San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

I found the article on Wowhead that shows the datamined assets:

Very promising, indeed. Hopefully, this helps raise the San’layn’s chances of being an allied race, since Death Knights would be a natural fit for them, in my opinion.

…not sure what to think about Lightforged Draenei Death Knights, though. I feel like they would explode if they underwent the process to be a death knight.

Will think on this some and post more thoughts later. :smiley:

7 Likes

Il’gynoth: Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.
The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.
When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.
The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.
Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters’ way.
The blind queen wields a scepter of bone. From the deep she calls forth doom.
The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

“Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.”

Apparently the Father of Sleep is a Farraki loa of Death called Mueh’zala. I’m not familiar either, but he wants to consume the world…so I’m wondering if this is gonna be Bwonsamdi’s master. Could also be the hungering entity that Sylvanas is serving.

So I’m reading that line as N’zoth being the last shadow as he’s kinda the last old god for us to defeat.

If there’s a lead in to a death expansion, this kinda makes sense.

I also agree, Calia is likely the vacant throne bit.

Kinda wonder if the lanterns could be the dragonflights.

2 Likes

Holy crap…

They might actually be doing it. If allied races can be death knights… then…

There’s hope!

4 Likes

I’m willing to bet that the “Father of Sleep” is Mueh’zala. It’s literally one of his titles afterall. Not to mention he’s a Loa that’s heavily associated with death and the Shadowlands.

crosses fingers for a death-themed expansion

5 Likes

Well, I’m at least starting to get some hope back. The return to Northrend news did give me hope, and with Halloween around the corner, no doubt people’s mind will be on the supernatural monsters. Including vampires. This is our chance to expand our ideas even further too.

So, let me propose something highly unusual. What if the San’layn, which haven’t been expanded so much, had different ‘clans’ like in Vampire the Masquerade? And they had a racial similar to the Zandalari, except this could be purely for flavor. I don’t know what each ‘clan’ (or, a better word imo, ‘coven’) would represent, and what flavor it would bring. But it’s still a fun idea to think about, especially since Bloodlines is getting a bit more hype lately.

I mean, look at this:

It’s one of the introductions for the clans. It’d be cool if Blizzard was inspired a bit by these concepts to bring in some flavor to the San’layn, you know?

2 Likes

Not to be negative, since this is more a neutral statement. And before I get to it…I’d actually rather have these than high elves, but hey maybe san’layn+high elves at same time. Alliance could finally get something they want without corrupt a wish

In any case. Look at beta for each pre-release expansion. Does ANYTHING in beta change to player influence? Very little. Even the bugs and glitches (which are sometimes obvious and heavily reported) often remain.

No matter if there is a thread with 10 billion people saying they want high elves and san layn, will…okay maybe 10 billion people would have an effect…but looking at the replies to both san layn and high elves is in the low 1000s sadly. It would take an effect of hordes of people (100s of thousands or millions) wanting wow classic for blizzard to accept a suggestion

So in that case…that isn’t gonna happen for high elves and san layn. Maybe blizzard will add them, that be amazing.

But the point is before I ramble off too much my point…no matter what is suggested blizzard already knows what races they are gonna add, what classes will be added in the future and what the next expansion will be. No one has any effect on blizzard’s future of wow since blizzard has already decided 99% of it. They don’t even make changes in beta and very little listening to player feedback.

Granted its still nice to show support on forums, just gotta know blizzard very rarely listens to feedback and its usually if they see it makes them money and/or hordes of people request for it (like wow classic). WoW’s future is set in stone pretty much, and players have little feedback in the direction it goes. Its not a choose your own adventure game, its a read this book with a designated journey, but maybe the next book will have player feedback added…or not

I do believe that and it does sadden me–however, we miss all shots we don’t try, and I’ve always had that mentality. For example, the books I’ve written might not ever get anywhere, but I wrote them anyway, and am working on sequels too. I’ve queried and gotten rejected a few times already–and will continue to get rejected, no doubt. It’s disheartening, but if I never wrote them to begin with, I’d be in even less of a spot that meant anything.

While we all really, really want these folks to be added, we know that there’s a low chance.

But despite that, every idea counts. You never know if a dev pokes the thread and sees something they like for future planning, no matter how far in the future it might be. Therefore, even if the chances are extremely low, like say… the Sha mount drop chance (I have it, believe it or not!) we gotta try.

And if we don’t end up making it? That’s alright. At least we can indeed say we’ve tried, yeah?

6 Likes

They should have every Horde race on at the new council table and a San’layn should just show up.

“What? We where technically never uninvited…”

8 Likes

yeah definitely :slight_smile: And count me in as one who wants to see san’layn. Though tbh lightforged undead seem kinda cool to me I know some in this thread think they are dumb but I like the idea. They look cool, I think thats mostly why I like them. But I’d still rather have san’layn. And hopefully alliance get their sethrak or high elves

Who knows, maybe blizzard surprises everyone and actually adds two majorily requested allied races. We’ll see. Definitely doesn’t hurt to show blizzard that people want them and maybe it’ll influence their decision a bit or not but maybe it will. I’d love to play san’layn. A lot of good ideas in this thread about them, a huge amount and quite a lot of work put into what could be a cool race.

2 Likes

5 Likes

One of the reasons I started posting on the forums was to support the races I really wanted to be playable. Before, it was just hope that somehow, I would see Ogres and Saurok playable on the Horde in some fashion…for many years.

