San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

I miss my Blood Queen Fallynn, here on the forums! San’layn should definitely become a thing, with them teaching Blood Magic, to Blood Elves in the zone of Nazmir, on the island of Zandalar!

3 Likes

Was watching the new Hellboy movie last night, it was decent. Lot of unneeded language.

It also has a character that’s a blood queen and some mention of vampires.
Large manbat style creature at the beginning.

Something that kind of occured to me…if they were to expand the demon hunter races, a San’layn option could be neat.
Redo the large demon form to be heavily influenced by the large bat demons. Kinda makes me think of the vampire lord form from Skyrim, but with much better wings.

2 Likes

I hope things are well with the OP. I totally understand wanting to take a break, though. I barely post in forums anymore and as soon as I got pathfinder I started to play less and less. I didn’t even log in today.

2 Likes

Oh, another thing I thought was interesting I saw today was an informative meme that was talking about how the proteins in blood make it a usable substitute for eggs in baking.

Kinda odd, but could be used in a funny manner with Vampires…cakes baked with blood or some such.

4 Likes

Ooh a racial for the cooking profession

3 Likes

Hey folks :slight_smile: I’m excited to say I’ve got a gift for the community. Now, I know that many people love the idea of Blood King Kael’thas. So, I commissioned Galder, an artist, to create a very special piece. This is my gift to you. I’m pleased to present Blood King Kael’thas!

Sadly I don’t have trust level 3. I can’t therefore link the image itself. But here’s the image link.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440937078570614784/602925615649128510/KaelThas16FDS.jpg

I was thinking either doing a generalized Blood King or this. In my opinion, even if it never comes to pass, this concept is really neat and the subject, Kael, is iconic.

18 Likes

19 Likes

This is awesome! Such brilliant art. Really fleshed out the concept nicely.

6 Likes

God, Kael’thas was done so dirty by Burning Crusade. It’ll really hurt when Warcraft III Reforged comes out and I have to play his campaign again. He used to be one of my favorite characters…

Bringing him back as leader of the San’layn would be perfect. Not only do we get to avoid the tired trope of the “redemption narrative,” but we also get more of our favorite elf prince.

Plus, he was the first Blood Elf Prince in lore. So the first blood elf prince becoming the literal first ‘blood prince’ of the San’layn? Too perfect.

8 Likes

Best race idea ive seen yet.

6 Likes

Also here’s Kael with a mask :slight_smile:
https://sta.sh/0vff2rf9ybf

10 Likes

Per the link that Fallynn just linked:

Kael’thas always seemed like the type to mask his feelings. :V

Wakka wakka!

14 Likes

I can’t remember if I said it in this thread or on another site, but I’d really like to see more monstrous/gruesome appearances if we ever get something like san’layn. If necessary, they can have a “pretty” elf appearance out of combat, since I know people like their beautiful elves, and then reveal their true face when engaged in combat.

2 Likes

Everquest 2 had something to that effect for the Freeblood race. You have a regular form and also an “inner self” form in which both were customizable. You could make either of them look as beautiful or as insane as you’d like and, from what I recall, switch between the two forms freely and even be in combat with both forms.

4 Likes

Though not a fan of them myself, I do think San’layn are a cool AR idea because they have been involved in wow since wrath.

Good luck! and nice artwork!

7 Likes

I’d be in favor of a bat-like beasty myself as opposed to a rotting corpse, as Blood Magic is corrupted life magic. Looking at the felbat model, especially for the undercity bat, I can’t help but favor that look as incredibly cool. I bet they could implement that sort of look for some sort of bat-monster form if they ever did consider “multiple forms”.

4 Likes

I like that the masks have classic bat/vampire bat fangs. The canines are metal xD. I should farm those sets on my mage!

3 Likes

I’m thinking if we ever actually ever get the San’layn, some form of mask is a huge must-have. Now it’s depicted even more on that art piece, and it’d be awesome to have leather/mail/plate versions of it. And an updated, HD version would be so cool. Imagine silver fangs that glint on the mask x.x

4 Likes

Aside from various transmogs, per different armor type, there is always heritage armor for the mask. I honestly would like to have one for my San’layn if they got to be playable. It just seems fitting and iconic to them. :smiley:

2 Likes

I just wanted to say that I fully support the inclusion of San’layn/Darkfallen as a playable Horde Race. The model work, and ideas, that have been represented in this thread are amazing.

7 Likes