San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

A naaru literally just used the light to reanimate the dead. The result of that experiment now seeks to be queen of the forsaken.

We’re in a brave new world now. Anything goes.

But all of the death knight abilities are so anti-light. After all the first death knight ever is gul’dan construct teron gorefiend. (That may be ret conned by now though)

Going more into the creation of a death knight. They are created from the power of ner’Zhul which is pretty much anti naru.

This is inaccurate. The cosmic force opposite the light is the void, not death. Death is its own sphere and is the opposite of nature. The Lich King is not “anti-naaru.”

Also this is something I think is a great idea and could possibly apply to druids too if you’re looking at Drust magic. I personally would enjoy a void skin for paladins myself.

2 Likes

I guess so but I don’t think light and death are going to be an over lapping sphere in this case. After all paladins lore wise always fought against death. They had abilities specifically designed to deal increased damage to undead. I just don’t think blizzard initial intention was for the light based beings to use death magic.

It’s understandable why one might get that impression, as the minions of light have pretty much been mixed up in all the shenanigans thus far. Arcane is the opposing force of fel, but playing legion one could easily get the impression it is light.

1 Like

It’s hard to believe that it is currently 19 days, at the time of this post, until Blizzcon. Despite Vulpera and MechaGnomes being recently announced, seeing as we’ll likely see the next expansion, I want to think the chances of having another pair of allied races being announced would be high.

Since we’re looking at, in my opinion, a rather arbitrary theme of “every race must have an allied race variant” idea, Worgen and Undead are the only races left without an allied race variant.

I really don’t know what would be the Worgen variant, but for Undead, San’layn make the most sense to me. Not just because I want them, mind you, but I can’t think of an acceptable or more interesting alternative.

The few possible variants. such as the undead Night Elves, aren’t that interesting, in my opinion, and don’t have much potential in terms of story, again in my opinion. The only elephant in the room with regards to Undead are the Light-Forged/Redeemed Undead, and if you want to know my thoughts on them, kindly venture to the nearest outhouse and take a gander down the seat hole. Not to mention if they want to add Undead Paladins, they can just give the class to the Forsaken as opposed to adding an entire race just for the sake of it.

I’ve gone on many times about how, in my opinion, San’layn have a lot going for them in terms of the story, fitting the Horde’s theme and having ties to the Blood Elves, and could easily be written in the story. Introducing them in an expansion where allied races start and having Rokhan mentioning that they have a place in the Horde if they help out can be expanded upon. Needless to say, the wait has been very tiring to see if anything comes from it.

Seeing all the datamined stuff of Death Knight Allied Races and Northrend hints gives me some hope, albeit with tempered expectations, but we’ll have to see what happens and what pops ups when 8.3 comes out.

Until then, my march of support for Ogres, Saurok, and San’layn continues as always, and we’ll see what Blizzcon holds, for better or worse…

3 Likes

Sethrak would use Worgen, Ankoan Nelf.

I just realized that Blizzcon is on October 31 this year. Which means it’s the PERFECT time to announce San’layn. It couldn’t line up any better. Come on, give us playable vampires! San’layn, which we have the most lore for and have come to talk about so much!

Gah it’d be too perfect if that were the case. Man I really, really wish. Could you imagine the preview?

On screen, suddenly you’d see bats flocking to who knows where, circling into forming a figure with long ears, red eyes, and a billowing cape… San’layn are to be playable in 9.0! Crowd goes wild!

Edit: Google lied to me, it’s nov 1-2! Darn it, I got excited. :cry: Still… would be an amazing announcement for the day AFTER Halloween when it’s still fresh on people’s minds, please Blizz? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Are they doing anything on the 31st? I was under the impression the 1st of November was when the event actually started. According to their official website:

BlizzCon 2019 Show dates & hours:
Pregame Festivities: Thursday, October 31, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. PDT
Night at the Faire: Thursday, October 31. 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. PDT (Benefit Dinner and Portal Pass holders only)
BlizzCon Benefit Dinner: Thursday, October 31. 7 p.m. - 11 p.m. PDT

Main Event:
Friday, November 1. 9:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. PDT
Saturday, November 2. 9:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. PDT

Far as I know, they don’t even have a schedule of the panels on the other days.

…but yes, Halloween would be a great time to announce San’layn as a playable race! :bat:

Nah I was wrong, made my edit. Google told me that it was on October 31, weirdly enough. I got pretty excited, I will admit, but I was wrong. Still, even the day after Halloween would be a good time to announce playable vampires, when it’s still on everyone’s minds, you know?

Oh, the pregame festivities might be why goggle told me that much. I think we’re looking at November 1 then for any sort of Allied Race announcements, if they do in fact add ARs this year.

2 Likes

Worgen have to be cat people. Idk though. I think it’ll have to be a shapeshifting race as all allied races have some sort of connection to its base race.

Sanlayn would be so cool but i am worried about their lack of presense. No idea how the stuff with sylvanas will affect them, either.

that all being said …i think sanlayn and arrakkoa would be best as core races, not allied.

Vulpera have no connection to Goblins besides sharing the same skeleton. If only using the skeleton of an old race is enough to be an AR, I think Saberon would be totally fine for the Worgen one.

Maybe in 9.0, not gonna get any high hope though.

1 Like

Good point. Forgot about the new fur people joining the horde

I think Sethrak would work too for the worgen counterpart since I’m pretty sure they use the female worgen skeleton, so both of those might be on the table. Saberon don’t have the story to back them up right now, from what I see, but something could be written.

San’layn have an open ended story:

1. Where did Dreven come from?
  2. Surely not every single one of his followers were all on that ship, that’d be silly. Where are they now?
  3. Did he manage to make any more blood princes like people were saying?
  4. Where are the two missing Blood Princes?

And so on… but the problem is, San’layn have no modified model except for if you look at the Blood Princes, which are wrath quality and definitely not up to par. Plus, there’s no modified female elf in that either. Not to mention, SL are Thalassian.

So Sethrak & Saberon have the ‘models’ that are probably modifiable at least, Sethrak have a higher hold in the story, but Saberon could get a hold too if the Mah’gar scenario resolution is expanded and we see them being a bit more intelligent.

As for San’layn, the major problem is lack of info since 8.0 and no sign of model updates anytime soon whatsoever. Granted, that isn’t to say a model update can’t come out of left field, we didn’t even know about void elves until last minute, after all, though I’d prefer quite a bit more modification to make them look like regal monsters (as said many times in this post.)

5 Likes

Almighty, and Powerful Blood Queen Fallynn…. The San’layn thread needs to be brought to the attention of our Superiors, and asked about at Blizzcon 2019!

4 Likes

Still have my vote for San’layn or Dark Rangers. Either will do, but preferably San’layn! I can state my opinion in this thread without being called names. :smiley:

3 Likes

Those of you attending this year know what needs to be done.

Sadly I won’t be there this year. But I might dress up as a vampire for Halloween…again. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like