San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

It would be cool if they had angel wings sort of like the warlock tier when they jump. I hate how those are tied to the helm, though >< But still, like wings that would furl out when you jump.

4 Likes

The sad part is, they could have easily “technically” fulfilled the promise of “new dances” by just making that NPC exclusive human dance available from the Kara ghosts for players. Even if it was for humans only, that would have “technically” fulfilled the request, but they didn’t even do that much.

3 Likes

Me too, that’s why I never use those sets because outside of that I really like them it’s just the helm for them ruins it for me because I’m not into the skull or skulls on armors.

3 Likes

I think the updated Legion version has them tied to the robe instead.

3 Likes

The Tier 5 sets were very well designed, for the most part.

It would have been nice to get higher-res versions of them. I was always a big fan of the Warlock one, though I like the Warrior and Druid ones as well. Really, most of them are solid.

4 Likes

Oh wouldn’t it be cool if the San’layn heritage armor had the wing-unfurl thing on their heritage? I never thought of that but if we’re not to get wings for them (should we ever get them as an AR…) then like… it would be neat.

5 Likes

I’m out of likes and salty about it.

4 Likes

Well now I really do hope we get San’layn as an Allied Race for the Horde instead of just as customizations for Blood Elves and the Horde because that would be and will be absolutely fabulous, still though I’d want new customizations and stuff for Blood Elves to make up for everything we had to share with Void Elves so they can pretend to be us.

2 Likes

Speaking of heritage gear, I still hope they update them sometime. Nightborne and LFD have existing palette swaps that we can’t use, as well as things like giving Nightborne the skirt/pant option that Blood Elves have for theirs.

Untying the chin jewelry from the Nightborne chest might be nice, but that’s my opinion. I’m sure others would disagree.

Oh, and giving the Nightborne men the option for a skimpier chest like the women, and Nightborne women the option for a non-skimpy chest like the men have.

5 Likes

I had hoped that would happen when it became customization options for Nightborne in the dressing room but it’s still there, unfortunately.

Also yes this, I’m all for more revealing armors for men like women, I mean men dress that way too. :fire: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

I want more revealing armors for both as well. That would be nice, I’m tired of some gear trends we’ve had going on for a while.

5 Likes

Yes, it was disappointing they kept it tied. If it was just a barbershop option like the rest, it would give the players more freedom in designing characters.

Agreed. Revealing gear is generally only problematic if it’s a one-way street. Nothing wrong with letting people dress their characters the way they want, as long as it’s equal. That makes it extra annoying that they did that with a nice looking, lore appropriate set for Night Elves, but left it NPC only.

Then when asked if it would be used as a base for the heritage set, they said something along the lines of “If people really like it, we might incorporate one or two pieces from it into the heritage set” which honestly, isn’t sounding like they’ll base the heritage set off of it. It sounds more like we’ll maybe get the belt and shoulders or something at best.

5 Likes

I hope Blizzard starts feeling the same with future armor design. There was another topic in the forums discussing more revealing armor. I generally like to show some skin without being gratuitous myself.

For female characters I tend to like things in this style:

And for male characters, this is a sample of the kind of things I go for:

I wouldn’t mind some more “shorts” options. There’s really only a small number I would consider using. Some newer high res “harness” type chest pieces and/or sleeveless/short sleeve options would be welcome as well.

9 Likes

See the necklace on the middle lady elf is really nice, that’s unobtrusive and I really wish we had more unobtrusive stuff. But it’s linked to transmog >.> And see that’s what it should have been in the first place, idk.

But yeah good choices. I like the shirt on the male elf on the left most elf!

(Really wish we could trim eyebrows yet still >.>)

5 Likes

On another note, I really hate to see this thread devolve into high elf drama when it’s meant to be supporting vampire elves and dark rangers :heart:

6 Likes

Absolutely love that third robe from Legion on female characters, wish they’d do more stuff like it.

2 Likes

Yeah very fair. I’ve ignored/blocked the bullies in question and am moving on. It’s not worth it. They’re trying to derail and it’s just… yeah. I’m tired of dealing with them.

They should just ignore me and block me in all areas so they never have to see me again, and vice versa. That would be nice.

It’s what I’ll be doing.

But yeah, we’ve had some great discussion following, like gear stuff. Lots of fun. Still thing either wings that unfurl when jumping or maybe wings on the shoulders… or cloak! … would be fun. If we ever are to get an AR, of course.

4 Likes

Ugh, you shouldn’t have replied to them then, that will just bring them back now.

2 Likes

Sorry :sob:🫣 I want to see nice people

2 Likes

People here are nice and we always get along, it’s just the people that come here to start drama and legit come to start drama because they haven’t ever been here posting previously and if you read their posts it’s trying to start drama so yeah, I would just prefer them not be called back here if possible.

1 Like