Saurfang on Dazar'alor SPOILERS

To be fair, Gazlowe is the leader of Goblins that the Horde deserved. He helped build Orgrimmar, twice. He’s not just driven by greed, but also by common sense and a business acumen based in seeing an opportunity and knowing how far to push it, rather than just milking it for everything it’s worth and tossing it aside.

Granted I’ll always vote for Her Tallness, Boss Mida.

9 Likes

Then make him part of the Horde BEFORE treating him like an active member. This is the same thing as with Voss and Garona. It is like the writers grabbed the names to put in without actually knowing the lore of the characters they were including.

It hardly fills me with confidence that the writers are going to treat the Horde narrative right when they aren’t even getting significant details about characters they are putting in the Horde story right.

20 Likes

Yuk that dialogue for Sadfang!! I say, “too little, too late”… it not only makes him the biggest hypocrite ever, it makes him look like a moron by proxy of saying that in the first place (just to make HuMaN pOtEnTiAl Shaw look good to add insult to injury).

Sadfang wasn´t even there for the Rastakhan bit, I rather the devs leave that precious remark for someone worthy of saying it, like Rokhan.

9 Likes

He never planned to burn Teldrassil.

What I think is weird is how he’d hold it against the Alliance to defend themselves from Sylvanas’ tactics by attacking her Zandalari allies, who were enabling her. The Alliance is absolutely in a fight for their lives right now.

Can’t be mad at the Alliance for wanting to avoid certain death for every man, woman, and child.

8 Likes

Every time they have a chance to do Saurfang right, they make him appear even worse!

I can’t stop laughing, this has to be intentional at this point. Whose team does he think he’s on? His hands are stained red with the blood of the Night Elven people, where does he get off thinking he’ll call the Alliance out on it’s actions?

4 Likes

What this says to me is that the horde NEEDS to lose. They’ve become so spoiled by the alliance’s mercy that they don’t even recognize it as mercy. The alliance needs to hit them hard at this point so they can remember why that mercy is preferable.

1 Like

Odds are this is like a poster above mentioned: A victim of the unreliable narrator stuff they did in the raid.

I forgot about it cause I didn’t think it was a worthy gambit for them to do, but if he is getting his info from the flawed narration the horde got that explains it somewhat. That said the fact people had to be reminded that some characters are operating under false information is a problem in itself.

That’s weeeeeeak.

Bwonsamdi isn’t a malicious guy like the lich king or current Sylvanas, he only wants troll souls and take then to their afterlife to rest. Yeah he is a trickster but most of the gods in many folklore has miischevious behave as traits.

Rastakhan death has only 1 purpose, to give some reasonable hate to the alliance and remind us they hate trolls, which is you look at the lore, most of the tribes were expelled from their lands by human/elves.

1 Like

The player’s primary interaction with Bwomsamdi is that Bwommy binds you into a contract to enslave one million souls into his eternal service.

3 Likes

Are we sure those lines aren’t intended for Rokhan? I really can’t see how or why Saurfang would be commenting on King Rastakhan’s death. He doesn’t have any relations with the Zandalari - what does he care if the Alliance killed their king? For all we know, Saurfang still remembers them as they were in Cata and MoP.

Just comes across as feigned outrage more than anything. Also, Saurfang owes his freedom to Shaw. We all know that it was Shaw who assisted in getting Saurfang to Swamp of Sorrows and contacting Thrall, so Saurfang chiding Shaw is even stupider in that light. (And that’s what’s always going to undermine Saurfang going forward - he’s now only where he is because the Alliance wanted him there).

1 Like

Only if you want to drive away Horde players or are intending to start paying their sub fees because I don’t think a lot of Horde players are willing to swallow a story where they are forced into the role of victims and then browbeaten and humiliated by the Alliance. Our faction doesn’t exist to play second fiddle to the Alliance.

People should at least make an attempt to consider the perspective of both sides players and how the experience will be for them before talking about what NEEDS to happen. The other side are paying customers too and deserve just as much a decent, enjoyable and satisfying narrative as your side.

That might not be so nightmarish, particularly since he didnt hand out a specific timeframe. Most of what we have seen suggests that Bwonsamdi looks after the souls of those he claims and protects them and his Other Side isn’t so bad. People don’t want to die but there is a reason Trolls maintain a relation with Bwonsamdi. Souls that end up just wondering the Shadowlands don’t exactly sound like they have it particularly great.

15 Likes

It is. Your expectations are too high for this expansion.

Saurfang was never shown as an Alliance proxy, that was just the typical fandom over reaction.

This line is bizarre coming from him, and if the reasoning for it is mollifying the fandom it’s even more silly. There were far better ways to make it even more explicitly clear that Anduin and Shaw just left the door open.

He could have directly said to Shaw that they never agreed to work together.

I’m just glad that it’s hardcanon that Saurfang isn’t working for the Alliance.

4 Likes

He may not have signed a contract with them, but he’s definitely doing things in their interest at this point.

Dialogue elsewhere has Jaina convincing Genn that helping Saurfang will let his rebellion take root, and make removing Sylvanas easier. She also believes the Horde needs further punishment for Teldrassil.

There really isn’t anything Saurfang can say to Shaw at this point that doesn’t make him look stupid for saying it.

2 Likes

Correlation does not imply causation. He’s also definitely doing things in the Horde’s interest.

5 Likes

There is a little bit I find interesting here.

Saurfang: Or a sovereign king. Slain in his own home.

I read this, thought about it and shook my head. Cause all I could think about was the First War, and think back to King Llane Wrynn, who was stabbed in the back and murdered by Garona, while his city was besieged by Horde, the same Horde that Suarfang happened to be a part of.

I may not have found a purpose in killing the Troll King (though his people were trying to conquer the world, Horde and Alliance included up until BfA) but the ability for these writers to conveniently forget things when writing a witty line is astounding.

I’m sure Blizz added this in to show the Horde isn’t working for/with the Alliance. Which I find fine, it’s a good enough retort from the Horde perspective. It does its job.

and yet in both scenarios you will help saurfang/jaina anyway. isn’t that the definition of working together?

2 Likes