San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

sanlayn/undead elves have been teased this expansion for the forsaken AR spot. one of them will fill the final AR spot. theres nothing else unless the final pair is thematically tied to next expansion. chances are good imo

I’d like to see undead elves and nelf worgen. The remaining races without ARs are worgen and Forsaken but also belfs and nelfs didn’t get one on their home factions. It would be cool to tick all the boxes in one go.

1 Like

To my knowledge, Blizzard has not, in any way, made any posts of any kind in any of the race megathreads on the forum, let alone any general topics regarding races people want playable.

I’ve talked about this earlier in the thread, but having a blue reply to any of the megathreads, regardless of what they say, would likely cause a lot of problems on the forums. People would likely start going into a “notice me, senpai!” mode, whether it’s the megathreads wanting blues to post in them to possibly people making multiple megathreads of the same race wanting to be the “one true megathread.” It is possible that things would become messy.

Even then, I don’t really see a blue nonchalantly coming in a thread to confirm or deny a race is forthcoming to be playable. If, for example, a blue came into my Saurok megathread and told me that playable Saurok would never happen, I’d likely just quit outright. I imagine that would happen to a lot of people in megathreads of races they want.

Confirming a race would likely be kept for announcements, as annoying and frustrating the radio silence is. I really have a hard time seeing Blizzard doing that in a forum post. Even posting “Wow, these are great ideas!” would cause issues and be taken the wrong way.

The general perception is that Blizzard is taking feedback regarding races people want to see playable. Whether they actually are or if that was PR talk, I can’t say, but it is very unlikely we’ll see Blizzard respond to any of the megathreads, even if it’s to confirm or deny.

All we can do is just keep hope and keep posting ideas and having discussions. Hopefully, we’ll see the seeds we plant bear the fruit of our labor.

4 Likes

Good points. Never thought of it that way.

2 Likes

Haven’t posted here in a while. Just wanted to say that I believe San’layn are still very much so possible, keep your hopes up. There’s no way Blizz will let such a potentially unique and popular race request go unnoticed

4 Likes

The fact that they showed the San’lyn, and had them aiding the horde’s efforts makes me think they’re the obvious choice. Why else would Blizzard pull them out of thin air for a questline, and refer to them collectively as a “force” that may join the Horde.

Vampire elves sound pretty cool to be honest.

5 Likes

Way back when, we were told to let them know what allied races we would like to see in the future.

My belief is that they already had all the BfA allied races planned at that point. The hope would be these threads will help lead Blizzard to future allied races.

I am not very hopeful that these threads do much (I have been a huge supporter of High Elves and San’layn since the beginning) BUT… I hope I am wrong, and that they will listen.

The San’layn just seem too cool to miss out on. So much potential.

7 Likes

Yea. People voiced wanting nightborne since they were shown in the blizzcon they were revealed. I wonder at what point they decided to make it an allied race? They had updated dark iron models in Warlords maybe they knew since then that allied races would be a thing. And if they just received input at the beginning of the expansion I wonder how long it would start from day 1 to make the race. We saw the vulpera had assets made since the beginning. But they also said they would start making new npcs as if they were playable races to make them look better.
I hope there are segments were allied race creation is discussed or at least show up in a Q and A and how long they take to make.

5 Likes

I know it’s OT…but I’m SO hyped for Bloodlines 2…pre-ordered the blood moon edition the second I could XD

3 Likes

I’m really excited too now, ESPECIALLY seeing some of the clan introductions. I’ve been roleplaying in a discord server for my first time ever for the RPG. My favorite clan is, as I’m SURE everyone could have guessed… Toreador :stuck_out_tongue:

“I am a beautiful way to die.” EEEE it’s so dark and artistic at the same time. Yep, I’d be one of those irl, hahahaha. Though I really love the Malkavian intro too. I’ve rolled a Brujah and Toreador, I have way too much fun story and character building. What can I say? I’m a lore nerd.

5 Likes

Toreador are my second favorite, and given the ‘at launch’ clan options my first play-through is more than likely going to be Torrie since my first character in Bloodlines 1 was Toreador and have to keep to tradition XD

As someone who’s been playing the tabletop version of VTM since it came out I was a bit bummed that my favorite clan isn’t going to be available at launch (Gangrel), but since they’ve said more clans will be added for free later and the expansion blood moon will add werewolves into the game I’m crossing my fingers we’ll get Gangrel then (with proper protean shape-shifting as opposed to the poor imitation we got in bloodlines 1). Also I’m assuming since Nosferatu have their own faction in Bloodlines 2 (the Unseen), Nossies will be added too later.

3 Likes

You would be correct.

Mechagnomes (then called Junker Gnomes) where datamined early in development and some of the assets where used in Tirigradsound.

Vulpra started getting player quality model updates in beta and the work has been continuing until the announcement.

The backlash on just the datamined junker gnomes likely pushed them back. They changed the name to Mechagnome and released a comic that outlined what it meant to be one. Something they haven’t done for other Allied Race releases. And the had to share a content patch with Nazjatar.

Undead Elves make the most sense for a forsaken AR and San’layn are the most unique and interesting ones. It’s just dumb not to add them.

They got theirs when the gave Dwarves new models. Back then they where just a simple reskin.

No Tattoos/Flaming Hair/Ect.

3 Likes

Waiting for the sweet san’layn announcement any day now.

8 Likes

They did, there was an interview at the time where Ion brings it up.

1 Like

Yea I think I remember that when they were updating the old races.

So do you think they have an updated san’layn model kicking around?

You can preorder it now? Brb, preordering now. X3

3 Likes

BlizzCon is our best bet, I think

I hope they see the hype from things like Bloodlines and even get inspired from it. Blizzard makes a ton of pop culture references and so they ARE aware of likes and trends.

As for blue replies, high elf thread got one a long time ago to say people should stay on topic and that they can continue talking. But that was many months ago. Vulpera never got a blue in thread but got many QnA answers. Other races like Blood Trolls, Wildhammers, and something else got a “no for now” when brought up. Mogu were mentioned in relation to ARs in some panel I think.

No questions or acknowledgement has come up for San’layn however, and the same can be said for Sethrak. Blizzard no longer seems to be bothering with either QnA or General discussion at all lately so unfortunately we might be screaming into the void.

But despite that we should keep talking just in case.

4 Likes

We still have the wotlk models. If you see them get new models that would be a nice indicator that they are working on a playable model!

1 Like