San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

We will have to see what they announce at blizzcon to help speculate the future. I saw some threads on mmochampion aboit class skins so that would be an interesting thing to have. Who knows. Maybe things like blood mages will be a thing in the future for example.

San’layn were also Arthas way to supplement Nathrezim. Vrykul were intended to be Vampire based at first. And the Legion made the lich king and he defected. All things to consider with the origins of San’Layn. They certainly would be most relevant in a death expansion. And there lore elaborated then. As well as dk magic and origins.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true. If we do in fact get a death expansion of course.

Look here guys.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440659490468134933/630952872447574026/unknown.png

This could mean something and we might as well discuss it since it could be relevant.

2 Likes

Don’t lose faith folks in what you believe in. I might have lost some of my faith after getting banned from the High Elf Discord and as well as the fact that Blizzard just doesn’t care about the Alliance Faction in what they want for Allied Races or finding a Better Undead Race for the Forsaken but I still hold on to pieces of hope for San’layn to finally become playable one day so that everyone including the San’layn Fans, Sylvanas Fans, and yea all of the Forsaken Players will be happy.

Same with people in terms of High Elves as well. Anyways I’m going to take my leave. I know I said this few times or more but since after the huge announcement of Patch 8.3 I gotta focus on the Horde side since Vulpera are becoming a thing and I really want to see what they are and also the Fact I’m going to level up a Worgen to feel Cool in a Heritage Armor they got.

So anyways don’t give up hope folks. I know right now it sucks and its very disappointing with the way things are within Blizzard as of late. But for my 4 cents or whatever dollar or money you have. Let’s all hope that this year’s Blizzcon will be much better. Of course don’t get too hyped. When Blizzcon comes we’ll have to see how it goes in the next couple of weeks.

3 Likes

N’zoth is likely the father of sleep.

The golden one and the crown of light are likely Calia. Her attempts to make peace will not end well.

The Nine Ravens are likely Sylvanas’ Valkyr.

Vassal of Life might be Freya and she has green eyes.

No idea about the rest.

1 Like

Vassal of life might be illidan. Fel waa made off of souls right?

Fel is Chaos.

So I’m not particularly happy with the Calia news, but I’m still trying to reserve judgement to see if we get another pair of allied races announced at Blizzcon. So far, nothing I’ve seen has 100% de-confirmed San’layn, and I’m still holding out hope for them to be playable instead of just being potential loot pinatas and jobbers in a Sylvanas raid.

I have the feeling it may get worse before it gets better, though, so I’ll try to temper expectations. As I said before, no matter what happens, I will always support San’layn as a playable Horde race. :bat:

2 Likes

Never give up the things you want. I doubt the Horde Bias Developers will want to keep Calia, an Alliance leaning character, to be a leader of a Horde faction. The most I can see them doing is giving her some influence of the people, but most of it will be given to another. I don’t know who, but there has to be a foresaken that can take over. Plus, I doubt the Horde Council will be all that accepting of Calia, who they would know to be a puppet of the Alliance.

Also, as some people have mentioned, the Lich King and the Shadowlands, we have two stories that can be used for the San’layn. In my opinion, the San’layn are more popular than the Mechagnomes. If those little nuggets can become an allied race, then I’m positive that the San’layn can be as well.

3 Likes

Can’t stop thinking about the possibility of Forsaken Elves now :confused: and I don’t know how to feel. We are getting Calia now trying to help the fallen sentinels, maybe they choose now to add “Undead Elf” with pointy or back-pointy ears.

Not going to suggest anymore compromises either. I don’t want to see any mergers. Pure San’layns as an Allied Race is the way to go. If they want to add Dark Rangers, both thalassian and darnassian, then those are the two elf races that can be merged into one allied race. San’layns need to be their own race with vampiric racials and culture.

1 Like

This is what sparked a tiny ember of hope again. That perhaps things will be a bit more layered and complex, which could lead to other stories too, including opening doors for the vampires.

Also people have pointed out that Malfurion has green eyes, so…
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440659490468134933/630961182504648714/maxresdefault.jpg
(Thanks Neb :stuck_out_tongue: )

Thanks as usual Bagzak, your ideas have contributed so much to this thread and I appreciate it. Even if none come to pass (I really hope some do), they still hopefully inspired something. Certainly it made people like me smile in this thread.

