San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Got pretty close to this with the skin/eye customizations that came out as a result of the one Forsaken questline at the end of Shadowlands.

Not nearly close enough.

Still need…

Separate the eyes from the skintone!
Give more dead skin tone options for other skin colors!
Allow the eyes on death knights!
Give more San’layn options like claws, fangs, ears and scars!

Oh also let DKs use the red eyes…

5 Likes

I don’t want more elf garbage.

I’ll let you know if I see any. Thankfully thats never happened. Cheers. :wine_glass: :bat:

4 Likes

I wanted to be able to play an undead void-aligned elf on the alliance for ages (because we had light lover, you see, but why not the other?) and it’s happened so I’m just here to throw my support behind your dream for San’layn.

Provided they can include some sort of nice story quirk since they did technically work for Sylvanas during BFA and then were never heard from again. >.> Even if that quirk is something like the desolate council agreeing to make the remains of them part of the forsaken out of understanding and them simply wanting to move forward in undeath.

Actually, this could be done in short work by having a single line of dialogue blaming Sylvanas and then Blizz wouldn’t HAVE to create an entire questline for it if they didn’t want to. :rofl:

1 Like

We do see them last on the boats the Alliance confronted Drevan on after the Horde player returns from the water and after Drevan is dead.

Several of his acolytes survived and likely remained with the Horde at least for awhile after if not just stayed overall.

I think having them join the Forsaken is a very good move, and while I’d love to see them as an AR, adding more customization would be acceptable.

They really could easily blame most of the objectionable parts of that bfa story on Drevan alone and it would make fine sense.

5 Likes

If San’layn ever happen maybe they can use some other undead as inspiration for some customization.

For example banshee hair.

8 Likes

That would be wonderful!

New hair options based on the Banshee would be quite unique indeed!

5 Likes

I am once again posting to show my support for a San’layn allied race!

…and also red eyes for Death Knights.

…and also Death Knights to be available to aforementioned San’layn allied race.

8 Likes

Then don’t use it, I don’t go raging when other races get stuff I can’t use or I won’t use, I just keep asking for stuff that I want for the races that I want it for.

10 Likes

As hard as it has been to keep up the playable Horde San’layn dream, I’m still sending monthly in-game suggestions of them and referring to this megathread.

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

I still feel like there is opportunity still for playable Horde San’layn. While it may end up as just customization options for LARPing Blood Elves, I don’t really want to give up at present, but I will admit it can be hard to get motivated given how customization races have been treated.

My birthday is later this month. Maybe my birthday wish will be granted this year. Of course, I’m sure you can guess what my wish would be. :crocodile: :japanese_ogre: :tiger2: :bat: :bear:

Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn someday! :wine_glass::bat:

6 Likes

Bag, I totally miss seeing your posts all the time in threads. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

Happy Early Birthday though and I’ll say it again when you post when it is your birthday. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

4 Likes

If other races get a comparable number of customization options as the dracthyr belves can absorb undead and fel belves into their options.

This of course wouldn’t take over the core theme of blood elves.

5 Likes

Still would love to see them decouple the red eyes so we can get some darker skinned Darkfallen. I did notice a darkfallen in DF questing by the hot springs area. Fun stuff.

It would be nice for then to use the undead dk skin tones as well at least.

With the trading post I hope to see some San’Layn inspired transmog sets especially some bat wing mogs.

They could add some facial tattoos as helms maybe. I like using stuff that shows the eyes on my darkfallen rogue. The sunglasses are cool.

It would be cool to see San’Layn join the horde but it feels unlikely. I wish we got at least some of the suggested cosmetics for blood elves/void elves at least.

The other side of Azeroth is hinted in the future. The old gods are becoming more relevant. Which makes me think if the curse of flesh and blood magic are related. We see Anima in shadowlands. But The san’layn had an old god connection with the saronite halls. The blood vrykul it wasnt shown where they originated from. So perhaps the lore may point us to old gods or the other continent!

Blood magic and Venthyr magic may be very different or share similarities with anima magic. I am intrigued by this prospect with the lies of the titans and Avalon being teased.

3 Likes

:dracthyr_heart:

Well said Naughty!!!

Its like my stance w -Do I play Night Elves? Not really, do I think it’s weird that just like BEs guys are locked from using jewelry options? Yes. Do I want that unlocked for everyone, yes.

5 Likes

I’m still around! Mostly in my two megathreads and a few other race request megathreads of races I want to see playable. Occasionally other megathreads when I find something to share for them.

I’ve also been busy IRL. Aside from an annoying health issue, which has been more annoying than serious from what I can tell, I’ve been thinking about whether to try to start my career again, which I’ve had to put on hold for various reasons beyond my control, or continue my education and try for a higher degree or something. My posts in general have been slower as a result.

I don’t want to give up on playable Horde San’layn, but as I said, it gets hard to get motivated. Especially given Darkfallen as a customization race and no San’layn presence in sight anywhere. My disappointment with customization race treatment in general continues to grow, with worries that we’d get a few San’layn customization options without actual San’layn shown joining and being part of the Horde.

I may try to start doing more posts here in the future however. I’ll see if I get inspired, but the steep hill to climb has become a bit of a rocky mountain now.

I don’t see it unlikely still. They have been offered to join before and have pretty great storyline potential. Not to mention the whole vampire theme being unique and likely something very popular still. It’s very much workable and not impossible.

I guess a lot depends on future expansion storylines and whether San’layn stop getting hit with the villain bat or not. Still have some hope, despite how hard it feels to do so at times.

-Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

It feels unlikely since they gave both sides the dark ranger customization. And it seems joining the horde/alliance has a bit less meaning now since we aren’t warring each other. And being more nice to each other.

2 Likes

They aren’t coming.

Technically they’re still up in the air too.

Drevan was gone but his acolytes were still around after.

San’layn could join the Horde at any time.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a bit weird to see that happen. Moreso since the Alliance now seem like hypocrites in letting undead elves run around their capital cities without question while wanting to cave in undead humans at first sight, whether they’ve been part of the Horde or not. Not that I’m entirely against the idea, provided that something is shown how the Alliance has come to that decision and dealing with it as opposed to…well, just being given what feels like a discount goodie bag of cosplay material without mention of sudden acceptance of undead elves.

With San’layn at the very least, they have been pretty much vampiric Blood Elves, so the idea of getting their free will back and wanting to reconnect with their kin in Silvermoon at least makes sense. A lot of San’layn storyline can result in that, working around the distrust they may have, especially with Darkfallen in general now being more accepted and likely having some sway over the new undead council in Undercity. Maybe some could speak up for San’layn who are trying to deal with sudden free will with a side of vampiric curses.

As such, playable races don’t necessarily have to join a faction because of war against the other faction. And I still think having vampiric features and racials gives a good reason to have them as their own character slot. Zombies are different than vampires, of course.

Still up in the air though how big those chances are. They’re not 0%, so maybe some hope can flourish.

-Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes