San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Huh I could have sworn we’re getting forest troll skins! And yes–see Sand Trolls are confusing to me. I feel that they (along with if we ever GOT San’layn) need some more lore.

Fair, and I might sound very nitpicky in saying this so I apologize, but I at least hope for fangs and claws too! They’re not vampires without it, in my opinion x.x and even ALLERIA has fangs!

1 Like

You see, that’s just how easy it would be for them to do the bare minimum. If they don’t do it it kind of feels like they’re excluding us on purpose (for whatever reason.)

2 Likes

Nope, sadly. The Wowhead datamining post used a green skin to better show off warpaints and it confused a lot of people into thinking we are getting them.

Sand trolls could make sense, and I’m glad we’re getting them. I myself want them, but, we’re getting them, and yet not forest trolls. That makes 0 sense.

I made a whole thread for this and explained the whole schtick around why people thought we’re getting them but why we probably aren’t, and I went into a lot of other things there too. I won’t get into it here, though partially because the first post in my thread is long and I don’t want to retype any of it.

4 Likes

Yes! I’d love to have this look for my mage!

3 Likes

Feel free to post it, I’ll support you! So sorry to hear it though, it’s understandable that you’d be upset :frowning: Trust me, I know what I want more than anything, and there’s certain things that make it not that, but close. I’m sure that’s the case for forest trolls. And yeah I suppose Sand Trolls could join as a splinter faction via the Zandalari, so there’s that.

Hopefully forest trolls will be added then someday soon. I’m rooting for all of us! The more the merrier.

3 Likes

You’re telling me, you don’t know how big of a Zul’jin fangirl I am.

WTB trust level three so I can properly post links and make the post a lot better and easier to read.

3 Likes

Could one of you bump by Dark Ranger Customization thread? I can’t do it because I’m the last one who posted on it.

1 Like

I agree with you. It’s so little to ask for that they can easily provide. I really hope they allow it for you.

2 Likes

On it.
ten

aw someone beat me

1 Like

Ugh, I’m going to the store at four and get some sangria. Life has been stressful for me lately.

2 Likes

I should join you, ugh I know exactly how you feel ><

2 Likes

I really hope we can still get San’layn at some point. I don’t know that it would work as just added customization to Blood Elves or we’d have vampire paladins. :roll_eyes: I wish Blizz would make High Elves a sort of unlock subset of Void Elves and San’layn an unlock subset of Blood Elves. Not totally a new race, but customization we can only use as that subset and maybe some slight differences. Like maybe the San’layn subset can’t be paladins and the High Elf subset can’t be warlocks. Maybe even different racials. I dunno. All I know is I just want to play a vampire.

4 Likes

Yeah that would be sweet. I wonder if starting a different thread specifically for this customization idea would get more traction, to be honest (I can’t change the first post of this one anymore). However, it might be marked as spam, so I’ll likely avoid doing that. But yeah, if they can give neat customization, I think it’s something many of us would be thrilled for. I hope for lore too, of course!

1 Like

Forest trolls are already part of darkspear? Im confused… They also have moss on there skin and altered physique. Darkspear already have green skin tones.

No, they aren’t, but forest trolls should absolutely be playable and our best shot at it is customization for Darkspear.

The Revantusk should be their own allied race and all the things that come with it, but it’s extremely unlikely.

Yeah, but not the same forest troll green.

I linked my thread on it earlier, it explains it all if you’re willing to read it because it’s really long (the initial post, that is).

I’m so happy to see this thread still going. With the announcement they just made about blood and void elves, and with vamps in the expansion. My fingers are def crossed.

5 Likes

There are San’layn bloodknights in ICC.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the kind words. Yep… am hoping we get some good news. Sadly we’re not as large as some communities, so I’m worried that we’ll be looked over/ignored again (or replaced by Venthyr, something I hate ><)

But we’re still kicking! Even if there’s a Night Warrior-Like Questline for us, that’d be just fine to me, should we get fangs/claws/red eyes for our blood elves and a tad bit more lore.

2 Likes

I always hope that they do pay attention to the forums and megathreads, which is one of the reasons I admit I post on the forums. Even if it would take awhile to see the results, at least some support is being shown. Not to mention that it’s likely more fun to look at posts of people who do enjoy the game than some other posts.

If San’layn happen to be destined to be a customization option for Blood Elves, my main hope is that there is story shown in-game of them officially being welcomed into the Horde and having some story presence. Even if it is an occasional NPC who gives you quests to collect blood droplets or something.

I like the backstory for San’layn and would love to see some potential storylines you could do with them. I just don’t want to see them just plopped onto Blood Elves and then forgotten about in-game with no representation.

I’m still rooting for them to be an allied race, of course. :bat:

4 Likes

:flushed:

Yeah, me too. Still hoping for forest trolls though.

Can relate. There isn’t nearly as big a community around most things as there is for princess blood elves.

At least blood elves are looking really good in SL though. Just hope other races get the same attention.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes