San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

I also lost mine recently.

Never been in the beta so there has to be more too this.

1 Like

Very strange.

Wonder if it was an error in the end?

Awful lot of folk losing it all at the same time who haven’t been inactive by my count. o-O

1 Like

Imgur
(PRINCE HARMING, San’layn - by sadismancer)

6 Likes

Yes gimme the vampires. It is long overdue and the teasting in Shadowlands and Bfa kills me.

1 Like

So my b-day is coming up in the near future and because I honestly don’t have any special plans for it, I thought I’d go ahead and make a post celebrating it here and in a few race request megathreads I frequent.

And even bats get to celebrate their birthdays IRL:

If we ever officially get playable Horde San’layn in some fashion, I’ll be sure to celebrate my San’layn characters’ birthdays each year along with others and their San’layn characters’ birthdays as well. :birthday::man_vampire:

And of course I’m sure you can guess what will be my yearly birthday wish as usual! :lizard: :japanese_ogre: :bat: :tiger2: :polar_bear:

–Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :birthday: :bat:

3 Likes

Daww, look at that cute Sky-Puppy.

4 Likes

Happy Easter everyone! :rabbit:

Even bats get to enjoy the holiday:

Hopefully San’layn will get to enjoy the holiday someday! :egg::man_vampire:

Whatever plans y’all have today, please have a fun, happy, and safe Easter! :rabbit:

–Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

I’m looking for a bloody good time, but San’layn aren’t on the Horde side of that character creation screen! Since it is a new month, it’s a great time to sink our fangs into the process of in-game feedback suggestions!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

It’s driving me batty to see San’layn get ignored so much, so lets hope we’ll see them get some love soon! :man_vampire:

4 Likes

Time to literally scream at Blizzard what I’m looking for in WoW…

4 Likes

came back to bump for the cause.

5 Likes

I came across a neat San’layn art piece on DeviantArt of a San’layn that kinda looks like a Blood Death Knight, though I am not 100% certain. It was created by Vermintales and was uploaded to the website on Oct. 2nd, 2023.

“Dar’kinor Bloodcroft” by Vermintales on DeviantArt

I’ve been trying to find art pieces and such showing off San’layn as different classes. It’s something I think helps a lot when it comes to customization and imagining San’layn as various classes.

I’ll be continuing to hunt for more San’layn and general vampire related art pieces to share for playable Horde San’layn idea inspiration. Still hoping for the best for them in the future! :man_vampire:

3 Likes

+1 for playable San’Layn

3 Likes

Thank you for all of this. Was a pleasure to read. Maybe we will get San’Layn playable in the Midnight expansion.

3 Likes

I wonder if Midnight might do playable San’layn?

4 Likes

I think if san lynn become playable, they will need a new running animation. They already have unique idle and talking animations.

The guys do anyway, work on the chickas.

It’s an interesting thought and definitely possible since there is the theme of “uniting the Elf tribes” for that expansion. I don’t see why San’layn should be excluded from that at all.

Of course, I’m not wanting to count my chickens before they hatch. Especially when I see neutral Earthen being made playable over Wildhammer Dwarves, who are relegated to Customization Race purgatory, and something else for the Horde like Forest Trolls. So who knows if there would be some random group of Elves somewhere that comes out of nowhere and would become a neutral playable race instead?

If San’layn were to become playable and as a full race, I’m not sure how all it would be done realistically, such as whether they would be a neutral race or be Horde only while Alliance gets something else. I am of the opinion that San’layn should be a Horde only race, but given we have Darkfallen on both factions and that I can see Blizzard leaning more towards neutral races to save on resources. Frankly, I’d be happy to just have Horde San’layn as a full race, even if San’layn were neutral.

It’s also possible that we could see more types of Elves become Customization Races in addition to a new full playable race as well. Granted, most of y’all know my opinions on how Customization Races have been treated, so I’m not especially keen on that idea. It could be a part of the whole “uniting the Elf tribes” theme, but line could mean a lot of things.

It’ll be awhile before we get any announcements regarding what Midnight is. Maybe we’ll get info at Blizzcon this year, but with TWW launching late summer/early fall potentially, I don’t know how much info we would get. Especially given that it could be taken the wrong way to see an expansion launch, only to see the next expansion almost immediately announced and opened for preorders.

Guess we’ll see when we get there. I’ll be helping to report info on what Midnight is when it gets officially announced, but I do strongly suggest tempering expectations. Still hoping for the best as always, of course. :crossed_fingers::man_vampire:

5 Likes

So there has been a lot of TWW news, including storylines and such. One such storyline has Dalaran as an important part of it. Don’t worry, I’ll leave the spoiler tag below and then talk without spoilers on San’layn stuff below it.

Click here for TWW spoilers

Dalaran falls down and goes BOOM! From the sound of it, there are some survivors, including our player characters, that we have to fish out of the rubble.

Ok, with spoilers out of the way, you may recall that Dalaran has the Violet Hold, which houses many prisoners, including Blood-Princess Thal’ena:

Not sure if she would still be a princess or if she would be queen if Lana’thel is dead…well, dead dead as opposed to being undead dead.

Anyway, without spoiling the above text, there is an opportunity for the prisoners in the Violet Hold to all escape. And assuming that Thal’ena is still…alive? Whats the term here for undead? Well, if she still around, which is possible since wouldn’t you know it, San’layn are pretty darn hard to kill, this could mean that she could have escaped the Violet Hold in the above events.