True that, people do keep mentioning a death expansion. If that opens the door for the 'layn, that’d be very nice. And yes…

I agree pretty much, I’d really love the identity of vampires and want that looked into and expanded in depth. It’s why I wince a bit at the idea of being shoved aside as a “customization”. Personally I saw the Night Warrior stuff and just sighed. They abandoned it and never touched it again. I wouldn’t want that for the SL. There’s so much that can be done with the vampire lore they’ve already built that it’d be a shame just to walk away from it.

Yeah everyone’s talking about it and I feel like GD is favoring Lightforged Forsaken, which makes my heart sink juuuust a little. I mean it’s fine people like what they like, but… I don’t know. I just wish San’layn weren’t so hated because they’re ‘jjust more elves’ and meanwhile LFU are smiled upon for simply not being elves. There’s so much more to the San’layn than just ‘elves’, but it’s what people immediately see.

5 Likes

Chaos was made when light and shadow collided. In wow fel is made available to players by consuming life magic. The botani for example were used by new orc warlocks and made extinct in there conquest in pur universe.

The Elf Hate is strong.

As someone who’s trying to get 2 different types added…

6 Likes

One of my favorite types of races. Night elves are the reason I started playing. I hope we get more elves. Sanlayn and horde night elves personally. The undead night elves seem to be using death knight assets. So have all the sanlayn besides the unique models for the bosses. (See the frost artifact story)
As we see in this thread many unique assets need to be created for a full fledged race. Perhaps an adjusted sindorei model would be best. The Nightborne model adjusted night elf idle to be more fitting. I loathe the bounce and it is more regal. So a more undead, dark or gothic posture would help.

First of all, it isn’t our fault that Blizzard has made so many races of different elves. I can never see it as a problem, since these ideas came about naturally to them, except for the Void Elves. If they want to balance it out, add more groups of different races. There are many tribes of trolls that vary in appearances. There are different human kingdoms that can be used and even added, such as the tanari humans. And don’t forget the different species of tauren out there that have yet to be revisited.

Which is weird considering we are at 4 types of elves and 4 types of human already so IDK why one gets so more hated than the other lol.

It’s a bit of a double standard. People don’t see worgen or undead as human, even though that’s literally what they are. They then go on to request either lightforged undead, “Nathanos” humans, cross-faction Forsaken, or Vrykul, all of which are very human.

Elves in Warcraft have always felt distinct from one another, at least for me. A night elf doesn’t feel like a blood elf in the slightest; they feel like completely different races. A vampiric elf shouldn’t be a traumatic request.

6 Likes

Ehh I think elves look like skinny humans anyway with pointy ears. I dont mind them. All playable races are HUMAN-oid. Human like. Its not like we can play as a horse for example.

Orcs are supppsed to be piglike humans. Tauren are cow humans. Kultirans are just plain human. At least forsaken are deformed skinny with bones protruding. That is deformed enough to be considered monstrous.

The San’layn though maintain there majestic aesthetics which is cool. But some of the cosmetics could highlight there undeath. And there blood curse could also effect customization. Not to mention in life being mana vampires can uniquely influence behavior and cosmetics. Compared to like if we had vampire orcs or any other race. Blood elves being vampires just sounds more fitting.

3 Likes

And that’s going to be the standard across most fantasy and sci-fi properties. Functionally speaking, being “humanoid” has proven to be more useful than any other version of creature on our world, which is precisely why we are the dominant species. So even in IPs that go into the farthest reaches of space to encounter alien species, the majority of these new races are variations on the human form; bipedal, two hands/arms, singular head, approximately the same height, sometimes exaggerated facial characteristics. It’s the case with Star Trek and Mass Effect.

All of Tolkien’s creations are humanoid, and as a result we see this pattern throughout most of fantasy as well. Elder Scrolls features ten playable races, but the elf and human variants are specifically designed to be very similar to each other, with only minute characteristics giving their heritage away.

WoW, I feel is unique in the fantasy genre in that it is already incredibly diverse. Yes, all the races are bipedal humanoids, but that’s just a necessity from a functional perspective. You can be as small and wily as a gnome or as huge and hulking as a tauren, or perhaps somewhere in between like a blue tentacled alien.

Adding more elves doesn’t do anything to damage that diversity.

1 Like

Just wanted to pop in and wish you guys good luck/show some support! I think it’d be really cool if we got San’layn. The potential customization options and lore alone are worth it, not to mention the fact it’d just be cool in general. :bat:

5 Likes