Sanguine + grievous

Why… oh why. And then next week it’s back to tyrannical.

Guess I’ll just keep doing low keys for valor until we get a decent affix.

1 Like

what if… you would move OUT OF blood and not trigger grievous?

the puddle won’t chase you.

4 Likes

This is definitely a manageable week, especially if you’re pushing, you just need to make sure you use your utility. Move mobs that can be moved, boop them away from ones that can’t be moved. Grevious got nerfed enough that it’s easy to deal with so it’s all sanguine mangement.

Having said that… if your main is a lock, I feel for you. It super trolls your interrupt :smiley:

1 Like

I just did a dungeon where sanguine was doing 14k HPS. It made me jealous as a healer!

2 Likes

Grievous is basically a non affix now annd sanguine is not that hard aswelll. This week is very easy in reality.

It kinda sucks on shards of halkias, mailroom boss, and infectious rain in PF.

1 Like

If it was tyrannical ya, but its a fort week, grievous on fort weeks is pretty chill. Plus grievous stacks go down one you get hit with a direct heal.
Basically a nonaffix this week.

Go do Spires and see if it’s a non affix on the third angel.

Well considering your going to have spear and lust for that one…

1 Like

Did they adjust Grievous recently? What did they do? I’m having a total ball healing it on my monk, but do realize some other heal specs don’t deal with it as easily.

I think there are a few places you definitely have to take seriously this week, but it’s still generally not so bad. As Yulicilla pointed out, you’re likely gonna spear/lust on that angel on a fort week, but if your heal spam isn’t enough to deal with it, yell at your dps to use a personal or two. You’re not going to need anything for devos so it’s ok to burn them to get through the tough spot.

I’m sure there are other places where you might feel it, but all in all grevious is much easier to deal with than it used to be. As a resto druid, I definitely appreciate the change to make hot application drop a stack as well :smiley:

Disc is of course gonna have a bad time but hey, play holy at that point. Every other healer though has np with it.

Meh, grievous can be rough for a couple things but it’s nothing like it use to be thankfully. I use to skip doing grievous weeks, use to be brutal

Not a bad week. Also why avoid Tyran? Under 25s I personally found Tyran easier this patch. Non if the weeks are impossible

4 Likes

I’ve only been playing up to 20s, but I personally prefer Tyrannical as a tank. However, my percentage of failed keys is much higher because of the large number of dps that can’t handle boss mechanics. I’ve had at least a couple dozen keys where I brought them to the last boss with 8-9 minutes remaining and they failed at things like Comet Storm, Run Through, Tentacles in Plaguefall, etc.

But with a group of competent people, for sure, Tyrannical is much better than Fortified for me.

1 Like

That and a lot of DPS aren’t great at single target damage

They’ve been told by the guide writers that their “m+ build” is taking all the aoe talents and they can only bend the knee to the alter of the overall damage meter.

Doesn’t matter than high key runner have been saying that prio/ST is mega important for years now.

/rant

Sort of. Top keys have 1 st class. The meta dps currently stay with aoe talents because it’s a slight loss on st. If you pull efficiently you can spend extra time on bosses to make up time

I’m aware, but in those keys, they’re capitalizing on tanks being ridiculous right now. Pulled properly around tank and dps CDs, aoe will win the day. But if everyone in the party is no prio aoe, you end up single targeting the last mob at the end of each pull and losing time.

AoE on fortified is fine but on tyrannical weeks a single target build makes them a piece of cake