Once I actually started coming to the forums after BfA came out and seeing the different race megathreads, which helped add Vulpera and San’layn to my most wanted playable race list, I felt that at the very least, having ideas and discussions of the races I wanted playable was something, which is better than nothing. Honestly, I’m surprised that people like the writings I do for some of the megathreads, so at the very least, I’ve given some of the users here something fun to read. ^^;

As I said before, no matter what happens, I intend to support Ogres, Saurok, and San’layn as playable Horde races as best as I can and will continue to do so. If somehow the devs see the megathreads and take any form of feedback from them, then awesome! They’re welcome to use any ideas I post. However, I don’t consider it a guarantee that the races I want will be playable, no matter how passionate I type my ideas and such, nor would I take any credit for getting those particular races playable if they actually become playable, but to have something out there and having ongoing ideas and such being posted at least gives better chances than just me twiddling my thumbs and just hoping for the best.

Much as I am excited with the recent datamining of allied race death knights, rumors that we might have a Lich King 2.0, and that we still have room currently for a pair of allied races (worgen and undead related given the theme of the other allied races), I am tempering my expectations regarding Blizzcon and such because I…honestly don’t know what to expect, much as I have hope for my usual most wanted races.

No matter what happens, I’m in it for the long-haul, and we’ll face whatever happens together. Still, a part of me will always hope to see the races I want playable, and will just march onward with support through rain and shine.

I’m thankful to be able to see Vulpera playable, so hopefully I’ll see the day that Ogres, Saurok, and San’layn can party with them and the other members of the Horde in Orgimmar. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, true that. And like I said, with the idea of a potential death expansion (not confirmed of course, but I’m seeing people wanting it) via datamines, and the increase in vampire in media due to hype around Bloodlines and Castlevania, I feel like we have a strong case for us.

Blizzard does follow trends sometimes, and hopefully this will be a strong enough one that they like the idea and want to expand based on what people are talking about. The undead race slot would be a perfect one to fill with San’layn despite people’s gripes about elves, because they’re malleable.

People need to understand that the blood curse is a mutagen, this is proven by Lana’thel and her wings, and then the blood princes too. Back before MoP and later BfA, Zandalari were using just the old, hunched over forest troll models. Nightborne had no playable model, KT were just regular humans, DID also looked different, so on and so forth. We know that the models in game right now might not represent the vision the devs have for what that race could be.

So I say there is a strong chance that San’layn would be represented by way more than just “blood elves with red eyes and fangs”. There’s so much room for exploration with them. I mean, Kul’tirans are just humans, and they got an entirely new model, so! Yea ^^

7 Likes

So with the data mined audio for the litch king and people speculating return of the litch king expect coming next we could see our dream race faster than expected. Also allied races are getting the dk option coming up so in other words - hype.

2 Likes

First: I know I’m spamming here, two posts in one day.

Second: I would like to thank this thread and it’s creator and contributors. You guys gals and everything in between gave me hype for wow again. I haven’t really “played” wow since panda and even then for me it was a shell of what the game used to be. I became more focused on immersion than gameplay features. I would like to say gameplay features are definitely better than in wrath, but immersion has dwindled.

Getting to the point, I have always told myself if this race comes in I’ll have easily a year of content to play on them. It would be my role play character, it would be my main character. It would be my reason to play again. The simple speculations and the theory of it all has added the element of wonder again for me. Granted I do not play currently but I do think back and imagine the race being added and what I’d do.

To sum it up - even if the race never comes into the game. This single thread added joy to my wow experience.

Thank you,

Fly safe o7

5 Likes

See Death expansion would be a perfect oppurtunity. So they can be death knights right on release.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/cd7ayy/so_ive_put_together_the_most_important_pieces_of/

While trying to find a quote for another thread I stumbled on interesting lore for Jorun the Bloodwake. Possibly a precursor for more blood curse lore. And someone we might see in the future! There are also speculation going that the lich king has ties to Yogg’saron and that blizz wished to show the connection better. All themes that can be related to lore in the upcoming expansion.

I do hope they do a Q and A. Hopefully we can get some insight on San’layn, if they are not a nounced at bliizcon. I am excited to hear what they have for us. In the next fortnite.

2 Likes

If we’re being honest the only real two contenders for the final AR are LF undead or undead belfs since it’s a Forsaken AR.

We have a bunch actually for this expansion.

-tortollan (dev tweeted something ninja turtle related)
-gilblin (dialogue hints at joining horde)
-ankoan (dialogue hints joining alliance)
-sethrak (shared worgen skeleton similar to vulpera)
-naga (8.3 spoilers of plot)
-undead night elves (they joined the horde already under slyvanas)

We could also always get a race that are already in the horde but not playable similar to dark iron for alliance such as…
(Taunka,drogbar, centaur, ogre, hozen, undead elves,fungarians of zandalar)
On alliance (furlborgs, high elf (minority), jinyu, Nymphs, Broken, shen’dralar Highborne, frost dwarves/wildhammer)

1 Like

The only remaining races to get ARs are Forsaken and Worgen. The only possible one of those who are a Forsaken AR are the night elves and that’s not happening.

Forsaken and night elves are opposite to each other.

Also you forget we havent used the pandaren skeleton which tortollan would be ideal to use as well as tuskarr.

Aren’t Male San’layn red-eyed Night Elves instead of red-eyed Blood Elves?