San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

It’s a Warhammer Ork, though I’m unsure of the original artist/source.

If you ever need to find it in a quick google search, type “Puzzled Ork” and it’s the first result.

4 Likes

They were made to evoke the Void (which they do much better than the ones Void Elves came with imo), so I don’t expect to see them being added to Blood Elves.

I do hope that those NPC only purple eyes become available for Blood Elves and Void Elves though, as they clearly evoke Arcane.

3 Likes

Yeah this is why I want them, they’re the same color as the Nightwell and a lot of other arcane things I can think of off the top of my head.

3 Likes

Maybe we will get undead options in a patch post Nathria. They might even be done and waiting for a story reason to add them in.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking, a lot have proposed the idea of ‘vampyr’ customization as a Revendreth reward (which I sincerely hope isn’t tied to just those who go into the bloody covenant. An account-wide unlock would be great).

Or as I say (like a broken record), a Night Warrior-like questline would be golden for adding San’layn, if we’re destined to just be customization. I just really really hope for fangs in the very least along with red/black eyes and undead skin. Claws would be awesome too.

4 Likes

This is unrelated, but it reminded me that the only character in Warcraft I can think of who has red and black eyes is Xavius. This was even before he was the Nightmare Lord too, but I don’t think it ever explained why his eyes were that way.

2 Likes

Rotting zombies are more deathrock and punk at this point.

They don’t fit the victorian era elegance.

https://media.giphy.com/media/EAHBdGL7sOlDG/giphy.gif

I don’t see it that way for me, undead themes give off a suave or chic level of arrogance that I vibe with, whether it be Sylvanas, DK’s in the Scourge, Maldraxxus.

While I agree it’s not the vibe everyone wants to see or get from certain themes, Undead themes still have something for everyone imo. :hugs:

I kind of secretly hope Maldraxxus has the San’layn lore tie in for an AR or customization, but I understand a lot of people look to Revendreth for that.

2 Likes

here to show my support for playable San’layn elves!

Blizzard please…we want them ! :pray:

3 Likes

No I’m with you there entirely. The vampyr curse seems like a weapon, after all. While thematically Revendreth makes sense, Mald makes the most sense story-wise. Especially due to it seeming similar to scourge (lover informed me that there’s not scourge ties)

2 Likes

Sounds like a good album title.

5 Likes

At least there are two different avenues we can hope to see something from in all honesty. Something has to yield results! hopefully fingers crossed

2 Likes

About half the new eyes are technically void eyes. The ones where you can’t see the iris.

There where a lot of suggestions for more Void Stuff that got ignored.

From tentacle toggles (Which would let you have tentacles or no tentacles for all haircuts.) to Void Hair to Entropic Embrace customizations.

But ultimately it ended up being a copy paste of Blood Elf skins after adding diversity options. With few suggestions implemented for both Blood Elves and Void Elves.

A lot of people don’t seem to realize this about the purple eyes we got.

2 Likes

Eh personally eyes are the bare minimum and boring to me. It’s just an eye color. Also why I’m not even remotely interested in just red eyes for blood elves. Needs more for the proper fantasy.

I wish more monster features were added to void elves as options of course to make them more distinct. Like the pictures I shared before. Right now they look like just a copy and paste blood elf with slight goth options.

Also what I’m afraid of with San’layn. there’s many ideas we’ve shared so that they can be unique, look nice, and still be monstrous. But I have a sinking feeling we’re going to just get red eyes and be told to shut up.

1 Like

I’d prefer Void themed tattoos over extra eyes. Something like this mockup I did:
https://i.imgur.com/zMJNgkY.png

4 Likes

Thought up another San’layn consumable item for fun:

Fresh Blood Wine - “Judging by the freshness of the ingredients, you come to the conclusion that the San’layn serve their wine before its time.”

“Its time” referring to whatever being they get the ingredients, of course. :wine_glass:

4 Likes

I like this idea. San’layn are fast drinkers after all.
https://i.imgur.com/zfEXhno.gif

6 Likes

Nice, I love the ‘flavor’ text :wink:

2 Likes

That will always make me laugh.

The one where he looks at the camera right before disappearing is gold.

6 Likes