

His arrogance was his downfall.

He was portrayed as someone too arrogant for his own good during the entire leveling experience Horde-side as well.

5 Likes

“Hey Rastakhan we just sacked your city, killed your civilians, ransacked your treasury and spat in the faces of your loa. But hey give us your daughter or die lol”

“Screw off”

“SEE HIS ARROGANCE WAS HIS DOWNFALL”

22 Likes

Quoting Genn Greymane: King Rastakhan of Zandalar… On behalf of the Alliance, and in the name of King Anduin Wrynn, I hereby request your surrender.

On our side we never ask for his daughter, i was there you know? when he killed himself with the power of his loa? whoops, bet you didnt knew that, also he was betting we werent going to kill his people when he died, he was indeed arrogant, caught up in past glories instead of looking forward, i can understand a king not wanting his kingdom to fall on his reign but… he made the decision to sacrifice his bloodline for more power and his people so he could boast in front of us.

3 Likes

Point of clarification: He did not bond his bloodline to Bwonsamdi during the raid. That was done prior to the Alliance coming in. It was after Rezan was killed and while the Zandalari were fighting the Blood trolls. He did it to save his people. And it did help at the time. That bond was desperation, not pride. He just called on the deal during the raid.

2 Likes

You are right, the deal was as seen on the cinematic.

It doesn’t really make sense or comparable. Heck we did the zandalari a favor in a certain point of view.

1 Like