San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

I think people have issues accepting that whether customization options are copy/paste or not they are still new options if they didn’t have them previously.

It seems all druids will get dredbat customization to choose from with travel form! I wonder how we will unlock this! Hope to get vampire druids one day!

1 Like

San’layn are a race that I like in the horde, I would like them to include them along with the Taunka, Wood Trolls, Ogres and Gilgoblin.

3 Likes

yup, sorta makes me think of bat eyes as well, so it’s fitting.

I’d like to see them build a big gothic castle in deatholme…maybe get some building tips from dredgers then add more blood elven accents to the mix.

I’d think it also depends on if your original body is raised (memory loss) vs returning as your new shadowlands body as Kael could (no memory loss).

plus the DKs were as well, now they are defenders of Azeroth

I’d like to see Arthas lead :smiley:

I’d say orcs. There’s some that are almost exact other than an arm moved or having the stance mirrored. I don’t see Pandaren in them at all. Which makes sense as they are used for Rexxar and linked back to Vrykul that were derived from orc animations too.

2 Likes

I may be a solid Alliance player, however San’layn MUST be Horde.

I’d say either a new frame or use the rare NPC High Elf mixing in some Blood Elf like the dance agility for some fun.

As far as lore, just imagine a Blood DK San’layn, the concept just gives me CHILLS.

I’d say classes would be Warrior, Warlock, Priest, Druid, Shaman (Blood, imagine that spec), and easily DK. Past that is possible, just typing as I think for now.

This would be balanced by me adding Ere’dar to Alliance joining the Lightforged and normal Draenei kinda like the Dwarfs, just definitely different enough to be their own thing, too.

2 Likes

I am so glad the “Redeemed”, AKA, Lightforged Undead never became a thing.

4 Likes

The casting animations, as I have a pandaren shaman and kul tiran shaman. They have similar casting stuff. It is shared by the necrolord mage ability form.

I’ll have to have a look, maybe they animation targetted some of the casting animations.
The body idle, reaching to the sky casting animation, kneel, and others are all very orc or maybe it’s more Thrall.

3 Likes

Dropping in support of san’layn as an AR, or along with a model toggle with dark rangers for the forsaken.

2 Likes

I still want them as an Allied Race… for Horde… dark rangers could be a customization for forsaken yeah I guess…

4 Likes

Argh I’m out of likes again XD But yes, I love the sentiment. I do hope for an Allied Race above all, but either blood elf customization or forsaken toggle would work (yes, my stance on that has dramatically changed). They would need to rig the animation to the blood elf model though if it was a forsaken toggle. Granted, they’d make a ton in race changes, though, for sure.

Also yeah thank gods for this x.x

But yeah, I adore the idea of a Blood DK San’layn.

I think Eredar would be a really neat pairing, yeah. It’d be great irony too considering blood elves were paired with Draenei. I know many also really want Eredar added too. I’d even roll one myself. (Actually, the new draeni tails are really cool, I might need to look into that, but I hadn’t been as interested in them before.)

Edit: If we do somehow get granted an awesome AR, I’d love to have a cloud of bats mount x.x

6 Likes

San’layn for the Horde! Fully supporting all the suggestions posted here, keep up the great work everyone!

P.S. Also BE druids since now Bats are a travel form :bat:

8 Likes

Ah yeah I’d adore druids so much on blood elves or San’layn (via the death part of druidism, of course.) Longshot for San’layn, but good to at least bring it up. Blood Elves might have a chance someday.

There’s a potion or spell, or something, that turns the user into some sort of mist. I feel like they can use that concept and just add tiny bat flying animations (sort of like we see with the Hallow’s End Hearthstone, and I’ll toss and example here as well) to the mist. That way we’d have a ‘cloud of bats’.

Also, I wanted to bring up these screenshots again. Just cause they were fun. These are from October of 2018! So much time has passed, yet they still look neat.

Fun fact: This was prior to the toy release of turning into bosses, by the way!

Edit: October of 2018. It’s been over 3 years since I started this (Started it back on the old forums.) Can you believe it? :sweat:

8 Likes

These are the new bat druid forms! If we somehow get San’layn druids/ or blood elf druids one day (with undead customization) we will be able to at least do the vampire turning into a bat trope! Love that we are getting new forms, I hope they consider adding different animal types to the cat and bear forms, such as spiders which we saw the darkfallen polymorphing there allies into in ICC. I mentioned a while back on how San’layn/blood elves could be botanists and that polymorphing would be there form of shapeshifting, but with a harvester of wrath being the fury of elune ( a former night warrior) I believe vampires themselves can still be druids. That lore addition has cool implications for the future.

8 Likes

The Harpy model based on NE’s would maybe be an interesting option for ideas, too.

Also, I think the more dhampyr side like D from Vampire Hunter D would be a vastly more interesting story angle. Come up with some way to have half-undead Forsaken, return them to full flesh models and treat them like the Addams Family for Forsaken and The Munsters for the San’layn.

The ideas could be truly sick and twisted, just make them funny too so it’s more Halloween all year rather than just one day…

Still, any ideas hopefully starting up here with this helpful bump?

Edit: Blade.

Forgot Blade.

Woo, I get all shivery and tingly, ooh, the options abound…

1 Like

It’s been years of ideas being shared in this thread and people still surprise me with amazing ones, wow! I hadn’t thought of any of this, thank you so much for your contribution! I like that. I don’t know much about the lore you mentioned, but living or only partially dead vampires is my GAME. The lore for vampires in a book I wrote has living vampires, and I prefer ‘living’ or ‘living like’ lore above ‘more dead’ variations, including biology, et cetra.

But yeah, there could be both comedic and really dark elements to the race. I embarrassingly also still need to see Blade, I have that on my to-do list soon.

As for the harpy models, here’s some examples I’ll post for context for you:

I think those models do look neat, I like that.

…And… what if we swapped those bird features for bat ones? REALLY make the San’layn different. They would have quite a few bat-like features in that case. I wouldn’t be opposed to that. They’d be really monstrous AND pretty at the same time, I feel, something I enjoy. Could get inspiration from the Stoneborne.

Sort of like a mixture of the ideas and models.

And that’s the thing - we really don’t have much lore on how MUCH the curse can modify San’layn. Lana’thel has wings, the blood princes have modified ears and we don’t know how their mouths look. There could be a variety of ways the curse impacts those inflicted, we don’t know - meaning they could take creative freedom in any direction they go with this and the lore, which is exciting, since nothing is set in stone.

The Stoneborn-looking ideas could work too if the curse’s origins is indeed Revendreth, which people strongly speculate.

10 Likes

Or, and here’s the fun part, put together a NICE and LOOOONG list of options…

And let the player play around with it all to customize their own character?

Just a thought…

Edit: If I were a Dev, I’d put as much of the “Curse” as I could under player control as customizable options. Saves me from “Forced Curse” argument.

6 Likes

Oh.

Blade.

Blade II

Blade Trinity

3 Likes

Now I just want to play as a harpy after that :cry:

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’d totally play a harpy. Always thought they were neat. Shame we’ve only seen them as antagonists, but there’s a wild goddess that’s on our side, so perhaps there’s a kind group of harpies somewhere.

5 Likes