San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

I don’t see it either.

They killed the gnome and grinded him into bones and meat.

6 Likes

Those San’layn killed horde soldiers and ate them

Not only are those arguments pretty nonsensical in terms of Kael’thas, but the Alliance now have the high elf aesthetic AND void elves.

San’layn should go Horde. Not Alliance. Nearly everyone who wants San’layn wants them on Horde, not a faction that will constantly despise them for being undead. Alliance doesn’t have to get everything horde asks for for goodness sakes. Many players begged for high elves and got them. I don’t know why some are now demanding San’layn. (No, I know not everyone, just a small section of people who don’t argue with logic.)

10 Likes

Honestly, I’d feel weird having San’layn in Alliance.

8 Likes

That would be weird unless they make all races nuetral imo. Like I wouldn’t even mind nuetral factions I’d probably switch all my alliance races to horde : 3. But like if we keep this alliance/horde stuff then San’layn and the undead rangers should probably stick on horde.

4 Likes

dissolve factions

5 Likes

I’m all for neutral guilds myself. Canon wise before I stopped playing, mine was a neutral antihero guild IC. It would end the arguments on who goes where too. If only.

Not gonna lie sort of want a fierce gnome character on horde hehe. I just find them funny. My gnome warrior is venthyr. I liked that gnome vampire art that someone linked a while ago on this thread. She is a fierce force to be reckoned with! Also a fan of the dwarves with the tattoos. Dark iron seem like they would fit in with the horde naturally.

So a preview of 9.1.5 was recently shown by Blizzard, and while nothing San’layn is shown here, there are quite a number of community requests on there:

My hope is that this is the start of Blizzard taking community feedback and requests into serious consideration as oppose to being a one-time thing. Time will tell which direction is taken.

However, in case player feedback is being considered, I do feel a bit more motivated to continue onward with race megathread support in general. A lot of good ideas for playable races have been given by passionate players, and Horde San’layn would be one of them.

Of course, it isn’t a guarantee and it’ll be awhile before we see new races of any sort, but I do feel like continuing marching in support of playable Horde San’layn still. You never know what’ll happen in the future, and maybe there is a chance if our feedback might be getting considered.

We’ll see what happens as we continue onward, but I’ll be flying my Horde San’layn flag high as I march in support for them and other races to become playable! :wine_glass::bat:

3 Likes

All the Alliance got was a bunch of blood elves, who at a random moment turned purple, forgot they spent years hating and despising Alliance in Silvermoon and then, being exiled, spent other years never looking for their cousins ​​in Dalaran, to then come to alliance as a placebo.

Purple void elves are just something done grudgingly.
It wasn’t what many wanted and it certainly doesn’t even convey the feeling of something related to the alliance but something coming from the horde.

Garbage discarded but that’s ok.
The alliance has always been receiving corrupted wishes or being ignored.

But now it’s too late we’ve gotten something so badly done that we have to keep hearing people complaining that we stole something from the Horde or people angry that our blood elves have customizations that Horde blood elves don’t.

I agree. I never imagined San’layn as a race for the Alliance.
That doesn’t stop me from supporting something for the game, as requested by Fallynn.
All my posts here are supporting their coming to the horde.

Ehh you say that and they are the most popular alliance allied race… lol. I love my void elves, but we all know it was blizzard’s way of adding high elves. Wish there usual corrupt a wish approach where they literally corrupted a race.

Blood elves are the most popular breed in the game.
Painting them purple or green doesn’t change that.

I guess people are attracted to the pretty races. Generally speaking. But that is every mmo.

I don’t play Horde, but I’m with you! I think these options would be perfect for Blood Elves.

3 Likes

Hoping for Sethrak for the Alliance myself!

Wow though, I just saw that update and it was a big surprise. I hope they’re looking into company wide changes too for better treatment of employees and taking the things presented in the lawsuit seriously.

As for the game changes, I know a TON in the community wanted to freely be able to swap covenants. The thing I wanted is there too - I HATED the stupid reward restrictions for the covenants. But…that appears to be resolved now. What a pleasant surprise. I hated the covenant system because of those restrictions and am thrilled to see them in the garbage at max renown, super sweet.

Well, there’s hope they’re paying attention to threads like this, and other Allied Race megathreads. I guess it’ll be time to time out some scenarios as well relating to Kael’thas potentially returning to leading the San’layn, who knows. Could pick up our ideas here. Long time ago I actually wanted to be a writer for the company.

4 Likes

Yeah. Just try painting a gnome purple and say we have void gnomes.
See how many people are going to be stunned.

They would love it!

I shall be using that Kyrian wing mog a bunch. A lot of dark angel stuff with the Revendreth transmogs! The maldraxxi crystals are also good. My night fae leather wearers now get cooler set options for the expansions. And it’ll be nice to use all the shadowlands mounts for sure.

Since Blizzard might be looking into these threads more, I’m going to tackle some lore ideas:

Kael’thas Scenario
Mighty simple, Kael’thas is given a chance to return to Azeroth and help his people via the San’layn. He retains his memories since Shadowlands is now open. He teams up with the remainder of the San’layn in hiding to aid the Horde, particularly against the scourge. Very complex characters and such can be written for this, but it’s a brief overview.

Lana’thel’s Return
Lana’thel is brought back, breaking from the shackles and confusion of the Mawsworn ressurecting her (possibly killing them). She vanishes for some time with the two blood princes that were also being brought back. Now, no longer under control of ANYONE, she is free to work toward redemption and bringing her people together, working from the shadows against the evil scourge and sending her minions to do so in order to earn a place in the Horde.

Missing Blood Princes (My favorite option)
The Blood Princes Theraldis and Atherann have been working from the shadows for YEARS to help the Horde with their people. Dreven broke off too early and failed, but they still want to join the Horde. They continue to help from the shadows, particularly v. the scourge threat right now, and emerge to present their case, along with how much they’ve helped, to the Horde, with the help of the Horde hero. We could even have 2 blood kings.

I wanted to bring my headcanon here too, in case people are interested in reading how I played my San’layn prior to quitting, and in case certain people want to take ideas for actual implementation.

8 Likes

New customization preview! Pretty stuff!

3 Likes