Samsung Galaxy Fold Smart phone: $1980

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/390226097876500481/547958225069146113/5c6dbc3026289807c1212bc4-640-480.jpg

Would you buy it?

No .I don’t have to play the crapy game called Diablo immortal

2 Likes

No. I don’t see the point in spending several hundred dollars on a phone let alone $2000.

2 Likes

Not a chance. Not only do i not really care for Samsung’s buggered-up custom Android skin (OneUI is better than TouchWiz, but… thats like saying a raging dumpster fire is better than a forest fire… technically true… but yeah…), i already have a perfectly good tablet, and a perfectly good phone.

Both of which combined are cheaper and do more.

I’ll take 2. No no no 3!

I paid $25/mo ($225 total) for my last smartphone.
I pay $8/mo ($190 total) for my current smartphone.

I’m probably not part of Samsung’s “target audience” for the folding one…

But it’s nice to see Android phones costing as much or more than Apple phones.

Flagship phones from the likes of Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC, etc, always have.

That’s why OnePlus and other companies like them were such big disruptors - they offered Flagship specs for half as much (or even less).

Meh, would probably be like a brick folded up in your pocket.

I really like the idea behind the S10e though. Too bad it didn’t have the screen fingerprint though, without making the phone bigger. Most companies seem to keep eliminating the smaller options :frowning: .

Nah, besides, already decided on my next phone anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I just pre-ordered the S10! Comes with a free pair of Galaxy buds, $50 credit in accessories, and $150 for my old phone- in total I saved almost $400 bucks which is nice. Im pretty tired of Apple- I feel like its been the same phone for the last 5 years (apart from Animoji’s) sigh*

I’m getting a Pixel 3 in april, want to deep dive more into the Android OS and google phones make that easier :stuck_out_tongue:
I had an s9 til I dropped it though lol, great phone.

I’m curious to see how it justifies the price range. If it just does what mine does but folds why bother, but what improvements justify -2 thousand dollars?-

As for buying it, if my phone breaks and this one goes down in price a bit… maybe. It’s functional as a tablet as well as a phone, thanks to being foldable, but I’d have to see the reviews first before investing that much into anything.

The price is just “opportunity cost” of buying into brand new tech, anytime something new comes out it’s overpriced for what it is.

I remember spending over a 100 bucks on a 32 gig usb drive…

Remember when a 128 GB sata SSD was like $200?

That’s what I spent for my first SSD! lol, it was like 175 or something, that thing is still kicking btw.

I l remember when a 64GB ssd cost $6k.

Must have been extremely early in development if true. Like… they somehow created a 64gig ssd in the 80s lol.

It was around 2004 when I was in high school. I had just read about ssd’s and looked them up on newegg. Can’t recall if there were any others or if that was just the largest capacity they offered.

Ah 2004… built my first computer in 2005, core 2 duo, 8 gigs of ram… don’t even remember the video card, but it was replaced with an 8800 ultra a few years later and the cpu didn’t last long before it was replaced with a core 2 quad.

I’m torn as to whether I might buy it or not. On the one hand I am a fan of phablets and have a note 9 now. On the other hand it’s new tech and first models are likely to have some weird gremlins in them.

My other concern is that it’s samsung and their bloatware is getting real bad recently.

1 Like