Sanctum of Domination Lag Update

Thank you for this in depth update and discussion of your forensic analysis of the issue.

No offence man, but we’ve been complaining about this sorta stuff since Legion at least. And we’ve known it’s because the servers are doing too many calculations. Have you ever tried to do anything on a server hosting a 40 man world boss raid or two? It’s the opening of Sylvanas for minutes, if not longer. Preach made an entire video about it. The fact that it’s taken years for you to “discover” what the community has known for a long time shows just how disconnected the team really is. It’s disheartening.

This sounds like it is the exact same issue we have with world bosses for roughly 2 years now.
40 players plus whoever was in a shard already putting too much strain on the servers.
People blamed corruptions sending too much info, but even without the issue persisted.
Glad it hit the 1%ers and will finally trickle down to the rest of the game… maybe.

1 Like

Has your server performance group taken a look into why most SoD fights experience massive lag on Wednesday/Thursday nights when playing on the OCE realms?

1 Like

It’s cool and all, but now im regulary experiencing a 3 seconds lag every 1-2 mins or so which happens to be insufferable when pushing keys, and i haven’t lagged at any point on SL. What’s up with that?

I lag when I loot trash in dungeons and raids, that’s literally the only time I get it and I play on an OC realm while living in the US, the rest of the time I haven’t had so much as a GCD’s hiccup all expansion, so there’s clearly something odd going on.

Lag has been an ongoing problem since the start of BFA. It’s barely been acknowledged and it’s never been fixed. You lack of communication towards players is not an oversight, it’s just something you don’t really care about and can’t be bothered doing properly.

Been getting the sanctum lag all day, nice to see an update! It’s Fatescribe difficult xD