San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Some of us have had the High Elf fantasy since BC playing the actual playable race. But to each their own, I like knowing who has the capital city and kingdom though.

https://i.imgur.com/ZIW7Yra.png

Easy and justified to account for losing visual uniqueness.

2 Likes

" There are no plans to add Allied Races in Patch 10.0. The main focus is on the Dracthyr."

So chances to get a new allied seem to be pretty small for the 10.0. But keep in mind it’s only for the 10.0 so maybe for later. We could have something for the 10.0.5 or 10.1 but I have a big doubt about that.

9 Likes

Putting all of their cards in one restricted class and race is such a horrible idea. My interest just pretty much died.

No customization. No AR.

So much work into something new and not the characters I’d been working on for years.

Looks like the rumor about AR for pre-order is false. See everyone in a few years again I guess. :confused:

It’s so frustrating how they refuse to listen. There was an outrage regarding their ‘no more customization’ in SLs. They then did barely anything. Now all the focus goes onto this ‘shiny new thing’. I guess it might be to attract new players, but it definitely isn’t going to make me play much at all.

No housing, no new customization for what I’ve been playing for years. The only thing that looked interesting was the customizable mount, but that’s not going to get me to play much.

13 Likes

No allied races in 10.0 was a given, but wasn’t the rumor suppose to be at least one for 9.2.5? That’d be when any new allied races would come out with early access like with BfA preorders, assuming the rumor is true. Even with the rumored race or races becoming a preorder incentive for early access, they’d technically be out in 9.2.5.

I’m going to wait and see when 9.2.5 is announced and preorders are opened for Dragonflight before I say the rumor is debunked. Again, nothing is guaranteed and it is very possible the rumor isn’t true, but I’ll see what actually happens before I say it’s false. :wine_glass::bat:

9 Likes

I doubt it to be honest. They keep insisting that they’re focusing so hard on Dracthyr, so the answer is most likely ‘nope, sorry, we’re working too hard on something so restricted because we think we know what you want’ even though we’ve been asking for otherwise for years.

I guess it’s a technicality but with the way they handle and word things and with that much emphasis on “nope sorry all of our attention needs to go to this and this alone”… I doubt it.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Not if you don’t have a soul like the Undead.

#DarkfallenDAB

3 Likes

Some of us have had the High Elf fantasy since BC playing the actual playable race. But to each their own, I like knowing who has the capital city and kingdom though.

I heard the devs will be sending an in-game medal to all belf players to commemorate this achievement.

Pouring so many resources into a race that can only be one class is kinda cringe as well in my opinion. Like just why…

7 Likes

I’m a usual suspect because I have MANY OPINIONS.

I’m exactly Pollyanna-ish enough to hope for something to happen in 9.2.5… And if nothing else, I’ll do my blood elf full quest line and my Dark Iron poke-stuff-with-no-dialogue. And then ride around a lot on my fire dog, which I hope unlocks for all my toons. The green hawkstrider, I’m less thrilled with, but I am ashamed to admit that I never really liked hawkstriders. I dig the tallstriders unironically (ok, and a bit ironically), but hawkstriders never clicked for me.

In the True Confessions vein, I also am hoping that if 9.2.5 involves Darkfallen unlocking… I don’t really know, but frankly I’m underwhelmed with that for Alliance. Maybe because I already have a night elf death knight who is perfect or just every bit of story involving the undead night elves has been annoying, stupid, unexplained, or all of the above.

5 Likes

I can’t stand those ugly chickens. And I’m primarily a blood elf player. They’re among the ugliest class mounts. Perhaps I’d eat my words if they got updates, but as of now, they’re terrible.

5 Likes

Really starting to agree with this. This new dragon race/class at first had me excited but then I saw the only female body form is a human. uck. If they keep it that way I doubt I’ll be able to play it.

4 Likes

They’re very colorful but so inelegant. It’s kind of shocking to me they chose such a clumsy mount for Blood Elves.

6 Likes

I always figured they included them as a reference to Chocobos from Final Fantasy.

10 Likes

Blood Elves deserve a unicorn imo

3 Likes

Clearly they are an allegory for blood elf society in TBC, beautiful elvish forests and architecture but internally a damn mess filled with political strife and underhanded tactics.

Or…they are just a weird mount :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Kinda hoping there’s surprise customization additions anyways. I won’t hold my breath but after seeing void elves get into the core race pass, then some how again in the AR pass (despite not being an AR that needed another pass when some core races haven’t had a second pass) you never know what could end up happening.

Given how easy it would theoretically be to for the options in question to work as customization.

3 Likes

I would kind of like a giant version on the lynxes.

They’re definitely still thriving in Eversong, whereas we haven’t seen the unicorns there in game. Maybe Arthas got them.

Besides, it is an innate elf trait to want to ride a giant cat.

More seriously, while I mostly use the PvP unicorns on my blood elves, I would kick someone in the shin for an arcane version of the Lightforged mech – like a magical golem to pilot.

Or a blood version. The blood golems were cool.

2 Likes

While I’m still excited for Dracthyr, they do have some issues that seem to put a damper on said excitement that makes me hope it isn’t a trend to have such limited races and classes in the future.

Prefacing this post by saying this is all in my own personal opinion.

The lack of armor showing on the Dracthyr dragonform, other than shoulders, tabards, and waist slots to my knowledge is very disappointing since my Dacthyr characters are going to wander about mostly in their birthday suits. Yet their humanoid forms get to wear all the mail transmogs for all slots despite not being able to be in combat (something they’re looking at changing) and the dragonkin form being needed for attacks as an Evoker, from my understanding. It’s sorta like if Worgen couldn’t wear much armor but their human form can despite not being able to be in combat with them. Just seems a bit lazy to not have Dracthyr’s main form wear armor.

The Evoker class being limited to Dracthyr and vice versa also just seems like a waste of resources to make something more niche. Having classes that multiple races can be adds much more to the game and world building in general. It’s a reason I wasn’t really fond of Demon Hunters, especially since it seems like there is a trend of new classes (and also races) having a starting area you’re stuck going through instead of being out in the open world (of Warcraft!). Not to mention several other classes that have been requested and would have more variety get pushed aside. Seeing as new classes come at a slower pace than new races, who knows if/when we’ll see new classes in the future?

My hope is that it doesn’t become a trend. As I said, I’d hate to see Darkfallen only being able to be Hunters or a new class of some kind, like if Dark Rangers were a class. Or seeing playable San’layn, but they can only be a Blood Mage. It just makes these races a bit one note, like the example I used if Pandaren could only be Monks.

As I said, I’m still excited for them, but seeing the info about them has lowered them a bit. If anything, I take some solace in that it seems to open more doors for playable Sethrak and Saurok in different ways and also lets all three be unique compared to each other.

Hopefully, should we see playable San’layn/Darkfallen, they’ll get better treatment and can be multiple classes and such. :wine_glass::bat:

7 Likes

That was exactly the inspiration.

4 Likes