San'Layn Allied Race

San’Layn Allied Race. Now!

17 Likes

There’s a megathread in general for this :bat:

16 Likes
15 Likes

<3 thanks Ves!

13 Likes

Unpopular opinion maybe?: We’ve got enough elves in both camps already. I’d prefer something more unique.

Obligatory aside explaining that these views don’t mean that I want all elves to go away, before anyone gets their giant eyebrows in a twist!

12 Likes

True but … VAMPIRE ELVES!!! On a more serious note, I can see Blizzard giving the Horde San’layn for three reasons.

One they seem to be in highly requested than most races. So they may be added for same reasons Dark Iron dwarves were added, being high requested and all.

Two they fit the undead theme really well, and make a good allied race for the Forsaken. The Lich King has been getting some spot light, and they would be a perfect addition for a undead expansion that is rumored to be around the corner. Having said that Legion hinted a Void expansion, I think Activision Blizzard thought it being next was too soon personally.

Third well … they’re elves and elves do bring in the population. Activision Blizzard may be detracted from the idea of skewing the population some more. Between levels 107 to 120 the Horde out numbers the Alliance. The Blood Elves being the main reason, and at the forefront basically being as much as the Human and Night Elf population combined. Again this info is from US Realm Pop from levels 107 to 120 because my phone is being a meanie and not letting me just do 120. However BfA has made many players quit playing. So Activision Blizzard may bring them into the Horde, or possibly the Alliance even though doubtfully, to bring in the $.

So between fans pushing for it, the Blood Elves being super popular, and how BfA is loosing players, Activision Blizzard may add them for the greens. Regardless of having too many elves. Haha it is kind of funny, why farm for Azerite when Elves make the difference in the war! I say we should start fighting and farming for Elves! :wink:

11 Likes

San’layn are a natural Allied Race option for the Horde. They fulfill the Dark Ranger thematic while bringing more than just that to the table through vampirism. They also open the potential for the Horde to have a true Dark Elf race, one that uses dark powers for the benefit of the Horde.

13 Likes

I have mixed feelings on this topic.

I would like for the Alliance and Horde to get allied races spun off form night elves and blood elves on their own factions.

But not right away. IMO before we add more elves let’s finish this round. For example goblins and gnomes, worgen and undead.

Also I would prefer something more like dark ranger undead elves than actual San’layn. It seemed like maybe Blizz would go that route, but it seems unlikely with the Alliance taking that group out during the 8.0 war campaign.

Bringing yet more of them in after that would feel a bit odd.

2 Likes

Forsaken need some real friends who get them. Vampire Elves now plz.

12 Likes

The San’Layn are pretty dope. I didn’t play through Wrath back when it first came out and wondered where they got vampires from, but their lore made complete sense to me

5 Likes

I’ve no issue with San’layn being introduced. It’s the nature of Elven lore being constantly retcon-es, re-written and to be frank so much is well known regarding their history that it far surpasses all other races.

If it weren’t for the Void Elf idea then yes it’d be great for it to be on Horde & alliance either have Highmountain or any other race.

Since it is as it is, there’s far too many Elves for both sides & the inclusion of void Elf for alliance was due to alliance players’s persistence of High Elf request. Either way, if San’layn did happened on either faction, it’d greatly undermine the other & thus it will greatly affect population faction wise.

Unless it goes to be a neutral race then…perhaps there’s some spotlight for it.

Regretfully, I don’t respectfully wish they were included, more so enough Elven lore is already covered in the game…it might as well be called World of Elves

No. Too many elves as it is.

5 Likes

Sounds like we could use some more elves.

5 Likes

Because Nightborne and Void Elves don’t count for some reason?

I was going to post something like this so I absolutely agree that Blood and Night Elves should get some customization within their respective factions.

After both of the Elves get something for customization I would be fine for taking a long break from elves or even no more elves.

2 Likes

By definition don’t count. See emphasized part in bold for reason.

Point taken but I still don’t want any more Elves. If you want more cosmetic options for Night Elves and Blood Elves, that’s fine, but no more playable Elves. Elves suck.

And for the love of God OP, and others, stop creating these posts. You have a mega thread for a reason. Use it.

2 Likes

While I’d prefer that the other races get allied race variants first, I don’t see any particular reason no elves should ever get added again. For one thing night and blood elves are different enough from eachother that I don’t see any issue with them both being in the game, and by extension I don’t mind them both having allied races. Plus, elves are just popular races for players.

I could say 'no more dwarves but there are still plenty of people who would want to play Wildhammers for example I’m sure.

For me what it really comes down to is do they add something new, which is one reason why I’d be all for dark ranger esque undead elves on the horde but don’t personally root for high elves.

1 Like

… you wanna elaborate? Make a case for them? Tell us why you want them? Come up with things like heritage armor, racial mounts, or capitals? Anything more than what you have? No?

Alright…

1 Like

With the advent of Night Elf Dark Rangers I think I’ve had my fill of undead elves this expansion. Maybe next expansion?

1 Like