San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Also awesome!

I actually forgot Kael’s association with Phoenixes (I got Ashes on the second run so never put much thought into it), so this is very fitting for him.

All hail Blood King Kael’thas Sunstrider, Twice-Risen Phoenix of Silvermoon!

(official art btw)

And oh lawd Nathanos is there, I imagine this immediately happening when he see him

7 Likes

I can see that being a hair option, or a new cosmetic option like the holiday crowns.

Glowing eyes are almost a must.

And wounds!
~https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/2f/66/c42f6685a8147088621b62a3735ea89c.gif
(figured I’d better be safe than sorry here)

6 Likes

5g says one of his click quotes is him trying to figure out how to do Illidan’s dramatic turn and wing flap combo with his new wings.

3 Likes

Seeing those images just makes me feel more hyped about the race or at the very least loving the idea behind it. From the first moment I saw that Sanlyn Custom options video I fell in love with the idea. Now imagine that image of Sylvanas with blood red tipped glowing hair. Hey. That’s some good allied race material if I ever saw some.

6 Likes

I think banshees could be there own thing. San’layn seem to be an entirely new identity. From all the ideas on this thread. Both undead races would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Love the idea sharing :stuck_out_tongue: You know at first I was somewhat skeptical about the idea of a Blood King Kael’thas. But yeah him being a figurative “phoenix” really makes sense to me. I had tons of fun writing that scenario, and I forgot there was art of him being a vampyr as well! Hah. Granted my descripton of the King is somewhat different.

Edit: ROFL if this ever becomes a thing, yes he definitely has to have a quote like that.

4 Likes

“Hmm, brace left leg, slowly turn to the right, tilt head slightly and,” flapping sound is heard “Hmm, not enough whoosh.”

1 Like

Possible thought: would it be possible to see wretched with the Sanlayn (i.e. in a similar position to the nightfallen to the nightborne)?

San’layn gotta nom so I don’t see why not if they don’t.

I can entirely imagine this. Plus if he has wings he can say, “'I wear these better than that Demon Hunter.” I think it would be quite funny ^^

As for wretched San’layn, probably if they don’t feed. In the very least i could see them lose their minds and beserk if not given the ability to feed which no doubt would be dangerous.

2 Likes

Hehe.

And yeah that’s basically the basis for the Blood Princess fight in the Violet Hold, she’s starving.

2 Likes

I now want a dungeon with a bunch of Ghoulish vampires coming at us.

Bonus points for ceiling crawling.

7 Likes

Only the shaman, master of all four elements can stop the phoenix king

1 Like

Hello! I am BACK, as Jaheira! Only this time, as a Human Marksmanship Hunter!

Welcome back ^^ also I do hope major Kael fans think I did him justice. I really was iffy at first with the idea but as I wrote I began to realize how truly awesome things would be if they went down like that. Especially with the whole rebirth theme of a phoenix, and how well, yeah. He could be given another chance like Illidan did.

2 Likes

I, for one, would love to see Kael’thas make a comeback! This time, as a Blood Prince or Blood King, and have him rule alongside an NPC, named after you, Your Majesty, Oh Blood Queen Fallynn!!!

You know what occurred to me. A fun racial would be if they could temporarily transform into a bat that could fly kind of like druid’s flight form. However maybe that might be a bit op for a racial?

2 Likes

something like the flight here (which actually belongs to a higher vampire) as a sort of short flight cd would be nice

6 Likes

Don’t know if it’s been brought up but a Vein-o-vision like the Demon Hunter’s Sight would be neat, just shows Humanoids instead of secret chests >_>

3 Likes

lol it could be called “seeing red”

3 Likes