San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

And of course death knights

2 Likes

I think it can happen if they bring back the O.G. Blood knight concept.

2 Likes

As I support high elves for my faction I come to also voice my support for san’layn for you horde players. Good luck in your endeavors.

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking of a “home” the San’lyan could have and I think Scholomance might work. It has the whole cursed mansion thing going for it.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Druids, was running ICC the other day again and saw one of the San’layn turn into a spider, that gave me all I needed to be like “That would be a cool Druid Race.”

3 Likes

Didn’t you also say that it would be unfair for Horde to get this AR, an AR of either Forsaken or blood elves, unless Alliance gets high elves, an AR of a Horde core race?

User only has 3 posts in this topic, and none of them mention high elves.

You’re probably thinking of someone else.

I was being polite, they definitely do it’s just in another thread.

What they say in that other thread isn’t really relevant to our purposes. They were nice enough not to mention that other race here, considering the problems we’ve had with that in the past. Ideally, this thread should be kept to discussions related to the San’layn, and they have done so. I can respect that respectfulness.

2 Likes

You know in the future if they ever opted for the fourth spec (none for druid or fifth and third for DH) option in the future instead of adding classes like the Tinker, Necromancer or Titanguard they could choose instead of a Gladiator for the Warrior it could go the route of the Sub Rogue inwhich they use Darkness and/or Death in there abilities a little bit like a Death Knight but different deep down as a source, its basis would most likely come from the Void Reavers that the Void Elves have as a Warrior basically since i don’t think i’ve seen a normal VE Warrior in the lore yet.

Hell they could go an extra mile and explain the differences between the specs more since arguably most of the in-game specs were basically all different classes (especially priests! and druids are a confirmed one via warcraft 3) this makes it more justifyable for a fourth Paladin spec to be like a Fallen Knight or something like that, different to a Paladin in everyway ESPECIALLY IN VISUALs and wouldn’t be treated as a such, this is THE workaround for races like the Void Elves, San’layn and Forsaken to obtain access to the Paladin as a class, lorewise they’d only be allowed to use the fourth Fallen spec but gameplay wise they’d access all 4.

What ya’ll think?.

3 Likes

You mean their stated opinion of San’layn?

I’m kind of uncomfortable continuing this line of dialogue because it feels like we’re putting an unaffiliated third party on trial and going through their comment history just to make sure their views are consistent.

However, from what I see the poster in question isn’t putting forward a contradictory opinion on San’layn. They specifically say they “support their inclusion,” they just also happen to be a staunch high elf supporter and would feel slighted if high elves weren’t released alongside the San’layn. They aren’t saying that San’layn shouldn’t be released.

As much as I disagree with their position, and as much as I detest conditional San’layn support (e.g. “San’layn can only be released if X race is also released,”) they were nice enough to remove any references to their high elf support when posting here. I don’t really think this needs to turn into a big thing or we need to draw any more attention to this. I’m totally fine with high elf supporters being here, and I actually respect them when they keep high elf discussion to a minimum or refrain from it entirely.

There is a thread specifically created for high elf discussion, and this poster did the right thing in keeping their high elf-related desires contained to that thread. I’m not sure there’s much else that needs to be said here.

8 Likes

I appreciate it, man, and while I stand by my words and my stance, I understand that the focus on this thread is on San’layn. We might find disagreement in how I express said support, but this cause nevertheless has it.

Also, the rules of that other thread states that anything pertaining to that topic should stay within that thread, so I’m just trying to be a good sport about it

4 Likes

This hasn’t been a problem limited to just this one time or even just San’layn. There’s a history of them bringing their singular focus across the forum and hijacking threads or manipulative tactics like conditional support and ‘foot in the door’ support. People are just being reactive to their history, which is well known around here. Some forum goers have even been conditioned to try and absorb that dysfunction. Sometimes they can be vigilant.

Though I agree this particular poster should be allowed a fresh start and only corrected if they transgress.

I think blizzard is afraid to do San’layn because it pulls four different groups into one. Undead, blood elves, night elves, and death knights. All of those sub groups have something in common with the San’layn. And saturation of a single sub group can be bad. But in defense of the san’layn I doubt they will be as popular as blood elves are currently.

Interesting lore point for why I think only blood elves should be San layn.

After the fall of the sun well and blood elves needing to drain magic from things to stay “not withered”, we had the mana tap ability. Unfortunately we lost it after BC because it was pretty nuts. But essentially blood elves drained mana at will inherently.

The san’layn lore wise drain blood or life force inherently. Which is really a cool undead version of mana tap. Now blizzard could do a blood elf skeleton with a blood tap ability and a night elf skeleton with /something/, but at least for now there is a lore history to the San layn machanic and how it relates to blood elves.

2 Likes

Just make every NPC race playable 2head.

I don’t think all npc races being playable is the best idea. But I think what you’re saying is sarcasm to highlight your point. But let me say this, people have wanted darkfallen since BC. When you were in the ghostlands and you saw the undead elves you wanted to play it. When Wrath came out that number blew up. We never thought it could happen but we wanted it too. Only now with the allied race stuff did we think it could happen.

So all I’m saying is I would like san’layn over some arbitrary race I have never heard of before like void elves for example.

3 Likes

Yes, or something ridiculous like Lightforged undead. I said this in another thread: I’d rather be forced to play a leper gnome than ever see that become a thing, and I hate gnomes (not my thing).

I’m really hoping we see something more solid for this cause at Blizzcon. Won’t be long now, at least.

4 Likes

I don’t even understand how lightforged Draenei will become death knights. Wouldn’t the naru actually prevent this?

Anyway on a really petty note we could always say, “blizzard you have werewolves, where are my vampires?”

1 Like