Sapphiron role in the Necrolord Campaign

As some may remember Sapphiron was one the data-mined names from Azeroth appearing in Shadowlands. And according to wowpedia, it seems his role is once again serving as Kel’Thuzad’s dragon.

Kel’thuzad summons Sapphiron when confronted by the Necrolord aligned Maw Walker and the dragon is killed, while Kel’thuzad escapes.

1 Like

Sadly Sapphiron is sporting the decayed dragon model instead of his traditional model. Would it truly have killed them to have given him the new Nightbane model colored in the classic frostwyrm colors?

7 Likes

Has Sapphiron gotten any sort of lore other than “once a blue dragon, now Kel’thuzad’s pet”? The Wowpedia entry is pretty much exclusively mechanics.

2 Likes

No, that basically sums it up.

2 Likes

My guess would be that Kel’Thuzad just made a new dragon and named it after his old one.

The real question is where is the next zombie Mr. Bigglesworth. That is the content we really desire, Blizzard.

1 Like

There’s a zombie cat near Kel’thuzzad during the Covenant chapter, can’t remember if it was named Mr. Bigglesworth but if he dragged Sapphiron from whatever afterlife he was in, stands to reason he would’ve grabbed his cat from Revendreth

(all cats go to Revendreth according to battle pet flavor text, also horses go to Revendreth if their owners do, so the Furlbrows are in Revendreth since Blanchy is there)

Why is Sapphiron in Mardraxxus in the first place? Did Kelthu’sad summon him? Or was he really destined to be there? I would think Sapphiron might have gone to a better afterlife.

Yes

10 char

Because dragons aren’t allowed to have one good thing happen to them without a bad thing. (they can have bad things happen to them without a good thing though)

1 Like

What about Galakrond?

Uh oh… I can smell a new Invincible farm coming…

2 Likes

oh no…

9.3 intro is going to be Arthas being “rescued” from the Jailer and then sent to Revendreth to undo what Zovaal did to him and thus Invincible is dragged to Revendreth too

1 Like

A lotta protodrakes were turned into gastrointestinal zombies, so I’d say that’s even for a few drakes getting superpowers.

I thought that Galakrond was the progenitor of all dragonkind.

Thats the big 'ol lie the aspects told dragonkind so that no one would attempt his BS ever again.

Basically:
Galakrond began cannibalizing his own kind and grew huge and insatiable. He became a life ending threat, so much so that Tyr lost his hand in the battle with him. The Aspects, before their blessing as newly sentient protodrakes, put him down. I would really recommend the story if you think a mountain sized rotting dragon who throws up zombie drakes from his gullet is a cool concept. I find the Kalec and Jaina portions to be tedious though.

Didn’t know about the regurgitation dragon Attack on Titan thing.

Gross.

I thought it was the sire of all dragons like the plot of Reign of Fire.

I own two cats. I believe this 100% Their vanity and personas would never allow them to leave that place.

4 Likes