San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

The OP was only about sethrak for Alliance, despite the fact a very large portion of the sethrak fanbase wants them for Horde and despite that the Devoted are set to go Horde. Leaving out the Horde side of things left out the majority of sethrak lore and some of us felt it caused people who wanted them on Horde to not show their support.

The idea is to make the new thread less biased and open towards both factions.

Also the OP has some design flaws I think, and I’ll be working with Nadezhdha to fix those and improve it.

5 Likes

Ah alright, good luck! I’m neutral on it, hope it doesn’t spark too much of an issue! When it’s updated I’ll fix my post up there in index

4 Likes

This has been my dream since launch night, neutral or Horde only I don’t care as long as I get sethrak playable on Horde.

11 Likes

Wunderschön used Spacial Rift!

3 Likes

I’m quite excited to see the results.

5 Likes

Welp, I finally made it. It is a work in progress however, so please keep that in mind:

10 Likes

Somand here. So, Trust Level 3…

7 Likes

Look at this lovely piece of art work! Not my character of course, but people often share art in the Coven’s discord. Source is here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ZGRZYZ

Hoping to find more to share sometime soon. It’s that time of year!

13 Likes

Very nice piece. I like the goblet of blood or what I assume is blood. The flames are a nice touch also.

On a separate note, Blood-Queen Fallynn I made a backup plan if our deal falls thru. If your Queenliness can’t grant me Invincible I am working on using the Stonemaul Ogres Altar of Storms for some luck. If that fails I am not sure who I’d go to after that tbh. Any genies in game I can talk to? I won’t even bother with any Jinn since they don’t offer wishes.

5 Likes

Visit the fortune teller on Darkmoon Isle?

5 Likes

For got about that. Thanks.

5 Likes

Be blessed by this post. I hope you get your drop. :slight_smile:

Oh, and blessed by Lana’thel with a guitar too. Cannot forget that.

14 Likes

Lol, wtf? I wish she was sporting that when I fought her. Only six tries left so I hope it works otherwise I’ll be 0/23 this go round. Thanks for the blessing.

My your nights be filled with blood and wicked dreams. Oh, wait, that is the daytime. At night you are the quintessential Blood-Queen. :bat: :bowing_man:

4 Likes

I do hope they do look at the feedback and consider adding a lot of the races people have been asking for. I’d think to an extent, they look at feedback and consider it for the future.

On another note, I found something really cool regarding a company supporting fan feedback in a way. Recently, there was a Mortal Kombat 11 DLC announcement with a few new playable characters. One of them is Mileena, a character people really wanted to return and there were fan movements to show support for her, both on the toxic side but also some very positive fans. The latter of which got addressed by the voice actress of Mileena in character, with some very short personalized voice recordings for a few of those specific fans who were apparently known in the fan support:

I thought it was a really cool thing to see Netherrealm Studios, the company that owns Mortal Kombat, do something like that for the fanbase. I wouldn’t expect Blizzard to do anything like that, and I don’t particularly need any recognition for my support (just playable Ogres, Saurok, and San’layn on the Horde of course), but it was a cool thing I wanted to share.

Although I’m not a huge fan of the gratuitous blood and gore that Mortal Kombat prides itself on, its storylines in the single player modes are actually really interesting and aren’t focused on or filled with the whole blood and gore motiff the multiplayer stuff has. I’m also happy to see Rain playable, who was one of my most wanted characters. Just need Reptile to go with Rain and Sub-Zero, who are my favorite characters.

Anyway, just a cool thing I wanted to share. :bat:

6 Likes

Not a San’layn but rather vampire-like because she drinks demon’s blood.

This is my felblood elf, Vix’yl. Admittedly I wish we got these folks aside from Blood Elves, or at least had customization for them. They are soooo cool. (Yes I’m aware they’re supposed to have raven’s wings, this character drinks a lot of felbats.)

10 Likes

I’m sad we didn’t get fel orcs and felblood elves. There’s fel orcs that are a part of the Horde in Blasted Lands and IIRC some felblood elves rejoined Quel’thalas in BC.

Also, props for being destro, that’s the best spec because it’s what I’ve always played

4 Likes

I love Destro. Fav Warlock spec.

3 Likes

Seeing all of the meta switchers this patch is a bit upsetting to me because a lot of them talk about how fun the spec is and how satisfying it is, when to me it feels really boring compared to what it used to be. I started in 5.3, and started warlock same patch, playing the spec now and comparing it to older versions makes me feel like I’m having my soul sucked out. Still one of my favorite specs because of the memories I have with it.

And while I love modern demo, it doesn’t compare to pre-DH for me.

3 Likes

Out of all the warlock specs, destro is indeed my favorite. I wish I could get into Demo more, because I just love the concept, but I suck at it. That doesn’t mean I don’t suck at destro, though. I could never get into casters, it’s a playstyle that I severely lack skill on. Melee DPS (frost) and tanking (Blood) is what I’m used to now and enjoy, along with hunter (BEAST MASTER ONLY) of course. But yeah I had fun with the fire and staff there for sure. In character she’s technically demonology, but I worked my butt off to get “of the Black Harvest” so her having a bit more power is entirely fair, I say!

I wonder if felblood elves could even become San’layn. Much like I wonder if Void Elves can become San’layn. That’s how I think a neutral race would work (AS LONG AS HORDE GOT SAN’LAYN!), is if high elves or void elves could be turned (high elves really wouldn’t have conflicting magic at all so, and I doubt void elves would considering Void Elf Death Knights).

I feel like the vampyr curse works similar to a mixture of the Death Knight state and the Forsaken curse in that it can afflict a huge amount with exception of things like worgen (in the case of forsaken, not DK).

4 Likes

Warlock is for emo kids who probably work at Hot Topic, so don’t sweat if you can’t get into them too much.

More seriously, I too have a hard to getting into the other two caster classes and I’ve always preferred enhance to ele on shammies. Mages and priests are too squishy for me, my head was exploding leveling both of mine through BfA to the point I gave myself a headache lol

Oh that’s really coo-

:neutral_face:
You see if you actually tried the other two specs that’s fine, but way, way too many people only try BM or only try one of the others for like 3 seconds before saying they don’t like hunter or only like BM.

I am super jelly, I would have tried but I was so young my reaction time had like a 3-4 delay and I had a tiny mental capacity so I never would have gotten it.

3 Likes