San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

That would be nice, yes. People who take things out of the forums and into other areas of social media are very immature, and I have much stronger words for folks who do that that I can’t use here on the forums. But alas, some people will go full out attack mode over opinions on pixels in a video game, hence me virtually turning my back on things here.

I’ll post from time to time or update things when people ask me nowadays but definitely am more negative than I used to be. I also don’t really respect the idea of the community council at all given toxic people they tend to like to add over people with actual feedback.

those of us who have contributed ideas in multiple areas on here for years will go ignored as usual. Blizz doesn’t care and that much is obvious.

Good luck though, maybe you can get the ideas out there more than us. Who knows.

6 Likes

There’s literally a smear campaign being run by some forum posters on twitter against me trying to paint me as racist by using out of context posts. So that’s literally the first thing I’ve related to you on I think ever.

That said, unlike you and your thoughts on me being in the CC, you’re someone I think would work well in the CC, because you give a very opposing viewpoint on pretty much everything as me (except for the basic human decency things, which we agree on, racism, homophobia, sexism, etc. being bad lol), and for me, I think having different voices is important.

Anyway, I just wanted to let ya know I saw your post Turgin, and that if I were more passionate about Allied Races, I would, but I feel like people should only post about things they are passionate about, otherwise it’s not very helpful feedback.

3 Likes

I’ve explicitly said I wanted more lore added for San’layn and not for them to be added willy nilly out of the blue.

That said, there’s nothing more I need to say on the subject. If a CC member creates a thread of customization/AR ideas, great. I doubt they will, and these threads have been going for years anyway, so Blizzard probably has already seen them at some point and either dismissed them or will look into them some other time.

7 Likes

You know, thinking on it, if anyone shares the index post from Fallynn’s post, it might be a good idea to add link to the main post of the San’layn megathread on the index post itself.

Yes, I realize the post is within the San’layn megathread and it is a bit silly, but if the post gets linked, then it’ll show San’layn within those links and it’ll more likely lead people to there and show people want San’layn as opposed to potentially missing it.

I also might suggest making that index list alphabetical, possibly separating the threads into two sections. One that is for races (customization or full on races) and another for customization options specific threads, just to make it a bit easier to look through it.

Just trying to help with suggestions is all! :wine_glass::bat:

8 Likes

I appreciate that much, and that’s fair. We can come to an agreement on that one wholeheartedly, at least. And I’m glad to see we agree on those important viewpoints as well, in the end those are extremely important. I think there’s many things the game needs to improve on for representation in all areas and needs to be a lot better with depictions of folks in general.

As for CC, in the end I doubt I’ll make it on even if I wanted to, I haven’t played the game in a while and that might be a factor if I’m going to be completely honest.

Edit: I dunno I just made a megathread index and add to it when people want stuff added. It’s better to have it as its own thread but I’ll keep that post there too because I think people do use it.

7 Likes

Thread made.

Thank you all for the kind posts.

And, Maizou.

Please dive my created topics.

I consider WoW my most favorite game of all time.

Sadly, for now, just because of it’s currently untapped potential.

2 Likes

I added my own threads to my list as well when I updated it alphabetically and with the authors for that same reason.

I want people to share it and I didn’t want to accidentally forget my own threads. >.<

7 Likes

…Me with the ‘human vampyr’ idea…

8 Likes

Care to refind your passion?

As I constantly remind myself, Blizzard HAS chosen at least once now to actually try to do right by the players.

I hope they intend to make it a new habit.

4 Likes

I’ve moved on to greener pastures. (Actually probably another reason I likely wouldn’t get onto CC, I’ve said I play this game before.)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/907107268938588160/943638330082476032/2021-09-17_23-19-23-687_Neneko_Brave_Shine.png

If they add player housing someday (WITH ACTUAL CUSTOMIZATION) perhaps my passion will come back. Thus far I’m just here cheering on those who want customization in general added.

10 Likes

Your FF14 characters are so cool looking, Fallynn! Also, is that the dragon from Monster Hunter?

