San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Wooo! Not scrolling through this library. Yes to vampy elves. Make it happen.

7 Likes

I like it. Welcome aboard the long wait for the darkfallen race being playable.

2 Likes

So a new PTR build has come. So far, nothing really San’layn related, but there is a thing of note.

First, Wowhead talks about some of the assets datamined here:

Most interestingly enough is the middle part with what appears to be portals. Specifically, this one:

Looks like a portal to the Frozen Throne, which is just fueling the fiery rumors that we may be going back to Northrend soon…which of course would be a fitting time to bring San’layn back into the story as an allied race.

Anyway, I’m a bit exhausted studying for my Intermediate Accounting 1 exam, so if anyone happens to notice anything of interest I missed, please feel free to mention it.

In the meantime, I’m going to continue hoping to see playable San’layn on the Horde and that the Batpocalypse will be a thing in the near future. And if by some Winter’s Veil miracle it becomes a thing? It’s going to be a fun day.

3 Likes

You could pre-order it months ago. The blood moon edition is the most expensive, but it includes all the bonus content and both story packs and the blood moon expansion they’re planning XD

Oh also, welcome back ^^ Glad to see ya again! Been a while, and I’m happy to see that we’re still kicking as much as we can anyway.

3 Likes

Hmmm Nazjatar portal? Wonder if that means a new allied race? Gilblin or Naga? Or just a portal for an event.

Tomb of Sargeras portal too?

Didnt they make Sanlayn assets a while back or something in ICC.

P.S. on second thought those portals have connections to elune and kaldorei. Wheras the throne is a portal to shadowlands.

1 Like

I love how much actual thought is put into this vs the “high elf” thread.

2 Likes

The high elf people have a complex challenge of blizzard changing the story on them. So I get it, it’s rough. Similar to the Draenei. The Draenei weren’t always the good guys and that changed when bc launched. You can actually look up the Draenei ret-con and you’ll see what I mean.

2 Likes

was not a happy day, as its the soul reason horde has bloodelfs, would have been fine if they gave them the BE’s and gave us the DR’s or anything else tbh

1 Like

well- where to start. The Draenei as a race have been given the incorrect model. The lore wise should be the lost ones. The much smaller blue people. Draenei currently share the eradar model which pre retcon would never be allowed on the horde. The orcs simply wouldn’t allow it.

So first of all sargaras as a Titian went out to eradicate all evil. He stumbled on the eradar, the most evil race ever and it corrupted him. Without sargaras you don’t have fel magic, the burning legion all of this stuff. But more importantly you don’t have fel orcs. No Gul’dan which means no death knights. And Gul’dan doesn’t exist because Ner’zhul could never be decieved.

Without going too much into it and all of the things that happened to the orcs because of the eradar. Orcs would never allow an alliance with Draenei because they technically are the eradar.

1 Like

The blood elves actively left the Alliance in WC3. The draenei had nothing to do with that.

Pre-BC the lost ones/broken had no affiliation with the Alliance; they were only ever seen on the side of the Illidari. It wasn’t too much of a retcon to say that they were the corrupted/devolved forms of the draenei we see in BC. It was established even in WC3 that these guys were twisted by the chaotic energies of Outland and that they thirsted for revenge against the orcs that made them so. That was their entire reason for joining Illidan. The emergence of the draenei in BC only added additional flavoring to this backstory.

Not sure what this means. Eredar of any variety would never be allowed on the Horde, either pre or post retcon. Regardless of whether or not the eredar were inherently evil, what they ultimately did to the orc race was unforgivable.

That was only ever present in the background lore for the manuals of the RTS games. It never really manifested in the games themselves. The only eredar you ever personally meet are Archimonde and Kil’jaeden, and they never state they were responsible for the corruption of Sargeras.

Sargeras did not create fel magic. It exists as a result of the mutual destruction between light and void, and was present at the creation of the universe and manifested itself in the twisting nether. The existence of the draenei did not accidentally retcon the fel out of existence.

Correct but sargaras could never instruct kil’jaden to deceive Ner’zhul

1 Like

Why?

Why would he need to and what would be the implications of this? What would be stopping him from doing so?

What does this mean?

i never said they did, i said i would have prefered one to the other

1 Like

A thought I don’t know if it’s mentioned but Blood Queen Lana’thel says:

“Foolish mortals. You thought us defeated so easily? The San’layn are the Lich King’s immortal soldiers! Now you shall face their might combined!”

Which would lead me to believe they cannot be killed unless the Lich King is killed. Seeing as how Bolvar is the Lich King it seems unlikely any of the Blood Princes or the Blood Queen are dead. It seems much more likely they fled Ice Crown after they were no longer bound to the new Lich King’s will. Seeking out new allies in a world they are unfamiliar with, beyond Northrend. Which is probably why we see them working with Sylvanas, as she’s a kindred spirit to being freed from LKs control.

I’m sure there are a lot more out in Azeroth we haven’t seen yet.

9 Likes

This is further reinforced too with the Stormheim vampyr questline, when the questgiving murloc (Mrrgleton I think) questions whether or not those afflicted by the blood curse can actually die at all. Plus, I’m pretty sure Lucard promised that it wasn’t over or something, which could have been interesting dying words, but you never know!

Plus, those two missing blood princes. Argh!

6 Likes

If they can pull ‘void elves’ out of their ‘void’…then making San’layn playable requires far less of a writing stretch. Unlike void elves San’layn actually existed in the lore since Wrath, and if the next expansion IS death-themed crosses fingers it would be a good time to use them and any other flavor of undead customization/allied races (especially since they’re giving allied races access to the DK class).

6 Likes

Part of me wants there to be a long legend of Vampires in Vrykul culture and the Lich King used that combined with Knowledge of the Nathrezim to make the San’layn.

Thus making them the ultimate WoW Vampires!

4 Likes

Oooo, then perhaps my snarky Dreven concepts may get a chance to shine after all if he gets to come back. :smiley:

2 Likes

After browsing Nathrezim lore. Perhaps the curse lies there. And the titans had a mingle with Nathrezim before. (They are tricksters after all). And alot of the deathknight lore from some of the weapons is interplanetary. Involving many different species. Perhaps the origins are on a different world or realm!
P.s. in legion there was a planet of blood fields. Maybe there are more vampires in space? Lol.

1 Like