Same ‘ol, same ‘ol…

questions:

1. Is havoc really Momentum or nothing? If so, please explain why I should know that’s the case for now and the short/long term.

2. I’m not complaining. There are are lot of knowledgeable people here and I’ve read the question before, but’s there’s a lot of debate. Either way, the convos I see are never connected to the builds themselves. I need to know how to spec at 60 so I can play it to 70 in some resemblance of what will be “meta”, especially if there is a massive disparity. The guides out there have SL S4 builds that include covenants and legendaries. Irrelevant to me.

3. I’m not CE, but AOTC and KSM are my goals when they are relevant. I know it’s about fun, etc…but I have meters and being trash is not fun. I want to at least look like I know what I’m doing.

• Thanks

Yup sadly momentum or go home. Weird makes these trees seem like a waste of time.

2 Likes

No.

/10char

2 Likes

For ST there’s a build without movement involved that is close behind.

For AoE/Cleave, yes, Momentum or bust

1 Like

Dragonflight momentum isn’t like SL or BFA momentum. It triggers off more things so even if you don’t try to maintain up time it’s free damage due to the new rotation.

2 Likes

I’m testing a sigils immo build from 60-70. It’ll probably be my AoE build but I’m open to momentum. Either way I think tuning will make us have different builds throughout.

Again, for the mythic raiders, they will all gravitate to the best builds and be able to pull off SIM related dps. For us heroic KSM heroes, I think you’ll see a variety and actual game play will be more important.

1 Like

Honestly even without momentum, a DH can dish out top tier damage, but if you really want to push yourself and be a tryhard, momentum is there and rewards you slightly for the extra effort.

It is not necessary even if you are in a bleeding edge guild as the damage difference is barely noticeable and execution of mechanics and playing well makes a much higher difference than momentum does.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the worst form of Momentum ever conceived.

Honestly, they should delete initiative, unbound chaos, and momentum. Then bring them back as their own spec in 11.0 or whatever.

1 Like

Simming my char between using momentum and not was only a 700 dps difference from 37500 down to 36800 I think you can basically do either but you will be a good 1k short or so.

1 Like