San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Like I’ve said though, I’m interested in the lore itself of the San’layn and the origins of the blood curse. Also, no fangs = not a vampire to me, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: If night elves can have fangs, I think it’s fair that an actual playable vampire should have them too.

Did you have “Include NPC-only options” checked on?

You know what, I take it back lol, im stupid af.

Ah, I found the “include NPC-only” stuff. None of that is new, it’s been there for a while. You can find the night elves as well, there’s dark ranger options for them too :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps they’ll be releasing customization information as we go. At least giving feedback here works, at least pertaining to San’layn specifically. With how elaborate they’re going with humans and trolls, I think it’s fair additional features can be hoped for beyond an eye color swap.

That’s fair, I too find the blood curse interesting ever since we discovered the Vrykul, and Humans, can also be affected by it.

But maybe a San’layn customization option would have a quick scenario like the Night Warrior one did? That could provide the lore behind them.

As for fangs, all elves have fangs I believe. I know for sure Night Elves do, but I’m pretty sure Thalassian Elves have fangs as well.

1 Like

I wish they had fangs, it would be awesome x.x they don’t, sadly, you don’t see them at all when they talk. It could be as simple as adding night-elf-like ones. Never know!

At this point, a scenario like night warrior would be fine with me. Initially I wasn’t about it at all, but we’re getting an entire vampire ‘faction’ so my horses can be halted. As super cool as an allied race for San’layn would be, I see Venthyr as possibly being more likely, with San’layn ending up as customization. And where would we get the flavor abilities for them? Well… by siding with the Venthyr :stuck_out_tongue:

So yeah, that’d be fine. A night warrior scenario to touch upon the blood curse, say how you can be turned, maybe give some insight as to what they’ve been up to all these years, and how they’d end up joining Horde(could be as simple as ‘we’re breaking off from others of our kin and wanna help fight along side you’) would be fine.

We shall have to see. I’m really, really curious to see what Kael’thas has to do with this vampire faction. What could he look like? Would be be vampire-like or ghost like? Infused with fel still, or not? Regardless, I’m glad there’s stuff to talk about again relevant to this.

Edit: Highest covenant vote for forums is: Choosing a Covenant? Currently VENTHYR

Oh, so NOW people love vampires? :stuck_out_tongue: Hahaha

8 Likes

Here’s hoping he gets a redemption arc and comes pack as a vampire.

7 Likes

I’m curious if you can switch between the covenants on a single character without losing progress or having any repercussions for doing so. I’m going to assume they all will have a rep and achievements of some sort required for Shadowlands pathfinder. Otherwise, it looks like I may have to maintain 4 characters next expansion.

As for what covenant I’ll pick? I think it’s pretty obvious, but I’ll be going Venthyr of course. Best group to likely have potential San’layn clues…not to mention seeing what Kael’thas has been up to. :bat:

2 Likes

I was being sulky about no faction loosening (never was one of the people demanding factions ‘go away or merge’…heck crossfaction talk/grouping would tickle me just dandy being the RP carebear nerd that I am…) or player housing, but then I check panels and see

1. pretty much entire faction gothic/vampire themed
  2. ability to skip WoD entirely
  3. Tons of customization including ability to hide bones on my Forsaken/long tails on Draenei
  4. Kael’thas being brought back

And okay…I’m a shallow woman. Pre-order next paycheck here I come >_>

I also take comfort that Revendreth isn’t where outright evil people go in the wow afterlife, but essentially ‘the prideful people who need to atone’…the Maw/tower is where outright ‘worst of the worst’ evil souls go, so at least Kael has a chance to be redeemed after being villain-batted so hard in BC >_< <-----still bitter.

5 Likes

+1 for support for whatever it’s worth.

You won me with the fruit bat, they’re just soo darn cute! :heart::bat:

7 Likes

Thanks for the support ^^ Definitely hoping for some San’layn customization/lore in the very least. The venthyr are neat but I dislike Nosferatu (like quite a bit) and how the Nightfallen look. Like I said, we could get the best of both worlds.

