San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Since the battle for Azeroth began my people have been hard at work sending Horde diplomats into the depths of the void never to be seen again, opening rifts in space and time to teleport across vast distances, and crafting entire dinosaurs completely out of shadow magic.

Come on, now. You bloodsuckers are going to have to step it up big time if you want to ever be the better vampires.

4 Likes

Is that a challenge?! Looks like we do gotta step up our game guys. Dreven ripping gnomes to shreds wasn’t enough, we must do more. Like turn into an army of bats and rip out each and every artery & vein of our enemy and gorge on the blood. FOR THE GLORY OF THE SAN’LAYN!

3 Likes

Yeah ok, that’d be a good start.

2 Likes

I wish they’d play a little more off the hunger aspect of Void Elves as well.
The Inclusion of San’layn would be interesting as you’d have both sides with an elf race that wants/needs to feed but has to repress it to a degree.

Also as for increasing Void Elf numbers, I think it’d be interesting to have a contingent of Blood Elves go up against some Void Elves, losing control over the Void, which then consumes the light from the Blood Elves leaving them void corrupted. They then try to return home but are shunned due to the corruption, turned away for fear of corrupting the Sun Well, but the Void Elves at fault offer to take them in.
Then have the Blood Elves set about trying to find a way to defend more fully against the void.

I wouldn’t put it past Sylvanas to release a couple San’layn in Silvermoon to increase their numbers either :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a question…does an elf have to be alive to create a San’layn?
Perhaps if it’s not a requirement, this could be a way she could “keep” her promise to Lor’themar about not raising Blood Elves, but still raise Blood Elves by having San’layn, loyal to her, doing so.

2 Likes

If they get a taste for it and enjoy the power, I could see them approaching a San’layn to ask to be turned to get more mastery over blood magic.

1 Like

See, that’s a good question. I’m pretty sure the blood curse kills, but that’s actually not confirmed, so who knows. There were neophytes chilling there in the Alliance war campaign–where did they come from, how did they join the San’layn, how new are they, exactly…

Race is… “humanoid”. Now, isn’t that strange? Not undead. Intended?

4 Likes

There’s a lot of mislabeled mobs in BFA. Ghosts are labeled humanoid instead of undead. Ghost animals are labeled beasts. I believes there’s even a troll lich mislabeled as humanoid too.

The beastly ghosts might be that way for tameables, but the other things you mentioned are a good point. I dunno therefore if the neophytes are a mislabel or actually alive. Granted, they do have lichfire eyes and pale skin though, so I assumed undead.

1 Like

With all the questionable things Sylvanas is doing, if the San’layn are more loyal to her, with them being an undead race, I could see her finding a loop hole to turn more Blood Elves via something like the San’layn.

Likely for the same reason due to the DK command undead spell.

They should have pale skin and red eyes. :stuck_out_tongue: I mean isn’t that what San’layn are known for?

4 Likes

The problem is, we have 0 updated models for San’layn. I bet if their models got some love, we’d see some really neat stuff. Instead we’re stuck with blood elf DK for now… hopefully not just forever, though. I do hope they at least dip into the thread sometime for ideas. Black eyes would also work, like Lana’thel.

2 Likes

True, but they can add more customization.

They have no set look lore wise.

So basically they are a open canvas

4 Likes

That’s one thing I can agree with. It does give me hope and no hope at the same time. No model updates either means:

1. They’re being worked on
  2. They’re not being worked on, and therefore not important enough for updates/won’t be considered for an allied race

I hope it’s #1, but that’s obvious.

I believe they’ve updated models and put them in again at some point though, like various examples on this thread, so who knows. Models that were used earlier in expansion, updated, and then seen again.

2 Likes

You bump this thing too much.

nice alt post bud.

ps. thanks for the bump

1 Like

How? She just answering and making discussions. She’s not bumping this thread up.

People generally like this thread so it’s getting attention.

Don’t like it, leave

4 Likes

3m is not a bump… which is why I posted

:partly_sunny:

I’ve some advice for you: Go to the bottom of the thread, click the bell or paw (whatever icon you see) and set it to “muted”. Then, you never have to see the thread again.

You’re welcome.

9 Likes

WAT!!

That is AWESOME!!!

Thank you :smiley:

No problem, and good riddance ^^

Now, where were we?

2 Likes