San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

When you use the toy they have many blood elf animations. The physical apperance might be a modified night elf skin I think. Im not really sure.

I ain’t going to lie I would totally rock a San’layne Mage or Warlock but I am not sure if this will potentially become a reality… though if they gave the Alliance crybabies Highborn then just then maybe this will become reality.

Yeah, but their idle standing and base appearance is def. Male Night Elf.

Ill have to recheck ingame. Although I dont have a caster blood elf anymore. I do hope they make new assets for San’layn though. That would be a good sign they will become playable.

Allied races becoming death knights, Bolvar getting into the future plot, Helya and Sylvannas’ Valkyr being plot points. Yeah, I could totally see a necromancer class or San’Layn being a thing in the next expansion. And if the pattern of a new class every other expansion continues, we could have necromancers. Or heck, reintroduce San’Layn into the story by having them introduce the new necromancer/blood priest class. It could be another “hero” class that drastically changes appearance of applied races. Humans could look like necromancers from Scholo and blood elves could look like San’Layn, and etc.

Would you all be upset if the San’layn practice became a class instead of a race, but was affected in this way so that San’Layn are still technically a thing, just locked to a class and cant be other classes?

1 Like

Technically, I can go Blood DK and use the Quill of Lana’thel to be a fully-fledged San’layn if I had the toy. ^-^’

As it stands, I’m more of a San’layn rip-off.

WoW does need vampires. People like vampires.

7 Likes

The San’layn are referenced in 2 classes already. Priests and death knights. Shadow magic of undeath.

So it can be a class but it could be way better suited as a race. Much like being lightforged/ void elf is a race and the void elf racial is void form, similar to shadow priest’s shadow form.

3 Likes

On a side not I just found out Slyvanas has a San’layn skin in heroes of the storm!
https://images.app.goo.gl/YwjANL9JSo4jNmNY9

2 Likes

Short simple right to the point. Sir are you on a marketing team by any chance?

2 Likes

I am currently in process of infiltrating it. I will try to put in a good word for the vampires.

6 Likes

In BFA. Forsaken and humans are opposite each other in the game files and worgen and Forsaken (you know, the other core race without an AR?) are each other’s main rival.

I haven’t forgotten them, I just don’t think they’ll be used. The AR UI looks identical to the core race UI. I don’t think for a second it’ll be “core races but without worgen and forsaken plus pandaren for some reason”.

We have gotten a reskin of each skeleton besides pandaren worgen and darkspear trolls. And we already switched for blood elves on alliance and night elf on horde (skeletons).

Lightforged undead have only 1 member of the whole species.
Alliance has not gotten worgen and night elf skeletons reuses.

Horde has not gotten blood elf and undead reskin.

Both havent gotten pandaren which may always be tortollan or tuskarr or other new pudgy races.

As it stands my guesses are ankoan and gilblins. (Horde would get 2 goblin reakins) (aliance would get a reskkined night elf and female model could work with forsaken female skeleton for example).

1 Like

A taunt could be “Naxxanar was merely a set back!”

3 Likes

This made me smile a lot, thank you so much :slight_smile: Things like this brighten up my day and make me determined to keep on going with this, even if we have a small chance. I’ve been loving the ideas I’ve seen for this race I enjoy so much. Vampires are such a neat monster to play around with, and admittedly (aside from dragons) they’re my all time favorite.

I’m glad discussion has started up again, and we all were able to find a bit more hope with both the prophecy possibly indicating that Calia will mess up, and the activity in Northrend. I think it gave many of us more of a reason to return and keep talking.

Lorewise the blood princes are Thalassian, but they do use modified night elf models, which is pretty unique.

4 Likes

I’d say continue the trend if that’s the case.

1 Like

Dialling in to show my support for San’layn for the Horde! With a second Lich King-themed expansion likely, it’s more possible than ever.

6 Likes

Still hoping to play a San’layn Paladin one day :wink:

Okay, maybe not a Paladin but I do hope San’layn come at some point.

3 Likes

eeeeeeeehhh, I think it’s a bit of a stretch to see San’layn pallies run around, but I can definitely see Warriors, Mages, Warlocks, Priests, and maybe even Hunters

6 Likes

Priests have all the fun.