However, there’s also one thing to consider. Everyone’s so stuck on the Venthyr being the allied race itself, but… ever stop to think about whether or not they’d actually want to leave the Shadowlands? I doubt it.

Seems like people are suddenly way more open for them to be the Allied Race and shove the idea of San’layn and the blood curse aside. They’re shiny and new, so I get it. But like I keep saying, the original vampires (aside from Dreadlords) are what really, really interest me, and I have very high hopes that the blood curse, its origin, and what the San’layn have been up to can be explored now. It’s the perfect time.

Some have speculated that the powers of the Venthyr could have manifested into a curse, resulting in the Blood Curse origin. Which, considering the blood curse is ancient (not sure HOW ancient), and so are the Shadowlands, sounds pretty possible. What if the Venthyr’s pride/hunger turned into a magical anomaly that shows itself via blood curse? And with Arthas’s connection to the Shadowlands, that’s how he obtained and spread it to Lana’thel?

Or, wait. The Vry’kul would have gotten it first. So…the Vry’kul’s connection to drust could have nabbed them this ‘curse’, which later the Lich king grabbed to utilize for himself.

4 Likes

Fallynn…If the Venthyr are a compromise for the San’layn, in which Blood Elves don’t get the San’layn treatment, then I’d take the Venthyr any day. If the Blood Elves DO get the San’layn treatment, then I would love that as well. I’m ready to be given a bone thrown for me!

1 Like

Good for you. I personally disagree and don’t like them. I don’t do “Compromise”. Either they say “No, there’s no chance for San’layn or customization”, or I will keep asking and sharing my ideas. If they tell me ‘no’, I’ll likely leave and stop with this all together. I definitely wouldn’t be playing a Venthyr though, as Nightfallen/Nosferatu aren’t my thing and look terrible.

Really annoying how much work and ideas are shared here just to have people be like “Nope forget about San’layn we should get these as compromise, forget the blood curse and all of those ideas.” That’s not what I started this thread for. People that want just a vampire race with no ties to a San’layn, feel free to go start your own Venthyr thread, I’m sure you’d have tons of supporters. Maybe even more than here.

3 Likes

Crazy thought: Kael’thas gets turned into a San’layn in Revendreth and then turns other Blood Elves into them thus giving us San’layn as a playable race.

6 Likes

I was thinking it was a possibility. Never know, it depends on what theme they want to go with him. It’ll be neat once we actually see him, if he’s a ghost or more like the covenant that he works with. That could apply to all of them too.

I have a idea.
big brain time.
A racial bonus idea.
" Siphon lingering anima : 5 min cooldown. Siphon the lingering anima from slain humanoids near you. " This gives you a buff for 5 mins per humanoid in your area ( cap of 1 hour. ) You earn a better critical strike and xp generation.

I do believe the two left over allied races might be the bastion folk for alliance and venthry for horde.
I hope theres a pretty option for the venthyr. like a glam vamp not a Nosferatu decrepit rat eater.
They could tie this in with lore, like the more life energy that surrounds them rejuvenates them to a refined form.
They are deprived of anima right now, all the anima is going straight to the trash compactor maw. So maybe this is like the nightborne exiles in suramar. Missing that arcwine

The only reason I doubt this is the Kyrian and Venthyr are dead. They are souls already in the Shadowlands, so unless Blizzard does something where the souls in the Shadowlands can come to Azeroth I don’t see them becoming Allied Races.

The most simple solution to that is to give San’layn customization to Blood Elves then, and a bit of that lore. Then they wouldn’t have to modify the model at all to give the options, and it’d satisfy those that actually care about the lore of the original vampires (that aren’t demons).

Also, yeah we don’t know if these races in Shadowlands can actually leave, but I’m sure Blizzard will make it happen somehow.

1 Like

Well the preorder epic tier lets you summon the dude from Shadowlands to farm for the tmog set so that makes me think the races there can leave.

I can hope at least. Still want San’layn!