San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

I check here every couple of days to see if we are getting the race because I know the second it happens this thread will know.

2 Likes

I support you guys getting your vampires I think it would be a cool addition. But alliance want high elves as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Invasion point: Sangua showed us a world full of blood. This was during Legion in the Argus invasions. What if the blood came from some massive beast or the planet actually being fleshy and bleeding out (sounds familiar… hmm) and a curse on that planet was formed by feeding upon the blood, of which ended up spreading to other planets too, where you’d need to drink the blood of the living?

4 Likes

Legion had some crazy stuff…

Can World Souls get the curse of flesh?

1 Like

Thats… Well, Id say thats a good question, but I think they may be immune to that. They are much more powerful than old gods.

1 Like

It’s interesting to think about. Perhaps thats what happend at the end of corruption?

3 Likes

Are san’layn out yet?

2 Likes

While the design is interesting, I would like to see more non-elf races.

A world soul and a titan have fallen to fel corruption.

But fel is a cosmological power. The curse of flesh is a mere aspect of such a power. A void corrupted titan is entirely possible, and is the goal of the old gods and void lords. But a curse of flesh titan? I dont think that would work, nor do I think the old gods/void lords would even want it to happen if it could.

It’s currently two weeks until Blizzcon starts. Much as I want to get excited, and I’m feeling pretty excited given Northrend may be involved in the near future, I still feel the need to temper my expectations since I have no idea what to expect. It’s a very weird feeling. x- x

This is, of course, assuming we’ll get playable race news of some kind at Blizzcon. I’m honestly expecting there to be something, since it would make a great pre-order incentive for the next expansion. Not to mention theres currently room for two more allied races. With the current theme going on, it’s likely that we’re looking at a Worgen and Undead related race of some sort. To be frank, San’layn make the most sense for the undead allied race, in my opinion, so I’m hoping we’ll be seeing some bats flying around in Orgimmar in the near future.

I’m still keeping an eye out on the 8.3 datamining that is coming along. If we see anything San’layn related, I would like to again advise caution as we head further into getting 8.3 information. We’ll speculate, of course, but we’ll also need to see the full picture of what is going on. It’s always possible things may seem like they’re heading into…less than ideal situations for the San’layn, but I don’t forsee their chances of being playable ever becoming 0%, even if things seem dire.

For example, it would be worrying to see them datamined as Sylvanas’ mooks, but it could also be written that they are undercover for the Horde and will turn on her when the moment is right. The Horde seem to be a pretty forgiving bunch, considering the Sylvanas loyalists to still be members of the Horde, and if Anduin is shedding a tear for the Forsaken’s plight, then he is going to need a few boxes of tissues when he hears about the San’layn. I could even go on and on with Gallywix, but I don’t feel like writing a whole novel at the moment. :stuck_out_tongue:

As I said before and I’ll say again, no matter what happens and no matter how dire it might get, I’ll still support San’layn as a playable Horde race…and if they don’t put in some form of my Echo squad idea, I’m going to totally form it in-game with other San’layn players. I’ll get goggles and stuff for the whole thing if I have to. <- <;

Two weeks to go. So close…yet it feels so far off.

1 Like

Be prepared for disappointment guys. Let’s just say Blizzard has basically done what Sylvanas set out to do at Teldrasil.

What do you mean? “Destroy hope”? Any new information causing you to say that, or do you just mean to be careful in general not to be too hopeful?

You know the guy who leaked Legion on MMO-Champion? He’s back and he’s saying that the next expansion is not undeath related and we’re getting tinkers. His name is Jericho21.

`https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2515308-WoW-9-0-Who-is-Death/page5

Was he 100% accurate with the Legion leak? Also, tinkers sound gross and boring, that’d be disappointing as all heck. We don’t need more limited classes, in fact I wish they’d focus on the classes we have already. Demon Hunters are cool, but again, I hate race restrictions and even though I only play elves, pretty much, I really can’t stand how it’s only restricted to two races.

Chances are tinkers would be restricted to gnomes/goblins, maybe mecha/vulpera. While I like Vulpera, still… seems like a gigantic waste of time. Oof.

Plus, if not death related, what then? It also wouldn’t rule out the possibility of San’layn entirely, just… pretty much shove them into ‘pretty unlikely’. Our community isn’t really big enough to matter to Blizzard though, so I wouldn’t be all that surprised. Granted, Mechagnomes weren’t either, but they were probably pre-planned. I was hoping the hype around vampire stuff coming out would make them more likely, but I’m probably wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry to possibly be bringing you bad news. I just don’t want anyone to be hurt and disappointed two weeks later rather than now. Breaking the news now gives us two weeks to deal with the sadness and prepare for disappointment.

I don’t see Allied Races mentioned there, so you never know. Granted I didn’t expect much but was hoping we’d see something interesting. If lightforged undead are the only things added with no hint of a real undead race, I’m out for good, not going to lie. The game at that point would be pointless for me to play as someone that likes story and roleplay, and those abominations would be a clear sign that they really don’t listen to the community at all.

3 Likes

We’ve taken a rough spanking this expansion. Two of my favorite races ruined. All of my favorite characters ruined. Never being able to play a dark ranger because so many people LOVE shoving the Tinker class in our faces. Undercity nuked. Teldrassil destroyed. Death Knights aren’t that great this expansion, especially not my favorite spec.

I hope he’s wrong this time lol because everything I’m seeing him saying is absolute hogwash and looks even worse than BfA.

2 Likes

Me too. I hope he’s lying. It sounds like an expansion that would be punishment to play through.

2 Likes