Saurfang on Dazar'alor SPOILERS

Saurfang: I did not expect the Alliance to be here.
Shaw: Not the first time we’ve had to move against a corrupt warchief.
Saurfang: Or a sovereign king. Slain in his own home.
Thrall: Focus on the task at hand. Baine’s time grows short.
Shaw: A home that still stands. Can you say the same for Teldrassil?
Jaina: That is enough! We are not here to fight each other.

Is he REALLY serious ? Like IS HE ?!

The guy left the Horde, and now he complains because the Alliance takes revenge on Teldrassil, a plan HE MADE, and maybe, just MAYBEEE if he didnt left the Horde, he could have prevented Rasthakan death.

“How ?”
He is a military mastermind, maybe he could haven foreseen the scam, still thats only a wild guess but ughh…

57 Likes

Y’know what… Shaw’s alright for a humbo. Good on him.

37 Likes

I’ll give him a pass because killing poor ol’ Rasty did me a sad.

13 Likes

Better than Jaina’s lowball effort of “hug it out and get along.” At least Shaw has our backs.

6 Likes

Nah, I’ll give Saurfang the thumbs up for this. They’ve basically outright had him declare that he had no intention of dragging the Alliance into this and lays a snark on the blue team while he’s there.

It’s kinda clumsy and brute force but at least they’re putting in work to make him more palatable for those of us with criticisms of his conduct.

23 Likes

I miss Daughter of the Seas Jaina. Or Tides of War post-Theramore Jaina. Or “Dismantle the Horde” Jaina.

Can we get any one of those characters back? Please? Or at least instill Shaw or Genn as the new High King?

9 Likes

I think that is exactly why they did it. I suspect that they got some feedback from their Lost Honor and following quest that Saurfang came off a little too much of an Alliance proxy and this is their, admittedly rather heavy handed, attempt to counter that.

I suppose I should at least credit the attempt but it doesn’t help much, particularly with the sunreaver thing that follows.

39 Likes

Humbo.
https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/i_like_that_parks_and_rec.gif

I’m hoping that the Sunreaver scene gets some acceptability love like Darkshore did for the Nelves/Forsaken identity issues.

5 Likes

I’m not sure what Jaina’s stressing over. While the only two Horde respresentatives on Argus hid in the basement with their opposable digits lodged firmly up their backsides, a Human, a High Elf, a former Night Elf, and an assortment of Draenei orchestrated the death of a baby god, and the end of the Legion.

The Alliance can handle a bit of overgrown calamari. All on its lonesome.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s weak, but better than nothing.

While I personally liked Shaw’s retort, I cringe at the seeds this plants.

5 Likes

Why? Shaw’s point is that Teldrassil was significantly worse than what happened to Dazar’alor, and he’s right. It is. The Burning of Teldrassil is the most significant atrocity in modern Warcraft by a massive margin.

36 Likes

Debatable. A forsaken lost his garden and tbh that has endured for me as a meaningful loss for a lot longer than Teldrassil did. In BoD, Rastakhan the king of the Zandalari died. In the burning, it was only elves.

11 Likes

The more I think about Saurfang’s attempted snark over Rastakhan, the less sense it makes.

He was captured during the Siege of Lordaeron. Well before the Horde PC’s asventures in Wakandalar. He’s never set foot in Zandalar in his life. He’s had no chance to form any kind of attachment to Rastakhan. And minimal chance to form any with Talanji, assuming they even had the chance to chat in prison.

14 Likes

It honestly does come off as snark for the sake of snark. As others have said, the Horde players need SOMETHING from him at this point to redeem him even slightly. Unfortunately Saurfang really doesn’t have much material. Out of what little material the Horde has in general, Saurfang doesn’t really work for any of it. He’d be better off trying to bring up something further in the past.

Taurajo has been beaten to death with a stick. Maybe he should’ve made a comment about Jaina trying to flood Orgrimmar or something? Doesn’t quite have the same impact with the set-up from Shaw.

6 Likes

Lmao

Wasn’t Saurfang supposed to kill Malfurion or Tyrande in their own homes?

That was the original plan, take out a NE leader. Of course, Saurfang ended up choking in the end…but not because he didn’t want to kill Malfurion per se, but because stabbing him in the back with an axe wasn’t “honorable”.

Also funny, Saurfang surely didn’t ask Malfurion to surrender before tossing that axe at him. The Alliance did ask Rastakhan to surrender.

28 Likes

To be fair, I feel for Shaw in that exchange. So many potential responses! Personally I’d have been amused if he said, “Yeah, the Horde knows nothing about killing Sovereign Kings in their own city. By the way, how is Garona doing these days?”

7 Likes

It just strikes me as odd to snark over the death of someone you never met, who ruled over a land you’ve never been to.

It’s like Fareeya randomly butting into a conversation to give the Horde snark over killing Llane.

20 Likes

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh…

Let us have this.

Please, Saurfang, speak faction sass to me.

15 Likes