San’layn allied race for Venthyr

That’d be a crappy way to do it.

There’s a variety of subraces that are being added via customization.
It’s a bummer they’re not all getting their own class rosters and racial abilities/mounts/armor etc.

Bit of a bummer.

I would remove Paladin from their options.

And maybe the hero classes as well?

But i respect them from a thematic stance.

I cannot remember her name but a Belf DK made some really good fan work theoretical customization for them.

It was all amazing goth inspired looks.

I’d be very disappointed if San’layn didn’t have death knights. It’s pretty fitting, especially blood spec.

We’ve got a pretty long San’layn thread here on the forums that’s full of great ideas, even some great art, which might be what you’re referring to. Some neat customization options and such.

Oh cool can you link it ??

Maybe. I can’t judge until I understand the san’layn story.

However… the sethrak on there has to be by someone who never played horde. I think I recall the zandalari occupy the sethrak temple later in questing.

There is a San’layn megathread.

Edit to actually add the thread in (which would’ve been much more helpful!) because I forgot!

2 Likes

Rhielle has once again graced us with her knowledge!! :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Got a link to them saying no allied races for shadowlands?

tickles the flower crown girl

I can never tell if sarcasm or sweet…

If course, I was less than helpful, because I forgot to actually link the thread so people could see it. LOL :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

What if instead of an allied race, it’s a belf customization like night warrior?

You drink some sanlayn blood or whatever those vampires do and you can become one.

1 Like

No more reuse of the blood elf model, pls. San’Layn would be horrible as an allied race because blizzard would just retexture blood elves and there you go. Boring. Revamp or redesign San’Layn and give them a different set of animations and they’d be great.

I appreciate you linking this! Yeah I like keeping things consolidated to one thread.

Plus, yeah, I put in a loooot of work into that thread, if I’m going to be honest.

Also this fan art I commissioned from Galdersart seems so much more relevant now that Kael is coming back :stuck_out_tongue: ('twas PRIOR to finding out)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/508788039477362708/680991357850091669/Blood_King.jpg

That’d be pretty cool if we got fangs as well, and bat-like ears. Hopefully claws too. I’d have to live with that, it’d give justification to allow them to be playable. I just would hope they’d give them a bit more lore, you know? Like the origin of the blood curse, what was meant by “The neophytes were being turned into Blood Princes like Dreven” (Alliance War Campaign), turning process, what they’ve been up to since Wrath. That might be asking much from a lore standpoint, but hey it’s just what I personally would love to see myself.

3 Likes

So far lore wise I think alliance kills the remaining sanlayn in war campaign.

That said, shadowlands could have a quest to receive their “gift” as it were.

I think many would like that.

Thing is, it never said remaining San’layn, plus there’s two missing Blood Princes. A lot are saying they were exterminated, but that’s not supported lorewise at all, it’s just an assumption people are making; plus, why would every remaining member of one race be on a single boat? o.o It just… yeah.I firmly believe that there’s more out there, and since these ones showed up out of nowhere at all, it can easily happen again. Them being extinct is something I will disagree with to the end, but I can just agree to disagree because I’m so sick of arguing it if I’m gonna be honest.

As for the quest to receive a gift like that, sure. One of the missing blood princes could show up for that purpose. This also could apply to human vampyr that we saw in Stormheim (where it was questioned by Mrrgleton if they even could die).

4 Likes

Good points all around!

I say shadowlands because we know some are there, and have a covenant, and armor.

Blizz will miss out if they didnt, it’s a perfect time to get that vampy vibe going since it seems and entire zone will be like that.

2 Likes

I agree entirely. I think your idea has a lot of merit, and hey, we might see it. I just am a big lore person (for San’layn anyway) so am craving it. Plus Stormheim has been on my mind ever since they showed that short questline. I hope we get an origin story for all of this soon! Not to mention, the hype for vampires seems to be on the rise (might be my bias glasses though) what with Dracula on Netflix and Castlevania too (Gods I love that series).

Edit: I should probably stop bumping though because I’m gonna get yelled at and should stick to my own thread for this :stuck_out_tongue: I think I shared my food for thought, thanks everyone for hearing me out even if you disagree. I’m fine if people dislike my opinions/ideas and am grateful for people who can maturely express that.

But yeah I know people dislike repeat topics so this is my last reply to this particular thread!

3 Likes

A much better love story than twilight. :wink:

2 Likes

Of course! Sorry I forgot to do it when I first posted. Work has fried the hell out of my brain tonight. LOL

I feel like there’s so many ideas there, it’s a nice consolidation.

Oh, here’s your art:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/508788039477362708/680991357850091669/Blood_King.jpg

2 Likes

giggles
Hehehhhe~~~
It’s not sarcasm !!
Everytime you comment in a thread you grace everyone with your grace and intelligence!
Haha that’s okay we all make mistakes!
:blush::blush::blush::blush: