San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

They’ve been in here on multiple occasions claiming the Alliance has claim on all goth elves and they should get San’layn after being called out for saying “We should give the Alliance something the Horde has been requesting for years” because who knows why other than petty reasons.

They also bring it up and try to start arguments about it on other threads, which often causes frustrations, me trying to explain myself, me getting dopiled for ‘gatekeeping’ by the same individuals behind this, me being some villain mastermind, and what have you. It’s why I have several threads muted and am sick of this argument.

I would rather argue with the ‘no more elf’ people than this. So I would rather they mute the thread, mute me, and go on their way with their arguments, because we’re not going to see eye to eye, can’t discuss this in a civil manner without emotions running high for either party, and it’s just getting to the point of ridiculous.

To the point where I am suspecting it is leaking outside of the forums and given that someone is actively trying to spread lies about me behind my back through Discord as of a few days ago, I want to be left alone without worry that some angry void elves will be trying to harass.

12 Likes

aww sorry fallynn. i apologize for the unnecessary drama. if you think about it tho. he just wants customization and the one he wants, et al, red eyes, isnt sanlayn anyway. none of the san’layn looked like traditional vamps, they were uniquely made vamps, exclusive to wow. velf vamp customizations would look like traditional vamps. easy to rp as one anyway.

3 Likes

I have a theory…

2 Likes

Yeah, and the kicker is I don’t even like the faction barrier and don’t care if both blood elves and void elves get it, which I’ve tried to explain, and why I firmly believe the horde should get it first or at the same time as the Alliance.

Down to the lore, yes, I firmly believe San’layn make sense on the Horde, and no one is going to change my opinion. They can have their own reasons and opinions for whatever, that’s fine. Like I said, I would agree to disagree & respect it if they didn’t argue for petty reasons in the first place. People can agree to disagree civilly, but it just isn’t happening here.

So I’m hoping they just take my advice, start their own thread, mute me & this one, and leave me alone. I’m not going to be in other threads aside from the customization/ARs I support, ones already going and Horde-centric anyway, so they wouldn’t need to worry about me jumping into some huge argument in a random customization thread, because I am just so tired of this.

12 Likes

i got an idea!
velf vamps get nzoth orangey red eyes
and belf vamps get tiny little vamp teeth barely showing on their lips…like vamps often do, where you can see the tips of them on bottom lip

like second row from bottom, mouth 3 and 4, left to right

4 Likes

Looks cool! If we wanted to go super crazy we could even give different teeth variations (stealing this from my other thread cause lazy hehe)

5 Likes

ah vtm. well, i’m fresh outta ideas.

Ironically felblood elves have the fangs you’re talking about, I believe, so it is in game somewhere!

7 Likes

oh wow. lol :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I fully support felblood elves too :stuck_out_tongue: I just never started a thread or joined one since I never saw one about it

3 Likes

I mean this is all you’ve done because you couldn’t properly process opposing opinions on people who valued the visual uniqueness of Blood Elves.

Remember when you first began with these takes and you were much more open about why going so far as to explicitly state it was purely because you couldn’t process differing opinions on another topic / debate.

So like Fen pointed out the behavior you seem to be calling out is really most prevalent in your own posts.

Anyways just wanted to point that out :hugs:

8 Likes

IS that a Zugyr alt? If so, that makes sense. >_>; He/she/they (have no idea so don’t want to make assumptions on that account at least) irks me because the impression they give is they just make these ‘suggestions’ out of spite.

Blood elves should get dark ranger and san’layn options. Period. San’layn were literally the blood elf followers of Kael’thas and were killed and raised by Arthas in Northrend. It makes zero lore sense for them to be given as Alliance options. Same with dark rangers. (I know some have asked for night elf dark rangers since some were raised during BFA but I hated that plot point and would prefer to ignore it >_>;

Void elves should have shadow/space/star themes, not vampires.

11 Likes

Yeah they deleted their orc but are mirroring what they always say and posted on that one as Lann linked before anyhow.

That’s also what makes me annoyed about this situation. Void elves have two themes, high elf and void elf, already. Customization-wise, void elves are lacking when it comes to void. There’s tentacles. That’s it. People in the void elf thread including me have offered a menagerie of ideas to enhance that void aspect, yet some are hooked on trying to take a suggestion from Horde.

San’layn were Kael’s loyal followers who died in the name of defending their city. Void elves are traitorous blood elves who didn’t even like the Horde to begin with and aren’t welcome in SMC due to the danger of them corrupting the sunwell.

Forsaken were the blood elves salvation into the Horde after the Alliance, through Garithos, tried killing them all off & after their pleas were ignored by the alliance in general. Undead have been shunned by the alliance for gods knows how long and they barely tolerate DK… and we’re actively killing vampyr in BfA.

8 Likes

Trolls will troll. Their whole purpose is to try to get a rise out of people. Their posts purposely insincere and ill-informed.

6 Likes

Also before someone jumps down my throat about how the Alliance wronged the blood elves, here is my source:

" Kael himself took 15% of the blood elven race (including some of his most powerful and gifted magisters) to join with the Alliance fighting in the equally destroyed Lordaeron. However, this tenuous alliance would not last, and the blood elves came under the bigoted scrutiny of one Grand Marshal Garithos. Garithos, a human who had felt wronged the high elves’ conduct in the past, consistently gave the blood elves either meager tasks beneath their capabilities, or worse, suicidal missions devoid of reinforcements, in order to rid himself of the sin’dorei.[12]"

ALSO Origin of San’layn is literally in this article:

" Prince Kael’thas led his followers to freedom, to the extra-dimensional wastes of Outland, the remnants of Draenor, and pledged allegiance to Illidan Stormrage, who promised to grant them a new source of magic by teaching them to siphon magic from powerful alternative sources, including demons. Together with their allies the naga, Illidan led the blood elves to conquer Outland, gaining in the process the friendship of the nearly extinct Broken. The blood elves then followed Illidan to the Icecrown Glacier in an attempt to destroy the Lich King; however, they were defeated by Arthas, who wounded Illidan, forcing the blood elves and naga to retreat, allowing Arthas to ascend the glacier and merge with the Lich King. During the battles in Northrend, several of the deceased blood elves (including the powerful bearer of Quel’Delar, Lana’thel) were raised into undeath by Arthas, to serve him as his “San’layn”."

THE FORSAKEN, SO UNDEAD, WHO WERE HATED BY THE ALLIANCE AND STILL ARE are the reason for the salvation of Blood Elves.

" Having rebuilt much their kingdom, the blood elves looked to finding new allies. They had once been part of the Alliance of Lordaeron, but the Alliance no longer cared to defend Quel’Thalas.[6] The blood elves were offered aid from an unexpected source: the free-willed Forsaken undead, one of several established powers battling in ruined Lordaeron, reached out to the bewildered and overstretched sin’dorei. The blood elves were initially wary of their intentions, fearing a trick; but the elves eventually acquiesced, as no one else was willing to fight for Quel’Thalas at all.[6][13]

The Forsaken have been working closely with the blood elves to purge the greater phalanxes of Scourge presence from the Ghostlands since their induction. Lor’themar Theron was Sylvanas Windrunner’s second in command during the Scourge invasion of Quel’Thalas, and many Forsaken were high elves culled from the same battle. The aid provided by the Forsaken has included reinforcements, a number of outposts in and around the reclaimed blood elf territories, and a teleportation device between the Undercity and Silvermoon. Sylvanas claims to have retained a great love for her homeland and its people.[14]"

The Alliance had long since abandoned the Blood Elves by the time San’layn came to be. NOT ONLY THAT, but the Alliance went out of their way to butcher San’layn in the war campaign in Battle For Azeroth.

I am happy to provide sources as a reminder:

“Myself and the sentinels will seal the entrance to trap him and his allies shortly thereafter. Then we kill them all.”

" For ourselves, for my sisters, for the Alliance. We won’t underestimate the san’layn this time. We will keep the Horde off-balance and distracted with swift, targeted, ruthless attacks. "

" A cornered beast is more dangerous than a free one. "

"You’ve done the Alliance, and all of Azeroth, a fine service today, .

We will sleep in a better world than we woke to. That is all that can be asked of us.

For the Alliance!"

