San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

1 hour countdown to whatever it is they’re gonna reveal

3 Likes

Edit: It has come to my attention that this particular post is post #10,000. Thus I think it is appropriate to celebrate this with the sustenance that powers all vampires to their ultimate power level…

SARDINES! :fish:

We now take you back to the original post as follows:

9.2 video is now live. Will comment on it after I watch it and digest over it some:

:wine_glass::bat:

2 Likes

…Yikes. Looks terrible. Hard pass to me. Another ‘alien land’. Gross. The more I watch, the more I absolutely hate it.

Edit: I’m sorry, but… I really dislike this patch premise entirely. I didn’t see even a singular thing that was interesting especially with the story and just… entire style. I don’t think there’s anything even remotely interesting for me, personally, until 10.0. Just… big pass. No.

3 Likes

well, now is the time to remind them to include content you want, like helfers did on the last customizations patch. mobilize san’layn and dark ranger fans and ask in the video’s thread and on twitter.

2 Likes

Honestly, they can look at this thread for feedback, I’m so tired.

4 Likes
1 Like

This. Its so disheartening to have no contact and no way to reach out and be heard.

4 Likes

Well that definitely went in a different direction than I expected, like completely.

Plus it looks kind of like they ripped off The Mandalorian, I want my Baby Yoda not a robot. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

deflating for sure.

1 Like

All in favor of using the Reality Reset Button ourselves?

4 Likes

r2d2 :smiley:
/10

More like BB-8, like almost an exact copy, which is why I referenced Star Wars. Lol.

So they intentionally made the area look alien-like, which in of itself is an issue with the whole of Shadowlands. I’ve grumbled about it before, but doing more things in the afterlife really isn’t grabbing my attention at all, seeing as I hated being there in the first place.

I wasn’t expecting a whole lot out of this preview, so I can’t say I’m disappointed. More apathetic if anything, since nothing we really do here won’t matter in the future for the most part, given how secluded the afterlife of all things is and should be for that matter, and I doubt the storyline in Shadowlands will be satisfying in any form. Especially with whatever is done with Sylvanas, who could pull an Illidan at the end of Legion or something worse. I’m kinda dreading seeing what actually happens with her.

To be clear, I don’t like being so negative about the game in general. However, I have to be honest when I say when I don’t like something. It isn’t done out of malice, but moreso out of frustration, since I honestly can’t get attached to this expansion at all, much as I do try. I’m hoping the next expansion will be something that I’ll enjoy all the way through. If anything, I’m hoping the whole cosmic exploration is not part of the next expansion, and we’re back on Azeroth dealing with more familiar stuff…or at least grounded in the living world in some way.

Speaking of which, on a brighter note, the most exciting news is that this is the final act of Shadowlands, which should hopefully mean this is the last patch and that the next expansion will become the focus! I’m hoping for a bright rainbow at the end of the storm that is Shadowlands, but I’ll still try to temper expectations until I see what the next expansion is.

Anyway, I still march on in support of the races I want playable, as long and hard as that road can be to traverse.:wine_glass::bat:

4 Likes

4 Likes

I went and gave this post a like and then this one as well.

2 Likes

This.

With luck after SLs we’ll see the improvements people actually want. (And hopefully more races added.)

Exactly what I was thinking…

3 Likes

This. I’ve never flat out quit an expansion before like I have for this one…and I hate ‘robot’/space ship stuff. There’s an absence of fantasy, and I’m not a big sci-fi fan at all. If there was a mixture, sure, but this is flat out ‘starwars/trek’ style stuff or something that I truly hate. Not bashing fans of that. I’m sure fans of that sort of thing will enjoy this.

But for me? There’s nothing there. I didn’t see any designs that I liked, nothing that would fit on Azeroth itself, either. The mounts look…terrible (again, this is my personal opinion. If others like it, that’s great! I’m just giving feedback.). I thought Korthia was very ‘meh’ design-wise (and haven’t touched it since I saw and was disappointed in THAT preview) but this is next level just…no…for me.

I am not expecting anything interesting the next expansion. I got my hopes up for something today and just…wow. I expected to be disappointed but this is worse than I could have thought.

3 Likes

It’s probably why I feel so disconnected to it. There’s nothing there that reminds me too much of Azeroth. Maybe some bits and pieces but not too much. It’s mostly alien. The Broker/First Ones aesthetic looks like it belongs in another game. If it felt familiar along with the familiar faces, I probably would have been more into it. At least from a looks perspective.

The systems and no flying for most of the year after the expac release were also reasons to hate it.

At least it isn’t the Maw again.

4 Likes

Lol, you get an instant like from me for saying this because really thank god for no more The Maw.

3 Likes

I won’t be playing until next expansion IF THAT so like

I don’t ever need to deal with the Maw again hopefully :rofl:

2 Likes