San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Things like this are how I feel that they could implement other races, tbh, and play into the sub-factions doing whatever they want to cause problems. Small threats popping up for the other adventurers left on Azeroth. Like there’s no way we exterminated all of the cult of the damned or the blood mages in burning steppes. If there are dreadlords roaming about, we can be pretty sure that by now, they’re not just sticking to Revendreth.

Though I have a sneaking suspicion that we’re being left without knowledge so that they can do some kind of time hop in the future? Maybe just reserving things on Azeroth for future storytelling they don’t want to spoil yet. No idea, but they hinted at “when we get back” during blizzcon interviews, iirc.

2 Likes

Agreed with this so much. It would really bring flavor to the game, and I’m personally so done with the faction war. Smaller conflicts with groups that have issues would be nice. Also yeah, I wonder what they’re planning on doing in general with those dreadlords!

Oh really? I should start paying attention more. I feel like WoWhead sometimes doesn’t post everything when it comes to interviews like that.

1 Like

I’ve been skimming through old videos to try to find the point where they mentioned it (but god these videos are so long), which is why so many people assumed we’d be stuck in Shadowlands throughout this entire expansion. There are a lot of quests that make you go back to Azeroth, so there’s no real concrete explanation of whether that’s the case.

1 Like

I wish they would copy past one of the tempest keep structures in the air where it is now and make the old spot a crater with a teleport to go up to the ship.

They they can say it’s fixed, just messy inside.

4 Likes

All this discussion about a return to Azeroth has me hoping that they’re listening on that end too! I know there’s a large group of people who want that. I don’t think we will know any sort of 9.2 content for a few months though, and I sort of wonder if they will do that online blizzcon this year.

5 Likes

A return to Azeroth in general would be very welcomed. I’d be happy to be back in familiar territory and feel a connection to the living world (of Warcraft!) again.

As for Blizzconline, I’m sure there will be one of some kind next year. When that will be, I can’t say, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t do one. Especially since WotLK Classic would get announced there, along with the next WoW Retail expansion (hopefully).

We’ll keep the light on for you if you decide to come back, I’m still planning to support this megathread going forward, though it won’t be the same without you.

Someone has to give San’layn some love after all! :wine_glass::bat:

5 Likes

The ideal time would have been a N’zoth expansion after BFA.

They remake each zone with a bunch of stand alone stories that high and low levels can do together through scaling and the Max Level N’zoth Content is a phased dream world in each zone.

6 Likes

That would be so neat, I like that idea. And maybe leakage too into the non-phased-dream world that people would need to take care of. This would be a good opportunity to update the zones.

Still hoping they utilize the rampaging scourge or something for a plotline, as that’s not really been looked into aside from the prepatch. They kinda just threw it all onto the Argent Crusade, but my DK’s entire responsibility is to fight the scourge. This would also open an opportunity for free-willed San’layn to join the factions via Blood Elf customization ‘night warrior’-like storyline.

6 Likes

Aw thanks very much :slight_smile: I do hope our ideas come to fruition someday. Have to say I’m not too excited about what could be announced given I have 0 interest in any sort of classic stuff though. As for future expansions… eh. I guess we can hope it will get better.

7 Likes

I’ll help keep the lights on in this thread as well.

7 Likes

With Halloween coming up later this month, I’ve been looking up some fun Halloween-related recipes. One recipe I came across is a Vampire Drink (non-alcoholic) which also includes a small recipe to make edible “blood” (no real blood involved). You can see the video here:

Thought I would share it since it fits the theme of San’layn. :wine_glass::bat:

6 Likes

Looks delicious!

4 Likes

I like the idea of posting halloween recipes, art, costume ideas, and more in this thread, given it’s appropriate. And relevant! Something like that could be added as a food item to the game, after all.

For example, I got a corset recently that looks awesome. I think corsets would be a great design for vampyr in general. Very gothic ideas and such like that. Maybe for formal gatherings. Definitely not ever for combat…couldn’t even imagine. shudder

6 Likes

I forget who was mentioning it before but am now giving True Blood a re watch.

Also was considering (when ever I get there in my own time when I’m meant to lol) taking Lannister here to night fae but the Venthyr armor looks nice I saw and I’m still hoping for a Venthyr connection for San’layn

4 Likes

A Venthyr connection to the San’layn would make the most sense, in my opinion, and why I’m frustrated that the vampyr curse/San’layn haven’t been mentioned.

On the bright side, perhaps they are saving that supposed lore for 9.2 or 9.3. Whatever the case, I actually speculate something sort of interesting as well.

NOTE: BELOW THIS LINE IS STRICTLY SPECULATION
The curse originating from Revendreth, yes, as some sort of experiment, torture mechanism, what have you. The Dreadlords, under the rule of Denathrius, would be sent to spread it to Azeroth, giving it to Arthas to utilize, but also cursing objects for things like the Vry’kul (possible origin of Lucard?) to find. Which is also how, possibly, those vampirates were turned. More of those cursed objects that would emit that mist, kill them, and raise them as bloodthirsty vampyr.

There are certainly many pathways to consider, but yes, logically the origin being from Revendreth at this point makes the most sense, and I really hope they make that connection or address it.

Edit: Meaning you could be turned via bite or overexposure to the red mist.

8 Likes

I came across a simple recipe for “vampire cookies.” Strawberry jam is used to act as the “blood” filling:

Makes me think that San’layn would have something similar as a recipe, though maybe with a certain other type of filling. :wine_glass::bat:

6 Likes

I’ll share some music I enjoy that features vampires in the music videos!

Seems like we’re now having a Halloween party in this thread hahaha :bat: What are some of your favorite San’layn mogs? I know some of the Revendreth stuff works well for San’layn characters. Have any of you folks put anything fun together?

Here’s Falls’s full mog:

Also here’s Lana’thel with a guitar.

8 Likes

I love Halloween/Samhain! Party away!

6 Likes

I haven’t commented on anything since the other night just given likes but this is amazing. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

No idea if I have enough sass on the forums anyway to even qualify for this meme but I am posting it anyway.

Edit: Also here’s some art I did ^^

8 Likes