San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

There’s a yellow-y green one I used on Zuro for years until last April or so. But full beige we’ve never had, unfortunately.

I changed because it didn’t fit the mog I was using, now that you’ve reminded me I’ll jump back.

3 Likes

I SOOOOOO miss the glyph CLAWS OF SHRIVALLAH. Seriously wish they never removed that. I would much rather they make glyphs fun again and make them partly cosmetic. I would so use that glyph.

Call me stupid then, lol. The first time I got to play as one in MoP (?) I was wanting to have them playable and have a racial to throw poop at players. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Wasn’t that a talent? In WoD. I don’t remember it being a glyph. They should bring it back as a cat and moonkin form at least.

1 Like

There was a talent for feral druids that made their cat form into a Saberon.

1 Like

They should be new forms now that druids can pick forms in the barbershop next week. The Bastion constructs also use the Arrokoa skeleton so maybe those could be new moonkin forms for Kyrian Druids.

I’d like red skin draenei for the horde as well. Man’ari warlocks for the horde!

1 Like

Somand’s orc responds to Zuro’s velf. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Yes, it was a talent. Not sure why I called it a glyph except that I was always hoping they would turn it into a glyph since it’s removal. Nice catch.

2 Likes

I marathon’d Lord of the Rings last night and now see why people are obsessed with the tree mount :stuck_out_tongue: I hope we get something like that.

Time to say something controversial: The elves in there were boring as well. What is it with people’s obsession with mary-sue races? Argh. Definitely didn’t spark love for the Alliance like I’m sure it did for many people.

But as its own entity, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Lots of neat battle scenes. Was easy to love or hate characters properly. I can definitely see why it’s such an important part of fantasy. I just wish everyone would stop saying everything has to be exactly like it! (Like WoW even though I saw MANY similarities!)

4 Likes

I voted tree.

Thank god most people voted the same

Agreed, they had more depth in the Silmarillion.

Try the books some day, there’s some things the movies get wrong that make me angry

2 Likes

Yeah I began book 1 a while ago and there was no Bill the Pony in the movies! They didn’t go into that story which made me sad! D: I got through most of it but need to finish the rest and the other 2 for sure.

Edit: I also voted book because it woulda been so cool having a flapping book, but as long as the silly cat or nerubian (we have blood ticks) didn’t win, I was fine

2 Likes

No Tom Bombadil >:(

The way the movies did Pelenor Fields makes me salty though, it’s like Peter Jackson was like

“Okay, how many things from the book can we disregard or change for this while not ruining the story overall”

3 Likes

I wanted Nerubians. But I didn’t know what a swarmer was I thought it was like this https://www.wowhead.com/news=317834/fan-made-concept-images-of-the-free-shadowlands-mounts#screenshots:317834:4

This would have been cool too as he the race was a heroe in Heroes of the Storm and WC3

Yeah they’d have my vote in a heartbeat if they were the actual spider people. Sadly, it’d just have been another blood tick.

1 Like

I do hope we see the Nerubians come back in the story somehow. Or at least the beetle guy. They look perfect for Maldraxxus type of characters. Then again they were a old god based race… I wonder where they go and the Kliaxxi.

2 Likes

I just wanted the warpaint covered warrior elves from WC2 / beta WC3. :frowning:

Guess I’ll have to make due with Dragonrider’s Harness on mail, and Spirebreaker’s Harness on leather, and sadly do without face markings.

I did too. I liked all of the candidates, didn’t really have a preference, so let someone else pick my vote for me. They chose tree.

5 Likes

Still hoping to see San’layn customization or an Allied race.

Bill the Pony is in the Fellowship of the Ring. You see him with the fellowship up until Moria where you see a sad Sam say goodbye to him and Aragorn consoling Sam.

Remember, there is only so much you can put into a movie without it being too long. I have the Extended Edition DVDs with all the behind-the-scenes stuff. It’s fascinating to watch, how they created the trilogy and their reasons why they did what they did.

If you can, I urge you and everyone to watch that stuff.

3 Likes

I should give it a try one of these days. I watched the trilogy way back when, but I was an edgy teen so I skipped the Shire parts.

2 Likes

I like the movie trilogy of LOTR! I tried to watch the Hobbit trilogy each one in theatres and fell asleep in each one and like I’d wake up an hour later and it was still the same fighting scene I fell asleep during, I was like “oh we still doing this little thing here sigh.”

I’ve never read the books I’m more of a Martin fan and the LOTR Tolkien fans on Quora always put down Martin likes it’s a comparison they feel the need to make and it turns me off to reading them but I might consider it one day when I have time, I’m really going all in to learn Mandarin these past months so a bit occupied.

I am thankful whether people like or dislike or are neutral to LOTR though I’m thankful that Blizzard took steps away from its vision of fantasy for WoW.

1 Like