Look at the language there. The Alliance are not friendly to the San’layn. They see them as bloodthirsty monsters and the entire point of the war campaign was to slaughter them on the Alliance side, meanwhile the Horde’s point was to get the body (which was a stupid plotline anyway but we won’t get into that).

Some might have the attitude that Horde abandoned San’layn, and we don’t know there. We don’t know where Dreven came from, we don’t know if he accomplished his mission and earned points for his people back then. Because guess what? His mission might have been to delay the Alliance long enough for the Horde to get the corpse…which they did.

Not every San’layn in existence would be on that ship, that would be utterly silly. We don’t know how many remain in Nazmir or the rest of Azeroth, and whether they could approach the Horde again. They were working with Sylv to get a home, clearly. I linked the screenshot above.

Why didn’t they go to the alliance? Maybe because the alliance would and did see them as bloodthirsty monsters and did go out of their way to slaughter them? Yeah. It makes no sense for the San’layn to join the Alliance.

Also, thanks for making me look at the most disappointing thing in BfA. Again. sigh -.-

After looking at all that, I firmly believe San’layn should have joined Horde in BfA, but nope, Blizzard has no idea how to write a coherent story. I HATE to this day how they dangled the carrot on the stick then went RADIO BLOODY SILENCE when people were hoping for news of playable vampyr, then they introduce a new ‘vampire’ concept while ENTIRELY IGNORING this lore San’layn fans fell in love with. Grrrrr… People wonder why I absolutely hate the Venthyr, well there it is in short form.

9 Likes

Non ironically, it may make them quite powerful considering it´s the blood of Ra -a titan watcher-.

Not relevant to WoW forums, dude.

Keep your poorly disguised attempts at baiting posters in your Discord echo chambers if you must, your behaviour is borderline harrasement.

Those aren´t “goth”, those are Emo.

Also… blocking your n-esim alt, Zugyr.

As much as I adore the San’layn and their aesthetic, I’m not entirely sure this one will be implemented. I could see “dark rangers” for both night elves and blood elves (considering the whole Darkshore thing - especially where the NEs were under Sylvanas’ command) but it looks as if Blizzard wanted to write them out of existence. Of course, there’s no telling, truly.

But to hate the Venthyr for that :S well… that’s unfortunate.

Anyways, Void Elves do make sense as a parent race for San’layn.
You can hate about me, and complain about somebody disagreeing with you all you want, but it doesn’t change my argument, which still hasn’t been properly debunked outside feelings and stretches that are bigger than anything I’ve presented. (Not to mention, actual harassment. I have friends in your Discord, by the way.)
Some of the counter insults and trolling actually have proved my point, what with monstrous teeth akin to something like yogg saron fitting thematics like Nosferatu more in the past.

It’s a no-brainer.
The base kit is already there for them. It takes so little to finish it without taking up an allied race slot, and expands on the main kit of the parent. (Red is a void colour.)

Expect more Alliance San’layn people running around in game, what actually matters, in Duskwood and Stormwind next patch as people start to realize more that the customization, outside red eyes, is already there.

Been seeing more of them on MG-A lately than WRA-H. Difference is, those players won’t come here because they don’t want to deal with the things that are being slung towards me for pointing out why they’re playing what they are.

Also, imagine being this salty about somebody presenting a counter.
At least Dark Rangers and High Elves were and are actually a part of their factions.

Also, Zugyr doesn’t even exist as a character anymore. : )

Blood Elves lost visual uniqueness to give VEs a second visual theme, a second visual theme shouldn’t be tit for tat with giving that same thing back to an Alliance race

:hugs:

2 Likes

I’m allowed to dislike things though?

I don’t know why it’s hard to understand that’s one of the reasons why I hate venthyr… they come out of the blue from nowhere taking a theme of vampire when the vampire lore I fell in love with through the San’layn is completely ignored.

So yes, people are allowed to adore the venthyr. I never put them down for it. But… I’m also allowed not to like them for that reason, among others as well.

If the Alliance want the Venthyr, go for it. San’layn Horde is what I support :woman_shrugging: you folks are perfectly open to having nosferatu vampires who don’t drink blood on your faction. I’m also perfectly allowed to dislike their lore. Not everyone is going to be happy with everything.

Kind of like how many high elf lovers hate void elves because of their out of the blue lore.

4 Likes