And assuming that did happen, the question is what would the Blood-Princess/Queen then do? Well, ok, ASIDE from having the biggest bloody good time of a celebration party I mean.

I mention this because of Midnight coming and if we’re uniting the elf tribes and San’layn sure seem like a tribe of elves to me, maybe something could come of this. Moreso if Thal’ena and other San’layn gain control over the blood curse, which with the Lich King dead, should be a thing.

Seems like a pretty neat opportunity to bring in the San’layn again where we help them and have the Horde see the true meaning of Winter Veil and get them on the Horde side of that character creation screen! With a possible Thal’ena as leader!

…ok, some of this is wishful thinking, but it’s something I wanted to bring up as I was doing the Assault on Violet Hold dungeon as my engineering character for an engineering quest and wouldn’t you know it? First boss I face is Thal’ena and that is what got me to realize this thought. And thus I kicked butt ASAP to get to posting!

Anyway, this is an interesting thought that could hopefully lead to something with San’layn playable in some fashion. I’ll think on this scenario and see if I can go into more detail.

…of course, much as I’d love for this to happen, it might not be what Blizzard has planned, and this does assume that Blizzard remembers Thal’ena to begin with. But dagnabbit, I’m sure going to try and show my support for playable Horde San’layn opportunities best as I can! :man_vampire:

5 Likes

I would make one, and make them both look and name them after Jin Kariya and constantly go on about plans.

3 Likes

This seems like the time for Blizzard to do this sort of thing.

With the introduction of a Death Knight San’Layn Hero Talent thingy, it’d be a great tie in. Death Knight San’Layn do have an ability which gives them “Essence of the Blood Queen”, which could be a reference Thal’ena… or it’s just another Blizzard reference to Lilith, which would be really stupid.

Either way, this would be a great opportunity for Blizzard to introduce a great allied race. The issue is that they seem to be associated with both factions via Death Knights, but only really fit in with the Horde.

1 Like

On the subject of Blood-Princess Thal’ena, we don’t really know a lot about her, do we?

Seems like she was just created as a boss for us to beat up in the Violet Hold dungeon in Legion and unfortunately has about as much depth as a kiddie pool in the Fall. So I figured I would talk some about her, seeing as there is a chance to write her escaping Dalaran’s prison and becoming the leader of a playable faction of Horde San’layn.

There is some backstory to her to work with, given she is the daughter of Blood-Queen Lana’thel. Seeing as the queen is deader than Disney Star Wars’ fanbase, this would effectively make Thal’ena a Blood-Queen now. I forgot about Lana’thel’s soul thingie in the Shadowlands…then again, I try to forget about Shadowlands as much as possible.

The thing to note is of the vampyr curse the San’layn have. Years in isolation in the cell would’ve driven Lana’thel mad without a way to satisfy the need to feed could’ve given her a way to eventually work control over the curse, along with the Lich King’s death and the whole helm of domination being crafted into something else also having a hand on weakening the curse and letting the San’layn more in control of themselves.

We could also say that Dalaran studied her to learn about the San’layn, possibly to work on a cure for the curse. Research material would then exist. Lana’thel could have gathered them in her escape or eventually, we’d have to get them ourselves after learning of its existence.

And of course escaping Dalaran would lead a question of what she would do after that. I’d like to think that she was able to travel somewhere and meet up with remaining San’layn, who hear the call of the new Blood-Queen to assess the situation and gather their bearings. Possibly making a makeshift blood orb to quell the need to feed as they look over any research material on their curse from Dalaran.

We could say that they end up in the Ghostlands. If they’re in mostly control of themselves, I could see them wanting to be closer to their homeland, going with the idea we’ve talked about of residing in Deatholme. It’s a bit of a mirror of the Void Elves having done a similar thing back in the day.

As for how Thal’ena became a San’layn, you could have it where she and her mother had a tight relationship, often calling her “princess” as a nickname (fitting, no?) and through the whole Scourge attack, Lana’thel became a San’layn and finding her daughter in critical condition afterwards, opted to turn her into a San’layn. This could play into Thal’ena having conflict of her mother’s choice, which was done in desperation and it was either have her under her control as a San’layn or have her possibly lost as a mindless Scourge. This would be before Darkfallen with free will was a thing of course.

Seeing as Lana’thel was one of Kael’thas’ folowers and the San’layn did kinda become a thing because of him, that could also play in Thal’ena’s storyline. I don’t know if the Venthyr would want to walk Kael’thas in the fresh air of the living on a leash, but I’m sure she would have some harsh words for him. Moreso after learning about his betrayal from the San’layn eventually being accepted back into Silvermoon.

It’s an interesting scenario to think about, and seeing as we have a neat storyline opportunity, we might want to have some discussions on it. Kinda funny how she was initially created just as a dungeon boss jobber, only to potentially see her fleshed out quite a bit.

I’ll be thinking more on this scenario with Thal’ena becoming the Blood-Queen leader of the Horde San’layn faction and sharing thoughts here. If anyone else has any thoughts, I’d like to hear them also. It’s pretty important to keep playable Horde San’layn support going, and it seems like a great discussion point! :man_vampire:

2 Likes