8 Likes

Haha thanks so much! I’m an altaholic on that game though. I wish it was more alt friendly…

I think they added Rathalos as a promotion to FFXIV, it’s a quest chain you have to do, then run a raid (…a lot…) to get the mount currency (or a lucky drop). So yeah! But they added it with proper lore. I love how he looks, especially the eyes.

7 Likes

I think Player Housing AND the slider bar customization range, in full, from the… shall we say, “Thorough,” games should be added into WoW for every single race somehow.

I mean, the worst part about me for WoW is that there’s basically no actually meaningful way to personally customize my toon in game.

I think the big three to quickly help WoW out are:

• EVERY race needs AS MANY sliders and options as possible, and all races equal yet different
  • Player Housing, done right, if no plots make a movable before dropping it foundation item, with items, mat’s, patterns, and especially decorations and collectibles EVERYWHERE throughout the game
  • Story. A single coherent story, from the start of Vanilla all the way through to Shadowlands both should and likely would improve player retention

This all above AND a fix to getting brand new players sensibly into the ongoing story they currently just get plopped into with literally no idea why?

would truly help.

3 Likes

Yeah. Judging from what I’ve heard, if I ever do get around to playing it I’ll avoid alts entirely. Just one character for me, maybe Miqo’te (that’s what I had in 1.0, and I enjoyed that character till I quit at level 4 haha).

3 Likes

San’layn customization or DR stuff could go a long way for BEs getting options after losing visual uniqueness allowing BE fans two visually distinct set of options like VEs.

5 Likes

Yeah and another thing I and many other folks have suggested would be a “Roleplay mode” or “Explore mode” of mobless, achivementless dungeons more people can enter just for the general area and atmosphere.

Instanced housing would be fine, but garrisons failed so miserably due to lack of customization at all. They could bring life to professions if they added housing items that way.

FFXIV has a dye system even for housing items so like… yeah. Sigh.

I know it’s a big no-no to compare the two games but honestly like the customization of FFXIV blows WoW out of the water. And yeah, people will say PvE is way more important and shouldn’t be taken away from for that sort of customization.

It just tells me that the game has strayed away from folks like me who like customization, storybuilding, and roleplay.

WoW serves as a great place to collect stuff, something I used to like to do, but not strictly anymore. I want to collect stuff for my story and character. With customization so lacking it’s just really lackluster, ESPECIALLY moving to a game that has far greater customization.

(and actually cares about noncombat professions, I can make good currency that way.)

8 Likes

That’s awesome! I’ve never even played a Monster Hunter game before, but I recognized him from Smash Bros. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seeing your screenshots is making me want to give FF14 another go. I got to around level 25 or so before quitting. It’s just hard for me to get into other MMO’s after playing WoW for so long.

6 Likes

It’s the movement controls.

WoW actually does keyboard movement and piloting disturbingly well for what is basically a VR type setting.

Edit:

If the AR Megathread gets low enough, I know I shouldn’t ask, however if anyone has real, substantive posts to make?

It could use some sensible bumps.

2 Likes

I hear you.

Every other MMO I play tends to feel “weird and different” because they aren’t WoW.

7 Likes

UGH YEAH that was a gigantic problem for me, honestly. And obviously (I mean… you still see me here on the forums, lol) letting WoW go entirely is just so difficult. I really, really want more customization for the community and didn’t want everything we shared to go to waste.

And it’d be nice if we were listened to so it didn’t feel so cutthroat all the time, too.

Letting the stories I built & collections I did go was the hard thing. Again, especially with how alt unfriendly FFXIV is, and I like building many stories for many alts.

I’ll be honest with you, ARR (the story you stopped in) really isn’t that great and I was so bored with it. I had to skip to the first expansion, Heavensward, to actually get hooked on the game due to the story. Only then was I able to actually enjoy myself.

It’s…, really different, yeah. But I love the Au Ra storyline (there lizard guy you see with the scales among my character screenshots) a lot.

I think the first part of the game (ARR) chases away a lot of people who would otherwise play just because it’s SUCH A DRAG.

8 Likes