San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Call me insane, stubborn, foolish, or what have you, but I’m currently still planning to continue onward…at least as long as I keep playing.

Admittingly, it has been getting increasingly harder to stay positive and keep going. Between the direction of the game, the uncertainty of the game’s future, and all the allegations going on behind the scenes, it has been getting increasingly harder to keep a sub for the game, much as I still enjoy some aspects of it.

I’m not really sure how to explain it, but I still feel like continuing, at least as long as I’m still playing the game. I do think a lot will depend on what comes after Shadowlands, which may determine whether I take a hiatus or not. I would prefer things to get better and keep playing, of course, but it remains to be seen what all will happen in the future. But in the meantime, I may as well keep up the support for races I want to see playable.

As I promised, I’m still going to be posting in here and contributing more ideas and such, along with monthly in-game feedback for playable Horde San’layn and referring to this megathread. They are one of my most wanted playable races, and I still have a couple of character slots reserved for if they become playable. They’re a neat race with a lot of potential, and I want to keep showing off that potential and all the wonderful ideas and such we’ve done across the years this megathread has been up. I’d hate to see it go to waste, much as things seem dire and depressing, and someone has to keep showing San’layn some love. May as well be me. :vampire:

We’ll keep the light on for you if you ever want to check in on here again. I can’t guarantee we’ll get playable Horde San’layn, and there is always a chance I may end up taking a hiatus at some point, but I still feel like going a bit longer still. We’ll see what happens and take it one step at a time, I guess.

Until then, I’ll continue to dream of seeing a day where a bunch of San’layn player characters run around in Orgrimmar as champions of the Horde, as well as seeing San’layn on the Horde side of that character creation screen.

San’layn for the Horde. Always! :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

I definitely won’t get on the council after being sent to the forum jail for referencing a body part. Oh and because I criticize Blizzard. They don’t seem to like that very much no matter how inoffensive it is. As for the people who mass flagged me, I love you and forgive you. I choose the higher path.

6 Likes

I won’t say that doesn’t make me sad because like with Fallynn that does because I’d like it better if I knew someone that actually cares about most of what I do was on the council but it’s seeming more and more unlikely and that really sucks but oh wells, otherwise lol and well you can always DM me if you have accepted my direct friend request on Discord I haven’t checked yet but I can say that you don’t get into trouble for what you say on Discord chat like here so it’s much better. :blush: :blush: :blush:

4 Likes

Things seem to be so dour as of late. I think we need to change that with some cheering up. And the best way to do that? BATS!

:wine_glass::bat:

6 Likes

Oh my gosh I loved all of these, like so adorable, like omfg the cuteness!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Finally made a GD version of my Customizations list.

Grand List of Customization Suggestions

San’layn stuff is in there for Blood Elves. As well as Dark Rangers.

Linking here for cross promotion of this thread.

Wonderful Sky Puppies.

6 Likes

After having Somand create my Blood Elf with the burgundy hair color for the Blood Elf customization thread the other night my want and my desire for playable San’layn as a race for the Horde or playable San’layn as a customization for Blood Elves and the Horde has been fully recharged because we look great with those types of options and so I decided to make this post. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Oh my goodness! The first video with the bat cramming the banana down its throat. That’s like me and pizza.

6 Likes

Man look at that handsome Elf in the Blood Elf Thread.

I agree though, the more I think on it adding many of the Void Elf haircolors, if not all of them, to Blood Elves would be neat.

I’ve argued it before for High Elves, but many of those Void Elf colors could still fall within the natural spectrum of Blood Elves anyways.

I love bats. lol

5 Likes

Same! They’re awesome little (sometimes giant) animals and it saddens me to see them so demonized.

5 Likes

I like the bigger ones more than the smaller, and Flying Foxes are gods gift to mankind.

I know folk from my home state had some rabies issues so I get them being a little bleh about em.

But most folk have no reason.

5 Likes

As much as I love and respect bats, I would never touch one because I fear contracting rabies and having shots in my stomach. (I’m a wimp.)

5 Likes

Hey thats entirely fair I think.

I faint with shots a lot…

Not fun. I’m also unwilling to generally touch bats if I don’t know where they’re from and that they’re safe.

Been to a few zoos that let us pet one or two. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

As you can tell from the cheering San’layn, Winter Veil has started in-game!

I’ll be taking festive screenshots gradually when I can for here and other race megathreads. In the meantime, whatever your plans are, please have a fun, happy, and safe Winter Veil! :wine_glass::bat:

7 Likes

I really do love how creative you are. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

5 Likes

Let us have San’layn Blizzard!

5 Likes

I owe a lot of my creativity to the passion all the race request megathreads have. They inspired me to start doing screen shots all during BfA, which I think helps a lot to show off how races would look as playable races. I’m very thankful to have Glyph of Disguise or illusion toys to be able to take these screenshots.

It’s also really fun to do when my creative mood strikes! :wine_glass::bat:

4 Likes

Happy Winter Veil to the San’layn megathread!

I know it has been a rough year, but I still want to continue onward with the playable San’layn support. I still have some hope that we could see them as a playable Horde race sometime, and as long as I keep playing WoW, I plan to keep up the support for them as best as I can.

Whatever your plans are, I hope you have a fun, happy, and safe Winter Veil!

:bat:
:christmas_tree:

6 Likes

You should really consider joining us in Discord, I know I mentioned that to Bale previously in the Dark Ranger thread and then here but you should as well because that would be totally cool and I know many of us would be more than happy to have you. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

6 Likes

Happy Holidays folks. I will try to grab some ‘Lana’thel celebrating Winter Veil’ screeshots soon. Possibly tomorrow. Maybe more art to share as well.

I haven’t been posting lately due to being disheartened. I do hope for playable Horde San’layn someday, be it through customization or an Allied Race. I hope I was able to bring a community together and inspire folks.

Unfortunately, on my end, one of the things I did get from my efforts here is an obsessive stalker that continues to attempt slander on me outside of the forums. I’ve said on numerous occasions I would like to be left alone by certain individuals, and I stand by that. Anyone that takes any effort to actually check validity of their claims, however, will see how false they are, especially given their behavior here on & off the forums on a regular basis.

I am saying this to just let people know one of the many reasons why I barely ever post anymore and don’t have the energy to. Dealing with toxic parties like this is draining, especially when I’d love to be left alone, yet certain parties keep on trying to cause issues. This thread has been great, but is it worth the harassment I’m getting now?

I don’t know. It’s happened on more than one occasion, and it’s very disgusting how some people try to harass outside of this space over different opinions. With that, I continue to be very disappointed with the WoW community and the inaction of Blizzard.

Edit: Actually, this is my official goodbye post. I wish all of you luck and hope you get what you want. I can still post on the forums, but I’m deciding not to. It’s not worth the stress anymore, and not worth the harassment. I’ll chat with those I’ve added outside of the game. But I think it’s time for me to take my leave permanently unless major change occurs. Given this community has shifted even more toxic, including from those who pretend to be good people on other platforms, I’m not really in the mood to suffer their nonsense any longer.

11 Likes